Windows 10: In Windows 10 Pro how can I permanently set the "Power and Sleep" Screen setting to NEVER...

Discus and support In Windows 10 Pro how can I permanently set the "Power and Sleep" Screen setting to NEVER... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For several months now my computer is changing my Screen Power and Sleep value to 15 minutes every time I restart, reboot and power on my computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nervosa68, Mar 27, 2023.

1. nervosa68 Win User

In Windows 10 Pro how can I permanently set the "Power and Sleep" Screen setting to NEVER...

For several months now my computer is changing my Screen Power and Sleep value to 15 minutes every time I restart, reboot and power on my computer. I have endlessly tried fixing windows, ran scans to no avail.I have never changed this computer's registry values BUT I am experienced in changing, backing up and restoring registry files.Please tell me where I can change this setting Screen - When plugged in, turn off after from 15 minutes to NEVER in the registry. Below is the screen shot of the settings that my computer KEEPS defaulting to, which I NEED to change.

:)

nervosa68, Mar 27, 2023
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 Power Settings

Hi Robert,

We recommend you change the Power & sleep settings of your Windows 10 to check if the issue will occur. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose System.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under Screen and Sleep, click the drop-down menu and choose the shortest time setting.
    • Observe if your computer will go into Sleep mode.
    We'll be waiting for the result.

Argel Obm, Mar 27, 2023
  3. Jim8080 Win User
    Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

In Windows 10 Pro how can I permanently set the "Power and Sleep" Screen setting to NEVER... 347450d1633033035t-computer-sleep-option-missing-settings-image.png

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Mar 27, 2023
  4. In Windows 10 Pro how can I permanently set the "Power and Sleep" Screen setting to NEVER...

Screensaver Ignores Power and Sleep Settings

I have had two PCs that are totally ignoring the Screen settings in Power and Sleep. The Screen setting is set to Never, but the screensaver comes on after a minute or so nonetheless.

In one of those PCs, the Sleep setting is being followed. Don't know about the other.

The PCs are custom branded

• Intel DQ35JOE motherboard on the latest BIOS rev
    • Intel Q8200 CPU
    • 4 x 2GB DDR-800 various brands
    • 1 TB HD
    • WiFi card
    • Windows 10 Pro
    System has been tested for 24 hours with Prime95 and no errors are reported.

Ran the Power Troubleshooter and all it did was reset the Screen and Sleep settings to the defaults.

Setting are verified in the Control Panel.

Any ideas?

GreenMenComputers, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

In Windows 10 Pro how can I permanently set the "Power and Sleep" Screen setting to NEVER...

1. In Windows 10 Pro how can I permanently set the "Power and Sleep" Screen setting to NEVER... - Similar Threads - Pro permanently set

2. In Windows 10 Pro how can I permanently set the "Power and Sleep" Screen setting to NEVER...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 10 Pro how can I permanently set the "Power and Sleep" Screen setting to NEVER...: For several months now my computer is changing my Screen Power and Sleep value to 15 minutes every time I restart, reboot and power on my computer. I have endlessly tried fixing windows, ran scans to no avail.I have never changed this computer's registry values BUT I am...
  3. In Windows 10 Pro how can I permanently set the "Power and Sleep" Screen setting to NEVER...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 10 Pro how can I permanently set the "Power and Sleep" Screen setting to NEVER...: For several months now my computer is changing my Screen Power and Sleep value to 15 minutes every time I restart, reboot and power on my computer. I have endlessly tried fixing windows, ran scans to no avail.I have never changed this computer's registry values BUT I am...
  4. Settings>System>Power>Screen and Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings>System>Power>Screen and Sleep: How do I set different screen off and sleep times for plugged in and battery use?When plugged in I want screen off after 15 minutes, sleep after 30 minutesWhen battery is used, I want screen off after 3 minutes, sleep after 10 minutes.The problem: Screen and Sleep settings...
  5. Settings>System>Power>Screen and Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings>System>Power>Screen and Sleep: How do I set different screen off and sleep times for plugged in and battery use?When plugged in I want screen off after 15 minutes, sleep after 30 minutesWhen battery is used, I want screen off after 3 minutes, sleep after 10 minutes.The problem: Screen and Sleep settings...
  6. PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never: My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be causing this? 179941
  7. windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never

windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never: windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shuts-down-despite-power-and-sleep/a08ed333-fbde-4142-a074-300de0b062ab
  8. Windows 10 Power and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Power and sleep settings: I'd like my laptop to act in such a way that I cannot seem to create and was wondering if anyone had a workaround? I would like my laptop to power off after a set amount of time of lid close or inactivity, at the moment only sleep is available which drains the battery...
  9. Sleep and power settings

Sleep and power settings: after last windows up date I have no control over any other settings except for 1 hour for the monitor and 2 hours for the CPU and yes I did save the settings. Please help & thank you ....
  10. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...