Windows 10: In WIN 10 the ZIP feature in Explorer does make a .zip file but the size is just a few mbs...

Discus and support In WIN 10 the ZIP feature in Explorer does make a .zip file but the size is just a few mbs... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In WIN 10 the ZIP feature in Explorer does make a .zip file but the size is just a few mbs smaller that the uncompressed file. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NoneYa8, Dec 31, 2020.

1. NoneYa8 Win User

In WIN 10 the ZIP feature in Explorer does make a .zip file but the size is just a few mbs...

In WIN 10 the ZIP feature in Explorer does make a .zip file but the size is just a few mbs smaller that the uncompressed file.

In WIN 10 the ZIP feature in Explorer does make a .zip file but the size is just a few mbs... 93fadac1-c85b-4ad3-97b8-31f9714a6d8f?upload=true.jpg

:)

NoneYa8, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Zip functions

I am using Windows 10 and trying to create a zip file. I followed the usual steps of selecting a file, right-click, hover on Send To, and then select the Zip option to compress the file. However, there isn't an option for using the Zip function. It is missing.
    I then used File Explorer and found the Zip function on the ribbon, but the function doesn't work. I select the file and click on the Zip icon. Nothing happens, no error message, no file creation, nada.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem would be appreciated...greatly!

SteveC-978, Dec 31, 2020
  4. In WIN 10 the ZIP feature in Explorer does make a .zip file but the size is just a few mbs...

Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

In WIN 10 the ZIP feature in Explorer does make a .zip file but the size is just a few mbs...

1. In WIN 10 the ZIP feature in Explorer does make a .zip file but the size is just a few mbs... - Similar Threads - ZIP feature Explorer

2. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  3. Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Finding Zip *folders* not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders: How do I use Windows Explorer's search feature to find Zip folders not the zip/compressed files within Zip folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-finding-zip-folders-not-the/2e838c6d-648c-4b53-99f5-82ee2259eacd
  4. 7-zip will not extract a zipped file

7-zip will not extract a zipped file: Why wont 7-zip extract a zipped file I downloaded ? I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on a new Dell laptop (XPS 15 7590) 176156
  5. Zipped Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...
  6. Win Zip

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win Zip: Everytime I right click and try to open a zipped file, I get a pop up from Win Zip asking me to buy the program. I regularly get this pop up when I start my computer asking me to buy and upgrade. I thought you could unzip files in Windows 10 without buying a separate...
  7. Can't make zip file association

Can't make zip file association: In some magical way that Windows has, my zip files have become associated with Photoshop?????????? I cannot figuer out how to assign a zip association. Though there's a list of probably 50 .z## file types which i have NONE. There is no .zip association which i have many....
  8. Can't make zip file association

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't make zip file association: In some magical way that Windows has, my zip files have become associated with Photoshop?????????? I cannot figuer out how to assign a zip association. Though there's a list of probably 50 .z## file types which i have NONE. There is no .zip association which i have many....
  9. Zip file in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Zip file in File Explorer: Hi I try to open a zip file in "File Explorer/Windows 10" with double click on, but it is no working. I'm trying with right mouse click to “extract all”, and I have got the error: Windows cannot complete the extraction The compressed zipper Folder XXX is invalid any...
  10. Zip files in Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Zip files in Win 10: Does win 10 have it's own zip file extractor programme. For some reason I seem to have aquired 7-zip which i do not remember downloading (and which my Kaspersky internet security 2018 doesn't like due to security problems) So, am I safe to uninstall 7-zip knowing that...