Windows 10: In Windows 10, how do I get around the “The file name(s) would be too long for the...

Discus and support In Windows 10, how do I get around the “The file name(s) would be too long for the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to copy paste a drive into my external hard drive. But I can't copy paste some files due to this error message "The file name(s) would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SHH19, Jul 9, 2020.

1. /u/SHH19 Win User

In Windows 10, how do I get around the “The file name(s) would be too long for the...

I am trying to copy paste a drive into my external hard drive. But I can't copy paste some files due to this error message "The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder”! I use Windows 10 latest build. Is there any way to fix this problem?

submitted by /u/SHH19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SHH19, Jul 9, 2020

2. Win 10 Home - File Name would be too long

Laptop is LenovoYoga - Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

I am transferring files from a WD My Passport External Hard Drive.

When I go to transfer a folder from the external hard drive to Windows 10, I get error:

"The File name(s) would be too long for the destination folder. You can shorten the file name and try again.

Ive tried:

Making changes to registry to setting

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control/FileSystem/LongPathsEnabled =1

reboot

Making changes to gpedit.msc

Enable Win32 long paths (Since it does not have the NTFS option)

reboo

Even still i get the error above..need some help?

I don't want 3rd party controls. I need a fix that I can apply now.

David-SRCA, Jul 9, 2020
  3. File name too long

I run Win10:

In Windows 10, how do I get around the “The file name(s) would be too long for the... [​IMG]

And a browser save on the HDD disk, with filename counting 255 letters. And I cannot rename it, move it, or delete it. And I have enabled in the group policy Win32 long file names: Enable or Disable Win32 Long Paths in Windows 10

How can I get rid of it ?

Regards,
    Flaviu.

mesajflaviu, Jul 9, 2020
  4. In Windows 10, how do I get around the “The file name(s) would be too long for the...

File Name Path is too long

How do I delete a file whose path name is too long for Windows Explorer to process?

KenjiShimono, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

In Windows 10, how do I get around the “The file name(s) would be too long for the...

1. In Windows 10, how do I get around the “The file name(s) would be too long for the... - Similar Threads - around “The file

2. File name too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File name too long: I still have an issue with the error "the file name is too long", although it is not. Ihave changed the value in the longpathsenable Keyloccalmachine using registry editor, restarted and same issue !Please advise !...
  3. File name too long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File name too long: I still have an issue with the error "the file name is too long", although it is not. Ihave changed the value in the longpathsenable Keyloccalmachine using registry editor, restarted and same issue !Please advise !...
  4. How do I get around the dreaded "Path Length Too Long" error?

How do I get around the dreaded "Path Length Too Long" error?: In my case I'm trying to unzip a file resident on my D:drive. I get the error. I've enabled the Longfilername bit using regedit and GPedit. Still no help. I CAN do a clean unzip on the C: drive root, that does work. I've tried coping the unzipped files to the D:drive but then...
  5. How do I get around the dreaded "Path Length Too Long" error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get around the dreaded "Path Length Too Long" error?: In my case I'm trying to unzip a file resident on my D:drive. I get the error. I've enabled the Longfilername bit using regedit and GPedit. Still no help. I CAN do a clean unzip on the C: drive root, that does work. I've tried coping the unzipped files to the D:drive but then...
  6. Get-SmbServerConfiguration: The file name is too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get-SmbServerConfiguration: The file name is too long: Every time in PowerShell I run the Get-SmbServerConfiguration utility I am unable to get any good results as PowerShell puts up a "file name is too long" error. Curiously this doesn't happen when I run Get-SmbServerNetworkInterface, for example, even though that command is...
  7. Get-SmbServerConfiguration: The file name is too long

Get-SmbServerConfiguration: The file name is too long: Every time in PowerShell I run the Get-SmbServerConfiguration utility I am unable to get any good results as PowerShell puts up a "file name is too long" error. Curiously this doesn't happen when I run Get-SmbServerNetworkInterface, for example, even though that command is...
  8. Delete files with [TOO] long file names .......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete files with [TOO] long file names .......: The only post I could find was one from this forum from AUGUST 23, 2017 WINDOWS 7/64, but not Windows 10. That dealt with my problem: DELETING FILES WITH NAMES TOO LONG.The instructions said to: Hi, Windows uses a naming convention called Long Filenames LFN. The LFN system...
  9. File name too long

in Windows 10 Support
    File name too long: I run Win10: [img] And a browser save on the HDD disk, with filename counting 255 letters. And I cannot rename it, move it, or delete it. And I have enabled in the group policy Win32 long file names: Enable or Disable Win32 Long Paths in Windows 10 How can I get rid of...
  10. file name too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file name too long: how to resolve this issue in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-name-too-long/783521af-d0ec-410b-826e-67a50a90159c"