Windows 10: In the services section Windows update is not running and stopping atomatically due to...

Discus and support In the services section Windows update is not running and stopping atomatically due to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i cannot able to download apps from microsoft store and i cant run some online games in the services section windows update is not running and stopping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ITsVrsumanth, Nov 8, 2020.

1. In the services section Windows update is not running and stopping atomatically due to...

i cannot able to download apps from microsoft store and i cant run some online games in the services section windows update is not running and stopping itself. please help

:)

ITsVrsumanth, Nov 8, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 8, 2020
  4. In the services section Windows update is not running and stopping atomatically due to...

After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

In the services section Windows update is not running and stopping atomatically due to...

1. In the services section Windows update is not running and stopping atomatically due to... - Similar Threads - services section update

2. Win11 Spooler service stops running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Spooler service stops running: We have a Win11 client where there is an installed printer that works, then suddenly all applications think there is no printer installed.Check the Print Spooler service and it stopped running. How can I troubleshoot why this is happening?...
  3. Win11 Spooler service stops running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Spooler service stops running: We have a Win11 client where there is an installed printer that works, then suddenly all applications think there is no printer installed.Check the Print Spooler service and it stopped running. How can I troubleshoot why this is happening?...
  4. Windows Security threat service has stopped due to update error.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security threat service has stopped due to update error.: Hello. A few hours ago I received this notification from Windows Security along with this error message from Windows Update: Virus & threat protection service has stopped. Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version 4.18.2103.7) Status:...
  5. Windows update service not running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update service not running: I can't update my pc. When I go to settings => update the screen loads indefinetly. When I open services.msc and manually start the update service, it immediately stops. I've been poking at this problem for the last 2 hours, and I'm a bit furious. Please ask any...
  6. windows update service is not running and getting stopped atomatically!!!!!! please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows update service is not running and getting stopped atomatically!!!!!! please help: hello my name is vrsumanth , since from past few days i was unable start windows update service i dont know y it is getting stopped atomatically[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Poor Performance due to Irrelevant Services Running

Poor Performance due to Irrelevant Services Running: I own few Low End Systems, i am quite fed up with illogical Services ruining my experience on a already cut-throat system, i want a proper triggered execution of services, for example on this system from which i am typing this, this laptop has no biometric devices such as...
  8. Can't Stop Windows Update Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Stop Windows Update Service: Recently I was trying to update Windows to 2004 using the update menu in settings. It got stuck at 90% and wouldn't move. Eventually I restarted the computer. The update manager then was stuck with an Error Code 0x80080005. I attempted to fix this using the solution detailed...
  9. Windows 1909 running very sluggish apparently due to Power Service

Windows 1909 running very sluggish apparently due to Power Service: I upgraded to version 1909 last week and the system ran fine until this morning when it started running very sluggish. I tried running Malwarebytes, but it spent 35 minutes looking for updates before I terminated it. Most programs take minutes to start up. MS Visual Studio...
  10. Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows: How to: Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows How to Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows A service is an application type that runs in the system background without a user interface and is similar to a UNIX daemon process. Services...