Windows 10: In Windows 10 Mail app, is it possible to remove the DATE separations on the Message List?

Discus and support In Windows 10 Mail app, is it possible to remove the DATE separations on the Message List? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I mean the "Today", "Yesterday", "Friday, September 7, 2018", and so on... The date is already present in the 3rd sort column. I find this separation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BananaFrappe, Sep 9, 2018.

1. In Windows 10 Mail app, is it possible to remove the DATE separations on the Message List?

I mean the "Today", "Yesterday", "Friday, September 7, 2018", and so on...

The date is already present in the 3rd sort column. I find this separation really annoying and I've been through Settings and can't seem to find a way to just list the messages straight without the "Today" or "Yesterday" groupings. I liked the Focused/Other groupings, and groupings based on message replies, but that Today/Yesterday jazz really grinds my gears.

Please tell me that there is a fix and that this is not another one of the stupid Microsoft things where they tell me what I should like.

:)

BananaFrappe, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Berton Win User
    Is it possible to ungroup message "conversations" ?

I'm not sure but it may be like Windows Live Mail in which one can click the Date at the top of the message list then an icon will show in one of the ribbon choices. Clicking the Conversations will allow turning it off. I don't have WLM installed but look in the various tabs for it, might be in View.

Berton, Sep 9, 2018
  4. In Windows 10 Mail app, is it possible to remove the DATE separations on the Message List?

Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

In Windows 10 Mail app, is it possible to remove the DATE separations on the Message List?

1. In Windows 10 Mail app, is it possible to remove the DATE separations on the Message List? - Similar Threads - Mail app possible

2. Remove names from Mail app's auto-correct list Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove names from Mail app's auto-correct list Windows 10: Exactly how do I delete entries from the Windows 10 Mail app's auto-correct list? I have a bunch of bad entries that are causing confusion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-names-from-mail-apps-auto-correct-list/44546bf3-2fdf-4b56-87b2-d910458559b0
  3. Remove names from Mail app's auto-correct list Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove names from Mail app's auto-correct list Windows 10: Exactly how do I delete entries from the Windows 10 Mail app's auto-correct list? I have a bunch of bad entries that are causing confusion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-names-from-mail-apps-auto-correct-list/44546bf3-2fdf-4b56-87b2-d910458559b0
  4. List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app

List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app: I can not find any way to get to a list of contacts in the mail app. I know it collects a list of all people who send me emails, because when I start to type a name in a new email, it automatically comes up with the complete name and address. How can I edit this list or add...
  5. List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app: I can not find any way to get to a list of contacts in the mail app. I know it collects a list of all people who send me emails, because when I start to type a name in a new email, it automatically comes up with the complete name and address. How can I edit this list or add...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App Keeps Clearing and Re-Syncing Message List ActiveSync

Windows 10 Mail App Keeps Clearing and Re-Syncing Message List ActiveSync: I have multiple clients in my network that are using the Windows 10 Mail App to sync with Exchange using ActiveSync. One user is experiencing an issue where their messages will disappear and re-populate every time the mail app syncs. This renders the app unusable because it...
  7. windows 10 mail date on mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 mail date on mail: I continually get mail dated in the future. The current mail should show Thursday April 25 2019 but shows Saturday December 26 2037. how can this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-date-on-mail/60d2a027-3c72-49a8-ab21-ea6dca22bee9
  8. In Windows 10 Mail app, is it possible to remove the DATE separations on the Message List?

In Windows 10 Mail app, is it possible to remove the DATE separations on the Message List?: I mean the "Today", "Yesterday", "Friday, September 7, 2018", and so on... The date is already present in the 3rd sort column. I find this separation really annoying and I've been through Settings and can't seem to find a way to just list the messages straight without the...
  9. Is it possible to remove the Search shortcut from the 'All apps' list?

Is it possible to remove the Search shortcut from the 'All apps' list?: Hi, Is it possible to remove the Search shortcut from the 'All apps' list? I disabled Cortana by renaming the folder and clicking it does nothing so no point in keeping it. I've also disabled the Search service. I've kept Calc, Contact, Maps, Edge, Settings & Store, rest...
  10. Hide or Show Attached Images in Message List of Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Attached Images in Message List of Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Hide or Show Attached Images in Message List of Windows 10 Mail app Hide or Show Preview of Attached Images in Message List of Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule...