Windows 10: in the user file i can't see my account user file.

Discus and support in the user file i can't see my account user file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I hide my account folder by mistake and when I tried to unhide the folder in the view ribbon, I only got the default user and not my user. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GilYakimov, Feb 1, 2019.

1. in the user file i can't see my account user file.

I hide my account folder by mistake and when I tried to unhide the folder in the view ribbon, I only got the default user and not my user.

in the user file i can't see my account user file. 31f7004f-d322-4da5-8c73-0a88d06bcc4b?upload=true.png

:)

GilYakimov, Feb 1, 2019

2. User can't copy files from network share. Permission error.

Seems security essentials wasn't liking the file for the user for some odd reason. Thanks for your suggestions.

Hybrid_theory, Feb 1, 2019
  3. User files

Hi Alan,

We'd like to know if you're able to access the temporary (Test) account. If so, you may copy and paste your files from the Test folder to your preferred folder. After moving your files, access your main account; then delete the temporary user account. Follow
    the steps below to delete User Account:

• Open Control Panel > User Accounts >
      User Accounts
    • Click Manage another account, If prompted by User Account Control; select
      Yes.
    • Select the user you want to delete > Hit Delete the account > Choose
      Delete Files or Keep Files.
    • Choose Delete Account > Close the Control Panel.

Note: Make sure you're logged in as an administrator, before deleting the test account.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regile Reb, Feb 1, 2019
  4. in the user file i can't see my account user file.

Lost User Account

Hi Louis,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with user accounts, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that there can be only one Microsoft user account on one device, and that might be the reason you are unable to change the email address for the user account.

I suggest you to create a new account (Local account) on your computer and transfer the content to newly created user account.

Step 1: Creating a new user account

• Type cmd in the Search bar form the desktop.
    • Now, Right-click on cmd.exe from the result and select Run As Administrator.
    • User Account Control or UAC dialog box will appear, click on Yes.
    • Type net user username password /add

[Replace ‘username’ and ‘password’ with your desired username and password]

Step 2. Copying old files to newly created User Profile

• Go to C:\Users\(Your-Corrupted-Profile-Name)\ (L: file:///C:/Users/(Your-Corrupted-Profile-Name)/)
    • Copy all files except three files:

• NtUser.dat

• NtUser.ini

• NtUser.log
    3. Go to C:\Users\(New-User-Profile-name)\ (L: file:///C:/Users/(New-User-Profile-name)/)

4. Paste all those copied files here.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

in the user file i can't see my account user file.

1. in the user file i can't see my account user file. - Similar Threads - user file can't

2. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  3. Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't see other user accounts on lockscreen: Hi, I made an account with my name when i installed Windows 11. Now, i want to add another profile for my brother. I am able to make a user account but I cannot see that user on the lockscreen. I really like the UI/UX of Windows 11 and I don;t wanna switch back to windows 10....
  4. Lost Files in my user account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Files in my user account: Hi Microsoft, Yesterday, I changed my user account from microsoft user account to a local account and all my important files were gone. I already checked the drive C:\Users\filename the folder was there and some files but all of my import files were gone. Is there another way...
  5. User Accounts / Shared Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Accounts / Shared Files: Hello, I work in a onsite department and one of are clients has a computer in one of their head employees office that they are also using as a server. On the server computer they have a folder on his C drive called Shared that other computers inside the network can access....
  6. Merge user files with current administrator user/account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merge user files with current administrator user/account: I bought a new laptop. I transferred all users, applications and files from the old one, but I need to merge the admin user on the new one with one of the admin users transferred from the old one....
  7. I cannot see an user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot see an user account: So, i was installing windows after formatting my computer and after it finished i was installing stuff when i noticed it had created my user folder as just a random shortened form of my name. I found on a forum saying it could be solved creating a new local user, so i did...
  8. Can't Access my main user account even if it's in the files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Access my main user account even if it's in the files: Hello recently i found that my main user account was missing, i've been trying my best to get access to it but to no avail (the highlighted user is the one I'm trying to get back on was originally called "bat") [ATTACH] the list of users, 14025 (bat) is nowhere to be...
  9. a user can see by anyway other user files? Emails outlook, or

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    a user can see by anyway other user files? Emails outlook, or: Users accounts in win 10 pro a user can see by anyway other user files? Emails outlook, or passwords in chrome or robofirm password manager...? to switcgph users needed shutdown... ? For user creation ms account is optional? 16882
  10. new user account can't see pictures

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    new user account can't see pictures: I created a new user account for my spouse but we aren't able to access pics that are on the computer. I can't figure it out, any help appreciated. 93154