Windows 10: In the works: HLSL DirectX Shader Model 6.6 for developers

Discus and support In the works: HLSL DirectX Shader Model 6.6 for developers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft and its partners are happy to announce the development of Shader Model 6.6, the latest advancement in HLSL capability. Shader Model 6.6 will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

In the works: HLSL DirectX Shader Model 6.6 for developers

Read more: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/direc...der-model-6-6/

:)

Brink, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x

Source: New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation (GBV) is now available for Shader Model 6.x | DirectX Developer Blog

Brink, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x

Source: New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation (GBV) is now available for Shader Model 6.x | DirectX Developer Blog

Brink, Nov 24, 2020
  4. 2NE1Mo Win User

Need help Identifying my DirectX Shader model

I was trying to play a game on my laptop and got an error message saying 'gpu compatible with directx 11.0 shader model 5.0 not found' and I used GPU Z to find out what my Directx version and shader model was, so I have DirectX support - 10.1 and shaders
    - 12 unified, but I have no idea what '12 unified shaders' mean.

Can someone please translate this into a somewhat understandable term like shader model 2.0-5.0

I just really want to play this game!

Thanks in advance!

2NE1Mo, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

1. In the works: HLSL DirectX Shader Model 6.6 for developers - Similar Threads - works HLSL DirectX

2. DirectX Shader Cache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX Shader Cache: I'm wondering if my cache is high when checking it in cleanup. It's 2.33MB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-shader-cache/bf897d4f-9d37-4a66-8060-10572d6afa22
  3. DirectX Shader Cache

in Windows 10 Customization
    DirectX Shader Cache: I'm wondering if my cache is high when checking it in cleanup. It's 2.33MB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-shader-cache/bf897d4f-9d37-4a66-8060-10572d6afa22
  4. DirectX Shader Cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Wifi 6 AX201 not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi 6 AX201 not working.: Hi there fellow microsoft people. Recently iodated my surface pro 7 and after I finished updating I've been having a lot of problems. Firstly, wifi isnt exsistant besides in device manager where is shows error 56 I'm sure you've heard of it but just in case here it is...
  6. Virtual Basic 6 Service Pack 6 refuses to work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Basic 6 Service Pack 6 refuses to work: So, this is my first time asking for help with this sort of thing, but I desperately need assistance on this one. After verifying that Virtual Basic 6 is on my computer, I downloaded the installer for Service Pack 6 that is provided by Microsoft. After running the installer...
  7. Shader model 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shader model 5: I am trying to play Sea of Thieves but it requires Shader model 5. in terms of setup in have a dell running intel i5 and windows 10. all the drivers are up to date. do I need a new graphics card or should this work?...
  8. New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x

in Windows 10 News
    New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x: In the next update to Windows, codenamed 19H1, the DirectX12 debug layer adds support for GPU-based validation (GBV) of shader model 6.x (DXIL) as well as the previously supported shader model 5.x (DXBC). GBV is a GPU timeline validation that modifies and injects validation...
  9. Directx shader cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Directx shader cache: What happens if I delete the Directx shader cache in trying to clean up my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-shader-cache/97168e04-074b-4b71-9812-7f480987c28d"
  10. Question about installing DirectX 6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about installing DirectX 6: I'm trying to get Master of Orion II to work, but it needs DirectX 6.1. I've learned that installing version 9 on top of version 12 (or whatever W10 has) is safe, but is installing version 6 on top of 9 safe? The game won't run with version 9, because it can't find DPLAY.DLL....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my gpu not showimg shader model 6.6