Windows 10: In which scenario 32 character length Device ID will change.

Discus and support In which scenario 32 character length Device ID will change. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Device ID in the device specifications under About your PC page has changed after my notebook service. Need help to understand will this Device ID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bkumar7, Jan 1, 2021.

1. bkumar7 Win User

In which scenario 32 character length Device ID will change.

The Device ID in the device specifications under About your PC page has changed after my notebook service.
    Need help to understand will this Device ID change due to Windows 10 upgrade or if any hardware changes in the notebook? Thanks.

:)

bkumar7, Jan 1, 2021

2. Character length restriction

Unsure what you mean by character length. Care to be more specific?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 1, 2021
  3. The_NME Win User
    Change Device ID on ATI Card

Hello. I'm working on a small project to make a TV work with my system. I'm on to a method that looks promising. However, to proceed I need to change the device ID of my x300. I've used atiflash to change the subsys ID (the -mi switch) and RaBiT. RaBiT let me change the ID a little (from 5B60 to 5B61) but that didnt change a thing.

I suppose that I ideally want Windows to wonder what the heck the card is. I dont want it to know that its a x300. I know the device IDs from the driver installation files which is why I changed it to 5B61.

Is there any software out there to change the device ID?

The_NME, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Mozzer60 Win User

Character length restriction

Hi, When I say character length, I meant the total number of letters and numbers in a files title, currently set at 256 in Windows 10. When I used an old version of Windows, and I think it was server 2008, it allowed me to use up to 499. When I install
    the disks with long file names on a Windows 10 system it asks if I want to format the disk, but if I replace it in the old computer it works fine. I wondered if there was a work around for this problem or is Microsoft going to change Windows 10 to be capable
    of using more than 256 characters. Kind regards - Phil.

Mozzer60, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

1. In which scenario 32 character length Device ID will change. - Similar Threads - scenario character length

2. Change Min Pin Length for Logging in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Min Pin Length for Logging in?: So, I was a fool and installed MS Teams on my home machine and linked it to my work account. I had reasons for this, but let's not dwell on my being a fool. By linking to my work account, it updated the min pin length for logging in. I've removed Teams and gone to 'Access...
  3. Both device ID and Product ID changing with reinstalls

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Both device ID and Product ID changing with reinstalls: I purchased Windows 10 Pro and had to reinstall few more times and kept seeing the product id and device id both changing. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/both-device-id-and-product-id-changing-with/d8f60eb5-e0bc-48e8-a275-88ebd25ec4b4
  4. Windows Device ID Changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Device ID Changed: Hello, Recently i was having battery drain issue with my Laptop. I went to the service center for resolution,after couple of days of inspection and windows re-installation the service center guys handed me my laptop back. It is working fine now,but my Device ID was...
  5. My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ?: I bought my new laptop, lenovo legion 5i, a week back from now, and on the next day i faced battery drain problem . So i gave my laptop at lenovo service centre. There they said that battery was all good, but the problem was with operating system. At the time i gave in my...
  6. Which characters are acceptable for a computer name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which characters are acceptable for a computer name?: I went to Settings>About>Rename this PC, and used a variety of upper case, lower case, a hyphen and a number, but go a message "One or more of the characters you used won't work". What should I do? Thanks....
  7. File name length & permissible characters and Access right of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File name length & permissible characters and Access right of OneDrive: I am using OneDrive every day and it works good. However it cannot replace SSD or Hard disk. I have a no of difficulties and seeking advice to minimize the impact on use. What is the max characters of a file name including sub-folders in between? Is there any restriction...
  8. Windows: 8192 character command line length limit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows: 8192 character command line length limit: Dear experts, do we have some news about when the current 8192 character command line length limit will be removed? Can one expect to have a Windows distribution which allows the user to set environment variables likePATH or PYTHONPATH which length can be larger than the...
  9. Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?: Dear Community, I want to change my device ID (machine ID) via regedit. But I want know whether it will affect the Product activation or other authorisations. I have installed Windows 10 and activated. Please advice....
  10. Change characters on keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Change characters on keyboard: My keyboard changes characters from ie hash to £. I started recently. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/change-characters-on-keyboard/719f7438-ff2c-4bf6-b843-b4ac9ffcc573