Windows 10: In Uk yorkshire decent fast ISP finally -- on Wifi with KCOM

Discus and support In Uk yorkshire decent fast ISP finally -- on Wifi with KCOM in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there. In Yorkshire near Kingston Upon Hull (apparently not the most desirable place in UK - seems OK to me so I think people just quoting stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Aug 23, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

In Uk yorkshire decent fast ISP finally -- on Wifi with KCOM

Hi there.

In Yorkshire near Kingston Upon Hull (apparently not the most desirable place in UK - seems OK to me so I think people just quoting stuff without ever trying these places !!) I'm just off ferry this morning from Rotterdam / Europoort for the UK holiday weekend.

KCOM small ISP seems to have excellent Wifi which I couldn't get anything like when in centre of London !!! maybe outlying areas away from London aren't so horrible after all.

Upload is slower but happy with download - especially as going over Wifi.

In Uk yorkshire  decent fast ISP finally -- on Wifi with KCOM [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 23, 2018
  2. DrPepper Win User

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Yorkshire declared independance from the UK in 1984 *Confused In Uk yorkshire  decent fast ISP finally -- on Wifi with KCOM :confused: ahh forget it welcome to the UK clubhouse.

DrPepper, Aug 23, 2018
  3. notebook won't accept my isp

Hi Kay,

We would like to know more details about your notebook not connecting to the ISP so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• What is the status of the connection in the system tray?
    • Are you connected to the WiFi hotspot but not getting Internet connectivity?
    • Have you made any changes before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try performing the troubleshooting steps in fixing connection issues in the following

link

We're looking forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Aug 23, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Finally can retire WIRED network Wifi USB-AC56 wifi 802.11ac

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

1. In Uk yorkshire decent fast ISP finally -- on Wifi with KCOM - Similar Threads - yorkshire decent fast

2. Decent WiFi but slow download speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decent WiFi but slow download speeds: I have two computers in my house that I use, one of the laptop and one is a desktop. My desktop has a Z690 maximus hero as the motherboard with the latest Intel drivers and my laptop is an old Asus laptop that I don’t know what motherboard it has, the CPU in my desktop is an...
  3. Decent WiFi but slow download speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decent WiFi but slow download speeds: I have two computers in my house that I use, one of the laptop and one is a desktop. My desktop has a Z690 maximus hero as the motherboard with the latest Intel drivers and my laptop is an old Asus laptop that I don’t know what motherboard it has, the CPU in my desktop is an...
  4. ISP

ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  5. ISP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  6. ISP

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. isp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    isp: Hi Iam getting a new mobile hotspot device do they all come with memory and ram also what does no throttling mean is 1 GB ram good AND 2G memory good Thank you Timmy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/9ef42ed4-059b-4d24-aec9-f6171f29e580
  8. PC wifi not as fast as phone wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC wifi not as fast as phone wifi: My PC's wifi is not as fast as my phone's wifi PC around 5mbs phone around 25mbs any help would be appreciated submitted by /u/Aldrey0623 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ii8yoz/pc_wifi_not_as_fast_as_phone_wifi/
  9. Can anybody recommend any decent uk pc podcasts?

Can anybody recommend any decent uk pc podcasts?: I already listen to a few but there mostly usa based podcasts, any decent uk ones anybody could recommend?. Computer/hardware/software. Regards. 125827
  10. Build 12814 - in UK 2 out of 3 ISP's tested cannot see shares.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build 12814 - in UK 2 out of 3 ISP's tested cannot see shares.: Hi folks This whole networking thing just gets me hosed up every time Currently in UK for small piece of work . While there I am getting weird network results on my own private (not used for work) laptop depending on the wifi service being used and ISP provider. private...