Windows 10: In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"...

Discus and support In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To" field, two or more contact options pop-up. Besides the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Frost King, Mar 17, 2019.

1. In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"...

In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To" field, two or more contact options pop-up. Besides the correct contact, I often get one or more names that are totally wrong - i.e. these names are not any of my contacts from my Outlook People app nor from my Yahoo People app. I've never used these contacts, I have no idea where these are coming from.

Any idea where these weird contacts could be coming from?

Your time and effort will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards, Steen

In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"... 1e9bf507-0c7b-43a9-8f4a-f28d4ad91290?upload=true.png

:)

Frost King, Mar 17, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Bastet Win User
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"... :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Mar 17, 2019
  4. In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"...

Old Contacts and Email Addresses Appearing in Windows 10 Mail

In windows 10 People, I have a list of 42 current contacts.

When I start a new email in Windows 10 Mail and type a letter so the program can list my current contacts, the program gives me an extended list of current and old email contacts names and email addresses. Where is this extended list? How do I edit it
    and delete the old contact names and addresses?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

AllanBeason, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"...

1. In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"... - Similar Threads - Mail often starting

2. Windows 10 mail showing contact email NOT in my contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mail showing contact email NOT in my contacts: When I try to send an email to a contacts, an address comes up that is NOT in my contacts. How do I deal with this? This is the correct email that is in the contacts. When I start an email I get three emails for this contact. There are two bad emails including the one that is...
  3. Windows 10 mail showing contact email NOT in my contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail showing contact email NOT in my contacts: When I try to send an email to a contacts, an address comes up that is NOT in my contacts. How do I deal with this? This is the correct email that is in the contacts. When I start an email I get three emails for this contact. There are two bad emails including the one that is...
  4. In Win10 Mail...How do I add, edit or delete email contacts that appear when I start typing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Win10 Mail...How do I add, edit or delete email contacts that appear when I start typing...: Many mail contacts which pop up are obsolete or inaccurate, or not in list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win10-mailhow-do-i-add-edit-or-delete-email/1ba4b3c4-089f-4f55-a1b2-2ba83fc480a4
  5. In Win10 Mail...How do I add, edit or delete email contacts that appear when I start typing...

In Win10 Mail...How do I add, edit or delete email contacts that appear when I start typing...: Many mail contacts which pop up are obsolete or inaccurate, or not in list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win10-mailhow-do-i-add-edit-or-delete-email/1ba4b3c4-089f-4f55-a1b2-2ba83fc480a4
  6. Mail within Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Mail within Windows 10: I use the in-built email within Windows 10 and am constantly getting a message telling me to update my credentials for my @gmail account. I am using Windows 10 version 1903 - Build 18362.720 This is driving me crackers, can someone tell me how I can stop this from appearing...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app contacts - Other email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail app contacts - Other email: While trying to share a file I noticed there is a BOT contact in my computer - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. This is obviously NOT MINE and has somehow been dropped into my machine. So I want to delete this contact and I have found other garbage contacts...
  8. Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail: I have contacts that I need to delete from the People App but can’t figure out how to delete or edit these contacts. In the People App I have tried right clicking on the contact but the “delete” option is greyed out. I tried selecting the contact but there is no delete option...
  9. Contact names not displaying when sending emails

Contact names not displaying when sending emails: When I save a contact name, it doesn't display when I send an email to them. Rather, it just displays their email address as the "Name". Other contacts seem to work, but I have one or two that seem to persist in not showing up when I send emails to them. But, when I look...
  10. Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email

Not getting the contact names in Windows Mail app while composing Email: I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one. This has to be People app related, right?...