Windows 10: In which scenario 32 character length Device ID will change.

Discus and support In which scenario 32 character length Device ID will change. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Device ID in the device specifications under About your PC page has changed after my notebook service. Need help to understand will this Device ID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bkumar7, Jan 1, 2021.

1. bkumar7 Win User

In which scenario 32 character length Device ID will change.

The Device ID in the device specifications under About your PC page has changed after my notebook service.
    Need help to understand will this Device ID change due to Windows 10 upgrade or if any hardware changes in the notebook? Thanks.

:)

bkumar7, Jan 1, 2021

2. Character length restriction

Unsure what you mean by character length. Care to be more specific?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 1, 2021
  3. The_NME Win User
    Change Device ID on ATI Card

Hello. I'm working on a small project to make a TV work with my system. I'm on to a method that looks promising. However, to proceed I need to change the device ID of my x300. I've used atiflash to change the subsys ID (the -mi switch) and RaBiT. RaBiT let me change the ID a little (from 5B60 to 5B61) but that didnt change a thing.

I suppose that I ideally want Windows to wonder what the heck the card is. I dont want it to know that its a x300. I know the device IDs from the driver installation files which is why I changed it to 5B61.

Is there any software out there to change the device ID?

The_NME, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Mozzer60 Win User

Character length restriction

Hi, When I say character length, I meant the total number of letters and numbers in a files title, currently set at 256 in Windows 10. When I used an old version of Windows, and I think it was server 2008, it allowed me to use up to 499. When I install
    the disks with long file names on a Windows 10 system it asks if I want to format the disk, but if I replace it in the old computer it works fine. I wondered if there was a work around for this problem or is Microsoft going to change Windows 10 to be capable
    of using more than 256 characters. Kind regards - Phil.

Mozzer60, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

1. In which scenario 32 character length Device ID will change. - Similar Threads - scenario character length

2. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device ID and Product ID changed post format.: I recently formatted my Dell Vostro 3590 which had Windows 10 installed. After the format of the OS i signed in using my Microsoft ID and the Product ID and Device ID of this laptop have changed. This laptop has also picked up the service tags of one of my other Dell Laptops...
  3. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device ID and Product ID changed post format.: I recently formatted my Dell Vostro 3590 which had Windows 10 installed. After the format of the OS i signed in using my Microsoft ID and the Product ID and Device ID of this laptop have changed. This laptop has also picked up the service tags of one of my other Dell Laptops...
  4. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...

in Cortana
    Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...: Hi all, I'm looking only for a way to have less length in the windows taskabr search box.It is currently 36 characters long, and uses more taskbar than I want.Can you make it 10 characters long by a registry hack?Cheers...
  6. Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...: Hi all, I'm looking only for a way to have less length in the windows taskabr search box.It is currently 36 characters long, and uses more taskbar than I want.Can you make it 10 characters long by a registry hack?Cheers...
  7. Search Bar LENGTH is 36 characters long...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Change Device id

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Device id: Dear all, Please help as 1 of the game account has been suspended and is base on my device ID. How can i change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-device-id/ee11e618-175a-41b3-9aba-981dccc809e1
  9. Windows Device ID Changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Device ID Changed: Hello, Recently i was having battery drain issue with my Laptop. I went to the service center for resolution,after couple of days of inspection and windows re-installation the service center guys handed me my laptop back. It is working fine now,but my Device ID was...
  10. Windows: 8192 character command line length limit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows: 8192 character command line length limit: Dear experts, do we have some news about when the current 8192 character command line length limit will be removed? Can one expect to have a Windows distribution which allows the user to set environment variables likePATH or PYTHONPATH which length can be larger than the...