Windows 10: In Windows 10, renaming Quick Access folders breaks others being able to access folder -...

Discus and support In Windows 10, renaming Quick Access folders breaks others being able to access folder -... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 7, I could rename a folder in Quick Access and it not affect other users utilizing the folders. In Windows 10, you cannot rename a folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Terry Goodman, Nov 9, 2018.

1. In Windows 10, renaming Quick Access folders breaks others being able to access folder -...

In Windows 7, I could rename a folder in Quick Access and it not affect other users utilizing the folders. In Windows 10, you cannot rename a folder without it affecting others using gaining access. Will this remain the same or are there plans to change this back to Windows 7 rule?

:)

Terry Goodman, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Jodster Win User

The Favorite replacement Quick access in File Explorer doesn't have Rename folder option

We use SharePoint and I frequently will use the feature "Open in Explorer" and would choose the feature "Add current location to favorites" in Windows prior to 10, and then rename the folder to a simple, or shorter name without it actually affecting the
    "real" folder name. However with the new Quick access location, I'm able to pin the folder without a problem, but there is no "rename folder" feature. The only way I can rename the folder is to go to Properties of the folder, but doing that I found out changes
    the "Actual Folder Name." That's not good because it breaks SharePoint folder for others.

Is there any way of renaming a "favorite" in the new Windows 10 Quick access?

Jodster, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Mr Cheese Win User
    Windows 10 - How to Rename Quick Access items

When I pin folder locations to the Quick Access list in Windows 10, I am seeking the option to be able to rename them.

I used to do this in Windows 8 Favorites list. But when I try to do this in Windows 10, I am forced to actually change the name of the actual folder, which I do not want to do.

I am seeking to see if it possible to rename the names on Pinned Quick Access list, like I have done previously with Windows 8 favorties?

Thanks for any comments.

Mr Cheese, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Arzi Win User

In Windows 10, renaming Quick Access folders breaks others being able to access folder -...

Change icon for Quick Access folder rather than renaming

Rather than taking complicated workaround steps to rename a Quick Access folder, which technically is not renaming it, why not just change the folder icon: Browse to the original folder location, right-click, Properties, Customize tab; Change icon, browse to desired icon, OK, Apply, OK twice.

Arzi, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

In Windows 10, renaming Quick Access folders breaks others being able to access folder -...

1. In Windows 10, renaming Quick Access folders breaks others being able to access folder -... - Similar Threads - renaming Quick Access

2. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  3. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  4. Quick access renaming folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access renaming folders: Is it possible to change names of pinned folders WITHOUT changing the Quick access names in Explorer? I used to be able to do this in Win 7 with its Explorer's Favorites.I typically have one handy folder, such as Desktop\New Folder, where I put files which I copy or download....
  5. Quick Access Favorites Folders are being Deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Favorites Folders are being Deleted: Windows 10 21H1Ill play a game, and when i load the game, Windows Will Suddenly DELETE my Favorites Folders... ALL of themwhen i goto the folder C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinationsIts empty, where once i had 15 destinations,...
  6. Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access: I can't seem to pin anything to Quick access .... I get an error message "this docfile has been corrupted". All the folders that were under Quick access are gone. How do I get it back? Thanks, JB * Moved from insider...
  7. How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to rename Quick Access folders in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Quick Access is a handy feature. It not only lists recent folders but also includes some system folders like documents, downloads, pictures and so on. If you ever wanted to rename Quick Access folders, we will guide you [...] This post How to...
  8. Quick Access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access folders: Right now Quick Access will show the real folder name once the folder is added. One might have multiple folders with an identical name but on different locations on the drive, e.g. x:\PDF\MyName x:\XLS\MyName x:\Doc\MyName Is there no way to provide these a kind of...
  9. Quick access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folders: Hi i have noticed that some folder i use have appeared under the quick access list and there does not seem to be a a way of removing them Folders i have added to this list have a small pin on the right and its easy to unpin them but these folder do not have the pin so how...
  10. Quick access folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folder: Hello guys.. When i open something like Downloads or Pictures open automaticaly and the same folders to ''This PC'' How can i disable this ? Thanks [img] 63939