Windows 10: In Win 10, is there any way to group "I'm done with the computer" actions in one spot?

Discus and support In Win 10, is there any way to group "I'm done with the computer" actions in one spot? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Currently when a user is done (or taking a break) from the computer, actions they might choose to take are not grouped helpfully together... Shutting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JeffreyHawkins, Sep 14, 2019.

1. In Win 10, is there any way to group "I'm done with the computer" actions in one spot?

Currently when a user is done (or taking a break) from the computer, actions they might choose to take are not grouped helpfully together... Shutting down and sleeping are in a different spot than logging out or switching users. This is like putting forks and spoons in different drawers... I mean, one is for soup and the other for steak, so why not put them in different drawers?

When a user is done, they should not have to think about which place to go to find the particular "I'm done" action needed at that moment. They should be able to go to a one and only "I'm done" spot to choose from a short list of reasonable options based on what they are planning at that moment.

Is there any way in policies or the registry to restore the more logical/helpful way this used to work?

:)

JeffreyHawkins, Sep 14, 2019

2. Change the default work group to something else in Win. 10

Single computer not on a domain, not networked or going to be.

It will not allow me to set up a home group. I have conflicting information. The system info page shows I am a work group. However in the network settings I changed it to public and it is listed that way in network neighbor hood.

I want to change to a private network and create a home group but it will not allow me to do so.

I have disabled file and network shareing and network discovery for personal reasons and I have no intention to allow this ever. To me Win 10 is far to permissive by default and have been takeing steps to remedy that.

Thank you.

dannyboy950XF, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Quick Action missing - Windows 10

Hi Pranav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn’t work in the way it should.

You can press Windows key + A together or you can swipe inwards from the right screen border to open Action Center on a touch screen. For us to isolate the issue and to assist you better, we’d like to ask you a few questions.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using?
    2. Which edition of Windows 10 are you using?

If the action center is turned off or disabled, it can’t be seen in the taskbar notification area. We can try a few steps and check if we can fix this.

Method 1: Turn on Action Center in Windows Settings.

1. Press Windows key + R together to open
      Run.
    2. Click on Personalization >
      Taskbar
    3. Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    4. Turn on Action Center.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: Enable Action Center in Group Policy.

The Local Group Policy editor is available only in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

1. Press Windows key + R together to open
      Run.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
    3. Expand User Configuration >
      Administrative Template
      > Start Menu and Taskbar.
    4. On the right pane, look for Remove Notification and Action Center.
    5. Double click on it.
    6. If it is enabled, make it disabled.

Restart the system and check.

If the issue persists, I’d suggest you to refer the
    answer posted by Maria Fab
    and check if it helps.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naveen_M, Sep 14, 2019
  4. SHENmaker Win User

In Win 10, is there any way to group "I'm done with the computer" actions in one spot?

missing groups in win 10

when I upgraded to WIN 10 the categories (groups) in my contact list disappeared. How do I get them back?

SHENmaker, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

In Win 10, is there any way to group "I'm done with the computer" actions in one spot?

1. In Win 10, is there any way to group "I'm done with the computer" actions in one spot? - Similar Threads - group I'm done

2. Mouse glitching in one spot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse glitching in one spot: My desktop was fine two days ago but literally yesterday while i was watching youtube the mouse suddenly went on the top left of my screen and stayed there. Whenever i tried moving the cursor it would always go back to the same spot. The only time it would act normally is on...
  3. Mouse glitching in one spot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse glitching in one spot: My desktop was fine two days ago but literally yesterday while i was watching youtube the mouse suddenly went on the top left of my screen and stayed there. Whenever i tried moving the cursor it would always go back to the same spot. The only time it would act normally is on...
  4. Any way to switch one for the other?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to switch one for the other?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/netocavalcanti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i37jyn/any_way_to_switch_one_for_the_other/
  5. I'm done with this error.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm done with this error.: I have a bunch of random files on my pc and most likely some malware but idk. I'm trying to reset my computer completely to a fresh windows 10 but I keep getting this error. I will go through the part where it says "preparing to restart" and it will get to 100% then restart....
  6. Optimal "one and done" place in Win 10 to label/edit MP3s?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optimal "one and done" place in Win 10 to label/edit MP3s?: I cannot find a clear answer in other posts about this MP3 labeling/editing issue. I have CDs of unreleased music made by some friends, so - when "ripped" to my desktop via WMP - it has the "Unknown Album/Artist" labeling. I want to know if there's an optimal place where...
  7. Two Win 10 computers. One can access the other, but it is one way only.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Win 10 computers. One can access the other, but it is one way only.: Older HP desktop can access new Asus laptop but the Asus cannot get into the HP. Have Norton Security installed on both. I've tried disabling firewalls. Nothing works. Both computers can access Internet....
  8. homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?: I tried creating a homegroup on a Windows 7 computer. When I try to join it from my Windows 10 computer, it says it detects it, and asks for a password, but suddenly reports that it no longer exists and fails to join it. Any idea why this is, or how to debug it? 53590
  9. Any way to upgrade baytrail Win 8.1 to any version of Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to upgrade baytrail Win 8.1 to any version of Win 10?: I'm getting a factory installed dual boot Win 8.1/Android 4.4 tablet that has an Intel Baytrail Z3735F processor. Will I be able to upgrade the Win 8.1 to any version of Windows 10, be it original full or mobile versions? Thanks. 7277
  10. I'm done with Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm done with Win10: Hi there For actual Trading -- I agree but I'm thinking of things like "Technical Analysis" where you want to run some "What If" scenarios or spread sheets with pivot tables etc. In any case you still need to run things concurrently and using keyboard + mouse combos on big...