Windows 10: In Win10 Pro how do I delete files in the "System Volume Information" folder

Discus and support In Win10 Pro how do I delete files in the "System Volume Information" folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Win10 Pro how do I delete files in the "System Volume Information" folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hitchin32, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Hitchin32 Win User

In Win10 Pro how do I delete files in the "System Volume Information" folder

:)

Hitchin32, Jun 2, 2021

2. Removing errant files in the "System Volume Information" folder under Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to first stop Volume Shadow Copy service and try to remove the files and check. Follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Stop Volume Shadow Copy service

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.

• Type services.msc.

• Search for Volume Shadow Copy service.

• Right click on it and select
      Stop.
    Now, take ownership of the System volume Information folder and then try to delete its contents.

Step 2: File permissions.

• Right click on System volume Information folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Select the user name.
    • Click on Edit button.
    • Under permission to Authenticated user, check on full control.
    • Click on Apply and OK button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know the status of the issue. If you need further assistance, get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 2, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

1. In Win10 Pro how do I delete files in the "System Volume Information" folder - Similar Threads - Win10 Pro delete

2. SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to restore my system to a previous restore point recently but this failed IDK why but no problem, my problem was fixed..But I found that the C drive became filled with 20 GB out of nowhere... After searching in this problem I found that a...
  3. SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to restore my system to a previous restore point recently but this failed IDK why but no problem, my problem was fixed..But I found that the C drive became filled with 20 GB out of nowhere... After searching in this problem I found that a...
  4. SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting Folder Containing Copy of System Volume Information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Folder Containing Copy of System Volume Information: How do I delete a folder containing a copy of a System Volume Information folder? I copied a entire volume F: to a folder F_Cakewalk_Projects on another volume H:. H: also contains the local OneDrive folder. I then tried to delete the copy. Everything was deleted except the...
  6. Files stuck in 'System Volume Information' folder. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files stuck in 'System Volume Information' folder. Please help!: I have no idea how to get them out. Once they are in they are stuck. Please help! submitted by /u/rocklite [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/juijif/files_stuck_in_system_volume_information_folder/
  7. delete System Volume Information

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    delete System Volume Information: I cannot find the original post so excuse this new post. On April 29 jumanji showed a simple way to delete the C:\System Volume Information with WinRAR (illustrated below). Before I do this, I want to be sure it's ok. So I have 3 simple questions and 1 other one. My...
  8. System Volume Information folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    System Volume Information folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]What is the System Volume Information folder in Windows 10? Is it consuming huge disk space on your system and is the size growing large? We will try to answer these questions in this post and also discuss if you [...] This post System Volume Information...
  9. How do I delete files on system volume information?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete files on system volume information?: [img] I have about 58GB unneeded data trapped in "system volume information>file protector" and im not able to delete it. Things I have tried so far: 1. deleting every system restore and even turning it off. 2. Disabled acronis data protection and even uninstalled it. and a...
  10. System volume information folder questions

in Windows 10 Support
    System volume information folder questions: First question, the winre.wim file is at 96% fragmented and I cannot defrag the system information folder. How can I get that fragmented file to defrag? Second question, I have unchecked the hidden system folder so I can try and delete the system volume folder, which...