Windows 10: IN USER FILES FOLDER NO PERSON ICON BEING SHOWED AS MARKED IN IMAGE

Discus and support IN USER FILES FOLDER NO PERSON ICON BEING SHOWED AS MARKED IN IMAGE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; IN USER FILES FOLDER NO PERSON ICON BEING SHOWED AS MARKED IN IMAGE [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GINIMNARANG, May 5, 2020.

1. IN USER FILES FOLDER NO PERSON ICON BEING SHOWED AS MARKED IN IMAGE

IN USER FILES FOLDER NO PERSON ICON BEING SHOWED AS MARKED IN IMAGE

IN USER FILES FOLDER NO PERSON ICON BEING SHOWED AS MARKED IN IMAGE [​IMG]

:)

GINIMNARANG, May 5, 2020

2. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. IN USER FILES FOLDER NO PERSON ICON BEING SHOWED AS MARKED IN IMAGE :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, May 23, 2020
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. IN USER FILES FOLDER NO PERSON ICON BEING SHOWED AS MARKED IN IMAGE :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, May 23, 2020
  4. IN USER FILES FOLDER NO PERSON ICON BEING SHOWED AS MARKED IN IMAGE

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

TechGuy737, May 23, 2020
Thema:

IN USER FILES FOLDER NO PERSON ICON BEING SHOWED AS MARKED IN IMAGE

1. IN USER FILES FOLDER NO PERSON ICON BEING SHOWED AS MARKED IN IMAGE - Similar Threads - USER FILES FOLDER

2. Personal Folders Not Showing Up in User's Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Folders Not Showing Up in User's Files: When I click on the User's File icon on my desktop, it opens up, but some of the personal folders are missing. They are present in the quick access menu on the left. They are also present in C:\Users\[user name]\. It's only when I open the User's File icon on the desktop that...
  3. Personal Folders Not Showing Up in User's Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal Folders Not Showing Up in User's Files: When I click on the User's File icon on my desktop, it opens up, but some of the personal folders are missing. They are present in the quick access menu on the left. They are also present in C:\Users\[user name]\. It's only when I open the User's File icon on the desktop that...
  4. Images and icons always show default file icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Images and icons always show default file icon: Hi, i recently updated windows 11 to version 22H2, and somehow image thumbnails were replaced with the default file icon:To fix this I've tried this so far:Running DISM.exeRunning sfc /scannowExplorer settings to default including view settingsDisk cleanup thumbnailsRebooting...
  5. Images and icons always show default file icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Images and icons always show default file icon: Hi, i recently updated windows 11 to version 22H2, and somehow image thumbnails were replaced with the default file icon:To fix this I've tried this so far:Running DISM.exeRunning sfc /scannowExplorer settings to default including view settingsDisk cleanup thumbnailsRebooting...
  6. What is these files in my inside of person's folder in "Users"? C:/Users/User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is these files in my inside of person's folder in "Users"? C:/Users/User: So i just browsing to my folders and i found these 2 random files in my [username] folder.What is Desktop.SED and ~Desktop.DDF files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-these-files-in-my-inside-of-persons-folder/392957a5-5f4f-4f4a-b542-c5ee4b28ad60
  7. Icon image not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon image not showing: Images on folder icon wont show? I didn't have this issue before now all of sudden some images show others won't I have to open the file in order to see the image. I have tried the folders view option and unchecked the option to show icon never thumbnails and I'm still unable...
  8. User icon with a white question mark

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User icon with a white question mark: Hi Microsoft Community, I am unable to resolve this curiosity of mine, I have searched on the Net but all I found was "red question mark" instead. May I know the meaning behind this icon? [ATTACH]...
  9. User's Files icon is a folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User's Files icon is a folder: [ATTACH] My User's Files desktop icon has changed into the windows folder icon. When i create a shortcut of the file the icons appears fine. I tried changing the icon manually but it doesn't affect the desktop icon at all. Is there any way to fix it?...
  10. Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer The user profile of each account includes the 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Favorites,...