Windows 10: in windows 10 how do you change drives from c to d my C drive is just for windows?

Discus and support in windows 10 how do you change drives from c to d my C drive is just for windows? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi; I have 2 drives C for windows 10 operating system 118 gig ssd drive and 1t for everything else. How do you change the C drive to my D drive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arnoldsacks, Dec 5, 2018.

1. in windows 10 how do you change drives from c to d my C drive is just for windows?

Hi;

I have 2 drives C for windows 10 operating system 118 gig ssd drive and 1t for everything else. How do you change the C drive to my D drive. I need a simple way to do this, and can I change all ready installed programs from c to d drive[ex: iTunes].

I hope someone in the Community can help me with a simple solution.

THANK SO MUCH

Arnold Sacks

:)

Arnoldsacks, Dec 5, 2018

2. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?

Bill Jackson007, Dec 5, 2018
  3. niko084 Win User
    Windows drive labeled ad D: instead of C:

That doesn't work very well, some software/drivers will NOT install to any drive but the C drive because the person who compiled them was an idiot *Smile in windows 10 how do you change drives from c to d my C drive is just for windows? :)

niko084, Dec 5, 2018
  4. in windows 10 how do you change drives from c to d my C drive is just for windows?

Windows drive labeled ad D: instead of C:

Try this:

Change whatever's C to Z... reboot

Change D to C... reboot

Change Z to whatever...

All through disk management. That's how I did it before cos it got my C + D drives mixed up.

oli_ramsay, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

in windows 10 how do you change drives from c to d my C drive is just for windows?

1. in windows 10 how do you change drives from c to d my C drive is just for windows? - Similar Threads - change drives drive

2. Windows folder in c and d drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows folder in c and d drives: I have my windows installed in my c drive but i saw another windows folder on d drive. Can i delete this and how? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-folder-in-c-and-d-drives/c9ab0bb9-8127-40f9-a7d1-46375afa080f
  3. Transfer of memory from 'D' drive to 'C' drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer of memory from 'D' drive to 'C' drive: Can I transfer memory from Mt'D' drive to my 'C' drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-memory-from-d-drive-to-c-drive/f9ad4878-0e61-4b53-8db7-053eaafd61b9
  4. How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?: I have folders with a bunch of pictures and I want to move them to the D drive because there is more space there. How to do that? Also is there a way to set the D drive as the default drive so pictures saved will automatically go there? submitted by /u/jayx468 [link]...
  5. How to move Folders from C drive to D Drive (Windows 10)?

How to move Folders from C drive to D Drive (Windows 10)?: Hi, I am new to windows, have used MacOS since the early 90’s. This is probably a simple question but my C drive 100GB & the D drive is 142GB. The OS has used 43.3 GB, so I would just like to move folders such as documents, music, downloads etc to the larger D drive. Or is it...
  6. Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive

Moving 'System' Drive from C to D Drive: Because my C drive has limited space, Ive been trying to change all settings of storage to my D drive. However, whenever trying to install a new program, it tries to be downloaded on the C drive still as the program requires to be downloaded on the 'system drive'. I also...
  7. C Drive vs. D Drive

C Drive vs. D Drive: Hello--looking for some assistance with designating storage to the D drive on my computer. I have the settings arranged so that all new download content is supposed to go to the D drive--music, etc.--but it is still going to the C drive anyway. Thanks for any help!...
  8. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...
  9. How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage): I have just bought a dell inspiron operating with windows 10. The default settings were to save files to the C drive which was home to apps, general settings etc. I want to be able to save all my files, photos, music etc to the D drive which is 1TB of storage. I have tried...
  10. Windows 10: Unable to change drive D back to C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10: Unable to change drive D back to C: Hi, A PC tech change by mistake the windows drive C to D. The computer can naturally not boot to Windows any more. Using both the internal Win maintenance (as admin), or the regedit or external Mini XP I can change back the drives, but it does not persist, and always...