Windows 10: In W10 Task manager works fine at start up but fails after 4 hours.

Discus and support In W10 Task manager works fine at start up but fails after 4 hours. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello from Costa Rica.Task manager works fine at start up but after 4 hours the "users" tab is blank and therefor the "processes" tab is empty.The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RuudKoster, May 15, 2021.

1. In W10 Task manager works fine at start up but fails after 4 hours.

Hello from Costa Rica.Task manager works fine at start up but after 4 hours the "users" tab is blank and therefor the "processes" tab is empty.The processes tab shows the activity of the user.The other tabs shows the activity of the PC.After a reboot Taskmanger works fine again but after 4 hours the problem appears again.I did the sfc /scannow, the dsm and all the other "solutions" but nothing works.I had this same problem a few years back but disappeard after an update, but it is now back again after the latest update.

:)

RuudKoster, May 15, 2021
  2. steve108 Win User

Task Manager on start-up and minimized to tray

Confirmed on W10 2004 what you said - Task Manager starts minimized with an icon in the taskbar. If I click on the Task Manager taskbar icon, then minimize the Task Manager window, the taskbar icon goes away and Task Manager remains in the tray.

steve108, May 15, 2021
  3. Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, May 15, 2021
  4. bruce1943 Win User

In W10 Task manager works fine at start up but fails after 4 hours.

Task Manager not working

Topguncp - I went into Admin Command prompt and followed your three steps which fixed the problem Task Manager now working. Thanks for your assistance. Cheers In W10 Task manager works fine at start up but fails after 4 hours. :)

bruce1943, May 15, 2021
Thema:

In W10 Task manager works fine at start up but fails after 4 hours.

1. In W10 Task manager works fine at start up but fails after 4 hours. - Similar Threads - W10 Task manager

2. Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours: So, my laptop has been randomly freezing and doesn’t unfreeze. I can open the lap too and work on it just fine for hours until it randomly starts lagging really bad, my entire computer lags! It lags so bad I have to shut it down if I want it to finally work right, I even...
  3. Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly lags after working fine for hours: So, my laptop has been randomly freezing and doesn’t unfreeze. I can open the lap too and work on it just fine for hours until it randomly starts lagging really bad, my entire computer lags! It lags so bad I have to shut it down if I want it to finally work right, I even...
  4. Task manager "there are no start-up items to display"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager "there are no start-up items to display": I have this problem, now i've seen other ppl have it and some fixes, but none of them work, some said just restore the folder which was 'deleted' some said recreate the folder, i did all of those folder tricks and more, but nothing has worked for me. now is there a fix that...
  5. "Start" task in task-manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" task in task-manager: I want to ask if this task in the task-manager runs a malicious .exe file. File path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Start\MenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe I read on the Internet that this is either safe or evil and I don't know if I...
  6. Everything in task manager spikes at start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything in task manager spikes at start-up: Lately I've been having some problems with my pc being slow and not functioning properly. I've done a benchmark and It shows my SSD, which holds my windows10, is performing poorly. So what I wonder is how it affects games and such on my HDD? I'll make up a senario -...
  7. Task Manager not working when the computer starts up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager not working when the computer starts up: My computer is having a strange behavior for about one month until now: when I turn it on, it starts to heat, and I'm not able to open nor the Task Manager, nor the Regedit so far I can still open CMD. I had the idea to use Win+G to open the gaming functions, and in the...
  8. Windows start up and task manager

Windows start up and task manager: I can see an applications called jibes and kidney in my task manager, They run qdiavwq and cdiavwup. I don't recognize the apps. Can anyone tell me what launches them and what they do. I'm not sure if I have a virus....
  9. Handbrake fails on W10 --MakeMKV still works fine

Handbrake fails on W10 --MakeMKV still works fine: Hi there After "de-regionalising" and decrypting DVD's / Blu Ray's I convert these to MKV for my media servers. Handbrake on latest W10 build seems to miss some episodes when trying to encode DVD's with multiple episodes. I've used Handbrake for many years - however...
  10. Utorrent works fine in W10

Utorrent works fine in W10: Hi there W10 ==> Utorrent works 100% OK for those interested in that sort of thing -- I'd recommend using TOR though to access your favourite site(s) -- might be slower but is unblocked everywhere and you are anonymous to ISP statistic collections and other "prying eyes"....