Windows 10: In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"...

Discus and support In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To" field, two or more contact options pop-up. Besides the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Frost King, Mar 17, 2019 at 10:27 AM.

1. In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"...

In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To" field, two or more contact options pop-up. Besides the correct contact, I often get one or more names that are totally wrong - i.e. these names are not any of my contacts from my Outlook People app nor from my Yahoo People app. I've never used these contacts, I have no idea where these are coming from.

Any idea where these weird contacts could be coming from?

Your time and effort will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards, Steen

In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"... 1e9bf507-0c7b-43a9-8f4a-f28d4ad91290?upload=true.png

:)

2. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

3. Bastet Win User
    Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"... :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

4. In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"...

Old Contacts and Email Addresses Appearing in Windows 10 Mail

In windows 10 People, I have a list of 42 current contacts.

When I start a new email in Windows 10 Mail and type a letter so the program can list my current contacts, the program gives me an extended list of current and old email contacts names and email addresses. Where is this extended list? How do I edit it
    and delete the old contact names and addresses?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Thema:

In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"...

1. In Windows 10 Mail often when starting to type a contact's name within the email's "To"... - Similar Threads - Mail often starting

2. Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail: I'm trying to import email contacts from Thunderbird into Outlook and thereby be available in Windows 10 Mail. However all the email addresses were not filled into the proper field - i.e. the email address field. Instead they were filled into the "Contact Imported" field. I...
  3. Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Support
    Email contacts not imported correctly for use in Windows 10 Mail: I'm trying to import email contacts from Thunderbird into Outlook and thereby be available in Windows 10 Mail. However all the email addresses were not filled into the proper field - i.e. the email address field. Instead they were filled into the "Contact Imported" field. I...
  4. deleting auto fill email names in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting auto fill email names in windows 10 mail: I know there has been a lot on this subject with the outcome being something along the lines of "you cannot delete or amend email names in Mail". I just want to say firstly, is there an answer now to this big programming fault and secondly, why I think it ought to be fixed....
  5. email contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    email contacts: transfer contacts from windows live to outlook have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-contacts/c27b5e70-b804-429e-905e-1af2724bbbba
  6. Windows 10 mail contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail contacts: How do I delete/edit contacts stored in Windows 10 mail. They are different to those in my People https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-contacts/7dd5ad8f-036d-4fb4-8a71-905d120ab48c"
  7. Windows 10 mail contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail contacts: I am trying to change my list of contacts in Windows 10 mail to those from another computer. I made a csv file of the new ones and imported that in to Outlook .com. My People app and Contacts folder now contain the desired new ones. However in Widows 10 mail when trying to...
  8. Windows 10 Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail Contacts: How do I delete a contact in Windows 10 mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-mail-contacts/0e514654-705e-4aa8-be25-5eb04b782bdb
  9. Extract emails and contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Extract emails and contacts from Windows 10 Mail App: Hello, I recently discovered that there is no backup or mail export feature in the Windows 10 Mail app. I need this capability so I intend to move to another email client (probably Thunderbird). I have two accounts in the W10 mail app, one Gmail and one POP3 account. The...
  10. Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts in Windows 10 mail In: In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft folders.Is there any way I can add these to my mail account?. 36552