Windows 10: In this case customize files colour coding is only the solution

Discus and support In this case customize files colour coding is only the solution in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the below article shows that Windows don't have such option (customize files colour coding) :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Khalid.M.A, Apr 16, 2019.

1. In this case customize files colour coding is only the solution

In the below article shows that Windows don't have such option (customize files colour coding) :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_other-mso_365hp/color-code-file-names/18e47aad-2c59-4eaa-a6b8-6686ed815677

What I what to say is that files name colour code customization is not only recommended for organizing files but also in some cases it is mandatory. As an example I am working in a big company, in a specific share folder all events reports pdf files are named with unique standard file naming and kept in that folder, now, the only way is to distinguish updated files (updated to the company database) is possible through colouring the updated files name in the same folder. You may think that it may be possible to do the same by moving updated pdf files (events reports) to another folder, but unfortunately in such scenario file may duplicates because clients will no more longer receive Window warning popup "There is already a file with the same name in this location" so the same pdf file may saves again in the share folder. For this reason files colour coding is the best solution to avoid duplication.

There are some third party applications providing such facilities as in the below link:

http://filemarker.net/file-marker-free.php

thanks to them, but unfortunately it is difficult to get a third party applications in some companies.

Windows request to provide the same.

:)

Khalid.M.A, Apr 16, 2019

2. Printer default colour

If you have the time, could you do as I suggested giving me a step x step in case I have missed something please.

frenchman96, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Colour Coding Files

Hello

I would like to colour code folders on my pc. I am using Windows 10. Any ideas please? Many thanks

katiemillard1, Apr 16, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

In this case customize files colour coding is only the solution

Custom colour - what irony...!

Hi, in Settings, from here...

In this case customize files colour coding is only the solution [​IMG]

..click Custom colour...I see... wait for it... you'll like this..promise..

Laptop, same display settings as 1703 and earlier...

Do you see that? I suppose it will vary with display and settings.

dalchina, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

In this case customize files colour coding is only the solution

1. In this case customize files colour coding is only the solution - Similar Threads - case customize files

2. Solution to case # 7028641952

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution to case # 7028641952: Hello, Please refrence case # 7028641952This is a courtesy communication to explain to Microsoft that the issue I was having with my attempts to upgrade to Windows 11 have finally been solved. After 2 different Microsoft representatives logged on with me thru remote mode,...
  3. Solution to case # 7028641952

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solution to case # 7028641952: Hello, Please refrence case # 7028641952This is a courtesy communication to explain to Microsoft that the issue I was having with my attempts to upgrade to Windows 11 have finally been solved. After 2 different Microsoft representatives logged on with me thru remote mode,...
  4. Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working: Yesterday, while in the midst of typing, my PC did a little hiccup and suddenly the screen lost all colour, becoming black and white. I have tried all the suggestions found on google e.g., Window+ Cntrl +C; settings -ease of access; settings-personalisation, turn off and on,...
  5. Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working: Yesterday, while in the midst of typing, my PC did a little hiccup and suddenly the screen lost all colour, becoming black and white. I have tried all the suggestions found on google e.g., Window+ Cntrl +C; settings -ease of access; settings-personalisation, turn off and on,...
  6. Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size: Hey There,I am using paint 3D,and I use it to make a simple, transparent logo, containing a word.Therefore I use the text editor.But, to my unfortune, I cannot select any custom colours or font size for the word.Is there anyone who can tell me, if there is a way to do...
  7. Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3D - text; no custom colour, no custom font size: Hey There,I am using paint 3D,and I use it to make a simple, transparent logo, containing a word.Therefore I use the text editor.But, to my unfortune, I cannot select any custom colours or font size for the word.Is there anyone who can tell me, if there is a way to do...
  8. In this case customize file names colour coding is only the solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In this case customize file names colour coding is only the solution: In the below article shows that Windows don't have such option (customize file names colour coding) : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_other-mso_365hp/color-code-file-names/18e47aad-2c59-4eaa-a6b8-6686ed815677 What I what to say is that,...
  9. Custom colour - what irony...!

Custom colour - what irony...!: Hi, in Settings, from here... [img] ..click Custom colour...I see... wait for it... you'll like this..promise.. [img] [img] Laptop, same display settings as 1703 and earlier... [img] Do you see that? I suppose it will vary with display and...
  10. Customizing Colours

Customizing Colours: I would like to make my taskbar Grey, but have all the accents be Pink, how is this possible. OR just make the pink you can choose a lighter one, because right now, when you choose any of the colours, they become darker than it shows on the taskbar. 9798