Windows 10: In windows 10 my mouse will not move while I type.

Discus and support In windows 10 my mouse will not move while I type. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay so I had this problem in windows 8.1 but fixed it by turning off smart sense which still has the same function in windows 10 but it did not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joe2506, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Joe2506 Win User

In windows 10 my mouse will not move while I type.

Okay so I had this problem in windows 8.1 but fixed it by turning off smart sense which still has the same function in windows 10 but it did not work. I am looking so find solutions online because this problem is really annoying when it comes to games.. So if you have any suggestions please help!

:)

Joe2506, Jul 31, 2015
  2. AKA_Beest Win User

Can't move my mouse while typing

I have recently bought a windows 10 computer and whenever I try to type and move my mouse it doesn't let me. I have tried every possible solution (adding something with notepad, changed the setting, etc) and none of them have worked. I would like to know
    if there is any solution to this problem.

AKA_Beest, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Can't move my mouse while typing

Press Windows key + X

Click Control Panel

Click Mouse

Click Point Options

Uncheck Hide pointer while typing

Click Apply then OK

Andre Da Costa, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Nemix Win User

Do you know which touchpad hardware you have, example: Synaptics, Elantech, etc...?

Nemix, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Joe2506 Win User
    Yes I use synaptics.

Joe2506, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Nemix Win User
    Nemix, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Joe2506 Win User
    When I am trying to set it all up it says synaptics device not found?

Joe2506, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Nemix Win User

Perhaps maybe your Touchpad hardware is not Synaptics, what's the brand and model of your laptop?

Nemix, Jul 31, 2015
  9. Joe2506 Win User
    HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p100dx (ENERGY STAR)

Model #: J9H84UA

Joe2506, Jul 31, 2015
  10. Nemix Win User
    Nemix, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Joe2506 Win User
    Joe2506, Jul 31, 2015
  12. Squid Win User
    I have had the same problem once updating my dell laptop to windows 10 with the touchpad synaptics driver. I have fixed the issue through control panel > mouse > settings on driver > pointing > sensitivity > touch check > reducing the slider to a minimum setting. It is an annoying fix but i guess it will have to do until related bugs are ironed out.

Squid, Aug 1, 2015
  13. Joe2506 Win User

Still no luck.. No idea on what to do now

Joe2506, Aug 2, 2015
  14. krtek6 Win User
    Ok, after hours of searching the internet I finally found a solution that worked.
    Hit windows key+R, type "regedit" inside of it expand these folders: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > PrecisionTouchPad
    After clicking on the "PrecisionTouchPad" folder search for "AAPThreshold" on the right part of the window and double click it or right click it and click modify. Change the value from whatever it is (probably 2) to 0 and click OK. Restart you computer and it should work.
    I guess that settings for synaptics touchpad are different in windows 10 from previous versions in a way that when you set smart sense to "min" it's still works but with a very small sensitivity (the value being 2 insted of 0, like it was in win 7/8). F*uck win 10 bugs and unnecesary changes xD

krtek6, Nov 12, 2015
  15. I have a Synaptics ClickPad V7.2 on a PS/2 port and i cant find settings on driver. Is it is the Synaptics settings then i cant find pointing or sensitivity. please help cant play any of my steam games ind its pissing me off *Sad
    Also when i went into registry editor it was already set to 0 so thats not gonna work.

FlamingIce151, Dec 19, 2015
Thema:

1. In windows 10 my mouse will not move while I type. - Similar Threads - mouse move while

2. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing: I have looked and a few videos but none of them seem to help they say turn off smart sense or palm check however I cant access those as shown in the screenshot, I would very much appreciate if if someone could help me....
  3. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing: I have looked and a few videos but none of them seem to help they say turn off smart sense or palm check however I cant access those as shown in the screenshot, I would very much appreciate if if someone could help me....
  4. Cant move mouse/touchpad while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move mouse while typing: I have an Inspiron 5759 by Dell with windows 10 and am unable to move my mouse while typing. The touchpad is labelled as a PS/2 compatible mouse under properties, but has no option to disable smart sense or palm check. I have been unable to find any way to solve this problem...
  6. Can't move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't move mouse while typing: I have an Inspiron 5759 by Dell with windows 10 and am unable to move my mouse while typing. The touchpad is labelled as a PS/2 compatible mouse under properties, but has no option to disable smart sense or palm check. I have been unable to find any way to solve this problem...
  7. Can't move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Can't move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't move mouse while typing: Ok, so I'm on windows 10 on an HP laptop Which I only just got, although I'm familiar with windows 10, and when I hold down a key I can't move the mouse. This seems like the sort of thing you can turn off in settings, but I can't find it. I didn't have this issue on my last...
  9. Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to move touchpad- mouse while typing: Im having issues trying to play games on my windows 10 HP omen laptop. Anytime i press a key theres a delay before i can move the mouse,also, anytime i hold down a key im unable to move the mouse around. please help?...
  10. Move mouse while typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move mouse while typing: So as I type, I cant move my mouse and wonder why? If anyone replies to this please tell me! I'm on a Windows 10 Laptop and need to know these instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-mouse-while-typing/503824ee-95cb-46b1-9f9c-1bbee09f695a