Windows 10: In windows 10 all of my files in download folder have disappeared & file history is turned...

Discus and support In windows 10 all of my files in download folder have disappeared & file history is turned... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; About 3 days ago, I had problems with my Windows 10 key (it stopped working) and I thought I'd update the program and then noticed that all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by deebee67, Feb 14, 2019.

1. deebee67 Win User

In windows 10 all of my files in download folder have disappeared & file history is turned...

About 3 days ago, I had problems with my Windows 10 key (it stopped working) and I thought I'd update the program and then noticed that all of the files that had been downloaded prior to Feb 9th (going back years) were now not in the download folder or C drive. When I went to file history & backup, the system says file history is turned off & there are no usable drives found. When I try to choose another drive, I get an error msg that the drive can't be added. So I need help with finding out how to fix the file history issue or how to find where all of my downloaded files have disappeared. I lost a lot of important files that I really need to find. I'm a grad school student and many of my saved papers have gone missing. Like I said, all downloaded files going back to 2017 are now reachable. Can anybody advise me?

:)

deebee67, Feb 14, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Turn on File History in Windows 10

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you turn off File history then add the drive again.

To turn off File History, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start​ button, select Settings.
      Click Update & security.
    • Choose Backupand click More options.
    • See advanced settings, then click the Turn off button.
    Restart the system then turn back on File History and add the drive.

If the issue persist, run the System File Checker tool. System File Checker
    scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To run this tool, please refer to this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Feb 14, 2019
  4. TiredofFH Win User

In windows 10 all of my files in download folder have disappeared & file history is turned...

Turn on File History in Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions.

The turn off button was greyed out and was unresponsive.

I had been advised to run the system file checker several time and found no problems.

In the meantime my machine has been returned to the suppler for a factory reset and is working again.

TiredofFH, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. In windows 10 all of my files in download folder have disappeared & file history is turned... - Similar Threads - files download folder

2. File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?: Why doesn't File History show all my folders? To find my backed up file I followed the suggested path: Settings / Restore files from a current backup / One Drive etc.But only about two thirds of my One Drive folders were available.Eventually I tracked down the folder that I...
  3. File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?: Why doesn't File History show all my folders? To find my backed up file I followed the suggested path: Settings / Restore files from a current backup / One Drive etc.But only about two thirds of my One Drive folders were available.Eventually I tracked down the folder that I...
  4. File History in Windows 10. Why doesn't File History show all my folders?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. All my files have disappeared!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my files have disappeared!: I upgraded to Microsoft 365 Business Premium on Windows 11, and somewhere along the lines all my files have disappeared! Some folders remain also with folders inside but all the files are gone! They're not in the Cloud, I have not deleted or moved them, and by default I...
  6. All my files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my files have disappeared: I turned on my computer, Windows 11 and all of my folders/files are gone. I've tried unhiding everything, checking in my user folder, check my recycling bin etc. Basically all the fixes on every forum I could find. I only have the one user account that I use on my laptop....
  7. All my files have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my files have disappeared: I turned on my computer, Windows 11 and all of my folders/files are gone. I've tried unhiding everything, checking in my user folder, check my recycling bin etc. Basically all the fixes on every forum I could find. I only have the one user account that I use on my laptop....
  8. My files in download folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files in download folder disappeared: I was today downloading a game of the net i was really careful about i had scanned it 10 times with 2 antiviruses and I did everything it was not a virus then later i was scared so just to be sure if its not suspicious i was looking at my folders. All folders were great but...
  9. All my files have disappeared

All my files have disappeared: I turned on my PC this evening and all my saved files and backups have disappeared. Also apps that I have installed have disappeared too. And apps that I have uninstalled have been re - installed. Can someone please tell me how to fix this or what has happened Thank you...
  10. ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared!

ALL Files and Folders in the 'Downloads' SUDDENLY Disappeared!: Hi all, I had 3 years worth of files (thousands of files) in my Downloads folder which have all suddenly disappeared completely (Except for one folder that contains 76 other folders, however their content have also vanished). Unfortunately I don't have any back-ups of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my files have disappeared on windows 10

2. windows 10 all documents disappeared

3. windows 10: all files in downloads folder have vanished