Windows 10: in windows 10 "access denied" error

Discus and support in windows 10 "access denied" error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10 I cannot save files to the root c:\ even though I am the administrator. It is a new computer, but a floor model. when I first fired it up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by snakehead66, Feb 2, 2019.

1. in windows 10 "access denied" error

In Windows 10 I cannot save files to the root c:\ even though I am the administrator. It is a new computer, but a floor model. when I first fired it up I copied a flash drive straight to the root directory C:\. no prob but when I try to save a file in word or anything else I get the error message, "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission.". I am the Administrator, but I still can't save to the c drive. I have to go to c:\user\myname.... I am the admin and have gone through permissions. I must have missed something. please help!!! thanks

:)

snakehead66, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Radney Dri, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Error Access Denied while acessing the folders from User> AppData folders on Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with access files and folders.

Do let us know the complete error code/ error message of this issue?

As you have tried with providing the permissions to each folder and issue persists after the restart, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to disable the third party anti-virus software if installed any and check.

Step 2: As, as a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account and check if this issue persists.

Steps to enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
       4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article with 3-diffrent issues related to accessing the files and folders and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 2, 2019
  4. in windows 10 "access denied" error

Access denied error in Windows 10

Original title: Lost Drive

Everything listed I have done & error Access denied. Why it's my stuff.

JIMHELENE Kruppa, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

in windows 10 "access denied" error

1. in windows 10 "access denied" error - Similar Threads - access denied error

2. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denies error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  3. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denies error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  4. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Access is Denied Error 80070005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Access is Denied Error 80070005: I have a user getting the error code: 80070005 when attempting to log into the Outlook and Teams applications. Additional error information: "Something went wrong We couldn't sign you in,. If this error persists, contact your system administrator and provide the error...
  6. Error Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error Access Denied: I opened my computer to see my discord just grey and tried to end it and it didn't work. I then went into task manager and it still didn't work saying access denied. I didn't know what to do so i opened discord again and it worked fine but the other one was still there. It...
  7. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access denied error: After getting Windows update notification I update Windows 10, when updates complete I facing issue my hard drive D : hard disk partition access denied error, my all data this partition, C : windows partition is working, Kindly support me to fix this issue and I get my all...
  8. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  9. Error 5: Access is Denied in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 5: Access is Denied in Windows 10: Hi, I've tried the way mentionned in the above article but still get to the UAC box and there's no YES box. Tried right clicking the CMD prompt "Run As Administrater" but once again goes to the UAC box with no way to say YES. Has anyone come up with a solution to deal with...
  10. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied error: I was playing around with the security tab in properties menu in a folder. I removed a couple of users's access in there. But I didn't remove the administrator's access. after applying, I lost my access to the whole drive. I tried to add the removed users's accesses to that...