Windows 10: In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton

Discus and support In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got a software which create OBJ animation and also got some older objects in 3DS. But could not view the thumbnail of them. Though in computer I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ari94, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Ari94 Win User

In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton

I got a software which create OBJ animation and also got some older objects in 3DS. But could not view the thumbnail of them. Though in computer I do got MS Power toys preview installed.Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.Thank you

:)

Ari94, Jun 4, 2023

2. 3D Builder Export to obj with colors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if OBJ file is exported correctly or the file is corrupt.

3D Builder can view, capture, personalize, and print 3D models using 3D Builder. Download many kinds of 3D files and edit them using the 3D modeling space. Take a picture with your webcam and make it 3D. Personalize 3D files by embossing your name, or combine
    models and pieces to make something new.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Have you created another 3D format files through 3D Builder app and checked in another 3D modelling program?
    • When you say that "but the OBJ generated does not seem to contain texture/color information", by which app or applications have you tried to open the OBJ 3D file?

I suggest you export the 3D file to another file other than OBJ file. Check if the texture and picture is visible or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 4, 2023
  3. LorenzRA Win User
    saving a repaired obj file in 3D builder

When I open an obj file in 3D builder it (always) gives me a warning message that the object is falsely defined. After running the automatic repair, the object appears to be fine. When I then save it and re-open the obj file, it is again displayed as being
    falsely defined and needs to be repaired. How can I save a repaired file and keep it repaired?

LorenzRA, Jun 4, 2023
  4. In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton

Exporting OBJ files using 3D Builder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query regarding exporting the OBJ files using 3D Builder.

I have researched on the issue and tried exporting couple of models in OBJ format, and found that currently the option to accept the prompts automatically for MTL and PNG files, after selecting the location to export the OBJ file.

I commend you for bringing this to our notice, as it can be useful for other users as well who export OBJ files using 3D Builder app. Hence, I would suggest you to provide your valuable feedback regarding the same on
    Feedback Hub app so
    our engineering team can look into this for you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton

1. In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton - Similar Threads - view thumbnail 3DS

2. In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton: I got a software which create OBJ animation and also got some older objects in 3DS. But could not view the thumbnail of them. Though in computer I do got MS Power toys preview installed.Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.Thank you...
  3. In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In WIndows 10 how to view thumbnail of 3DS objects and OBJ animaiton: I got a software which create OBJ animation and also got some older objects in 3DS. But could not view the thumbnail of them. Though in computer I do got MS Power toys preview installed.Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.Thank you...
  4. how to activate thumbnail in details view?

how to activate thumbnail in details view?: Have a nice day all,I want to activate/enable to show thumbnail of ".ico" and ".png" files in details view. But I couldnt find any guide.In red area Extra large icons, Large icons, Medium icons, Small icons, Tiles, Content it show the thumbnails, but in yellow area List,...
  5. how to activate thumbnail in details view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to activate thumbnail in details view?: Have a nice day all,I want to activate/enable to show thumbnail of ".ico" and ".png" files in details view. But I couldnt find any guide.In red area Extra large icons, Large icons, Medium icons, Small icons, Tiles, Content it show the thumbnails, but in yellow area List,...
  6. how to activate thumbnail in details view?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Thumbnail View

Thumbnail View: What happened to Thumbnail view of Office 365 documents in Windows 10? All my thumbnails have disappeared except for pictures and videos. This is very annoying! How do I get them all back?...
  8. Thumbnail view in Windows 10 Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail view in Windows 10 Explorer?: Hello, I would very much like to see my files in Winwows Explorer in a thumbnail view instead of the PDF/Word symbol. This works for images and Open Document documents and is displayed to me, but not for Word and PDF files. In Word I have set that the thumbnails are...
  9. view thumbnails

view thumbnails: Good day I have tried all the usual fixes for this problem clicking the check marks in view , making sure I am in lg or ex lg view. still only can get the photo app icon to view. this is in all my photo folders Peter...
  10. Icon/thumbnail views

Icon/thumbnail views: I have many folders that are Adobe Ill, Adobe Photoshop and Flexi with big files. I want to change the default view for my pictures folder including its sub folders, but not every folder because it slows it way down trying to come up with a icon for these big files. Not sure...