Windows 10: In Win 10: Where're the files lost after I cancelled moving them?

Discus and support In Win 10: Where're the files lost after I cancelled moving them? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "E is part of the hard drive but not a system drive". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by A2016, Oct 31, 2019.

1. A2016 Win User

In Win 10: Where're the files lost after I cancelled moving them?

From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "E is part of the hard drive but not a system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop of my labtop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it.

After that I didn't find many files that were in E. I lost the first alphabetical folders with all its files.

I searched for the files using the file explorer search; but I didn't find any. I searched for them in the whole PC; not only E. They're not in the recycle bin even. I don't have backup for them also.

Where can I find these files? Or I lost them forever?

:)

A2016, Oct 31, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Major defect with WM6 - Cut & Paste, then Cancel resulting in lost files!!

Reproduction steps

IPAQ 214, with WM6 classic, CE OS 5.2.1711 (build 18165.0.5.0)

PC - WinXP Pro, SP2

• Connect ipaq to PC via USB cable.
    • Select mulitiple files from ipaq via Win Explorer on PC
    • Cut and paste files to a folder on PC (by drag & drop whilst holding Shift key)
    • Whilst files are copying, click cancel (on PC dialogue box)
    Expected results

Cut and paste operation ceases, leaving any uncopied files from source (i.e. files should remain on ipaq)

Actual results

Cut and paste operation ceases, and all files are MISSING from source.

Result/impact

I have lost all my data.

Any advice on data recovery?

If anyone has any advice for me regarding how to recover the data I would be very much obliged.

Best regards

Mark

Mark Davies10, Oct 31, 2019
  4. In Win 10: Where're the files lost after I cancelled moving them?

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

In Win 10: Where're the files lost after I cancelled moving them?

1. In Win 10: Where're the files lost after I cancelled moving them? - Similar Threads - Where're files lost

2. I Lost all photos while moving them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lost all photos while moving them.: I just moved all my pictures from the picture file folder to my new SD card disk D, and all the photos are missing or are unable to be opened. I cannot undo actions and don't find them anywhere in the recycling bin. Please help...
  3. Files stay on desktop after I move them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files stay on desktop after I move them: Yesterday I could move a file into another folder and it would vanish from the desktop when it went into the folder. Cool. This is the way it has done since I first used a computer 30 years ago. Now, it stays on the desk top and I have to delete it separately. This is...
  4. In Win 10: Where're the files lost after I cancelled moving them?

In Win 10: Where're the files lost after I cancelled moving them?: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "E is part of the hard drive but not a system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop of my labtop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the...
  5. In Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?

In Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it. After that I didn't...
  6. In Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it. After that I didn't...
  7. Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it. After that I didn't...
  8. Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.

Where the "cancelled move" files go? in Win 10.: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it. After that I didn't...
  9. Files lost after moving

Files lost after moving: i got a new computer and while moving files from the old computer, all the files were lost. Just empty folders and the files are on neither computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!...
  10. Lost files after win 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files after win 10 update.: I recently lost ALL my files after another Windows update,, I had noticed a little while back that my shortcuts were not working... and that for some reason all my files were in a directory called Windows.old.. I was trying to work out how they were there,, and then now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. moving file cancelled and its lost

2. my files are gone cancelled move windows 1p