Windows 10: In Windows 10 my laptop automatically gets turn off after randomly.

Discus and support In Windows 10 my laptop automatically gets turn off after randomly. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have dual boot system on my laptop. My laptop works fine with CentOS 7 but when I use Windows 10 it gets turn off automatically and randomly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ANKIT MISHRA ankit.mishra, Nov 2, 2020.

1. In Windows 10 my laptop automatically gets turn off after randomly.

I have dual boot system on my laptop. My laptop works fine with CentOS 7 but when I use Windows 10 it gets turn off automatically and randomly, previously this was not the case. I guess if this is due to any new updates from Windows 10?

How to fix it?

:)

ANKIT MISHRA ankit.mishra, Nov 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Nov 2, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

In Windows 10 my laptop automatically gets turn off after randomly.

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

In Windows 10 my laptop automatically gets turn off after randomly.

1. In Windows 10 my laptop automatically gets turn off after randomly. - Similar Threads - laptop automatically gets

2. Laptop is turning off automatically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop is turning off automatically.: Yesterday night when I shut down my laptop it started to update , I left it to get updated overnight. This morning when I try to turn it on , it turns off automatically.It will turn off just after booting and sometimes it will sucessfuly boot and after 5-10 seconds turn off...
  3. Laptop is turning off automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is turning off automatically.: Yesterday night when I shut down my laptop it started to update , I left it to get updated overnight. This morning when I try to turn it on , it turns off automatically.It will turn off just after booting and sometimes it will sucessfuly boot and after 5-10 seconds turn off...
  4. Laptop is turning off automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off randomly: Hello my laptop is randomly turning off and when i try to start it LEDs light up then second later turns off i don't know what is the issue . Laptop is not overheating I cleaned it and new thermal paste i can't open windows at all...
  6. Laptop turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns off randomly: Hello my laptop is randomly turning off and when i try to start it LEDs light up then second later turns off i don't know what is the issue . Laptop is not overheating I cleaned it and new thermal paste i can't open windows at all...
  7. Laptop turns off randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. my laptop turns off automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop turns off automatically: sir, I am using my new laptop of windows 10 and it get turn off after using 1 hour. sir this is an big issue. i am waiting for your respond....... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-off-automatically/b74dd9d8-d6f2-416d-aea4-53f334bf36de
  9. Laptop randomly turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly turns off: Hi there, I own a HP 2012 G6 Pavilion Notebook PC. It is running Windows 10 Pro, and has 12GB RAM and runs on an Intel i5-2430M. It runs pretty fast, but at times, the fan becomes loud, and it just turns off. No system message when I turn it back on, and nothing from...
  10. Automatically turn off laptop after finishing mainenance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically turn off laptop after finishing mainenance: I want to make a task schedule to turn off my laptop after Maintenance in Security and Maintenance in Control Panel finished. Someone can guide me, please....