Windows 10: In WIndows 10 some icons are shown as boxes

Discus and support In WIndows 10 some icons are shown as boxes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am facing this in my windows 10 after updating to ver 1909 some of my icons are shown as boxes [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ManasShukla, Jul 30, 2020.

1. In WIndows 10 some icons are shown as boxes

I am facing this in my windows 10 after updating to ver 1909 some of my icons are shown as boxes In WIndows 10 some icons are shown as boxes 5d1fb3ec-51b7-408a-bbbe-8369efc19338?upload=true.jpg

:)

ManasShukla, Jul 30, 2020

2. Some Windows 10 store taskbar Icons are shown incorrectly

The problem sort of started out of nowhere. Its not a big deal but its really annoying. So far its only Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, as you can see, the icon is very small and inside a black box, The desktop Icon shows correctly, as well as the Icon when I search it with cortana, but the start menu also has the incorrect icon.

***UPDATE***
    I just downloaded ProjectSpark for windows 10 and the taskbar Icon For this does the same thing

In WIndows 10 some icons are shown as boxes [​IMG]

OzoneTheGreat, Jul 30, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

In WIndows 10 some icons are shown as boxes

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

In WIndows 10 some icons are shown as boxes

1. In WIndows 10 some icons are shown as boxes - Similar Threads - icons are shown

2. Taskbar icons are not shown?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons are not shown?: For some reason after restarting my computer I cannot raise the brightness or the sound and internet and Bluetooth are not working I tried restarting the laptop many times but it didn't work...
  3. Taskbar icons are not shown?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons are not shown?: For some reason after restarting my computer I cannot raise the brightness or the sound and internet and Bluetooth are not working I tried restarting the laptop many times but it didn't work...
  4. Some desktop icons are small inside boxes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some desktop icons are small inside boxes?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sleepypersona [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/len9in/some_desktop_icons_are_small_inside_boxes/
  5. HP icon shown instead of Windows 10 icon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP icon shown instead of Windows 10 icon: I have a HP Laptop. When I give it windows 10 by booting from media creation tool with USB pen drive, it does't show me windows 10 logo in startup. It show me the Hp logo during openig my laptop or startup. How to change it to the Windows 10 logo by boot again or others...
  6. Search box not shown

in Cortana
    Search box not shown: I have been having problems in which I do not have the option to switch to search box in my Lenovo laptop. I used to have the option to do this but after I just opened my computer this morning, I found that my search box have been switch to search icon and when I tried to...
  7. Windows 10 User Avatar and Password Box Not Shown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 User Avatar and Password Box Not Shown: Good afternoon; I am currently assisting one of my clients with a PC issue that they are having after the Windows 10 1903 Update and I am at the point where a reinstall looks like the better option, but I thought to reach out to the MS Community first. The computer...
  8. Some Windows 10 Icons Showing as Boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Windows 10 Icons Showing as Boxes: from what research i've done, i suspect this might be a font issue, but i have yet to find a solution that works for me. so, some of the Windows icons are showing up as boxes/rectangles/squares. [ATTACH] this is a brand new PC (just bought the parts after my old build...
  9. Network icon not shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network icon not shown: Missing network icon from taskbar. I tried all methods for take back network icon but i unable. Please tell me what I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-icon-not-shown/4fc97438-ae59-430d-8bbd-b707201daeb2
  10. Some Windows 10 store taskbar Icons are shown incorrectly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Windows 10 store taskbar Icons are shown incorrectly: The problem sort of started out of nowhere. Its not a big deal but its really annoying. So far its only Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, as you can see, the icon is very small and inside a black box, The desktop Icon shows correctly, as well as the Icon when I search it with...