Windows 10: In Windows 10 suddenly inundated with pop ups and redirects.

Discus and support In Windows 10 suddenly inundated with pop ups and redirects. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Past month has shown continuous Pop Ups and Redirects. Have all the updates to my Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John Zachary SR, Dec 29, 2019.

1. In Windows 10 suddenly inundated with pop ups and redirects.

Past month has shown continuous Pop Ups and Redirects. Have all the updates to my Windows 10.

:)

John Zachary SR, Dec 29, 2019
  2. RLAR Win User

PDF reDirect and recycle bin pop up issues

Again, it's the little stuff that is annoying. Used to be when I would select PDF reDirect as print option, program would pop up on my screen with item ready to select view. Now I have to open PDF reDirect manually to find doc I want to become a PDF. I swear, tho, the first thing I asked it to print it did pop up. But no longer.

Edit: It appears turning my computer off and back on reset the PDF reDirect to pop up when selected for printer. Yey. Guess that should have occurred to me to try, but with all the little things occurring, figured just another one to endure.

Also, used to be when I opened my recycle bin, the empty icon would appear immediately, but now I have to select it under manage tools. Bin settings should default to where I left them.

Edit: I DID figure out how to get the recycle bin emtpy icon to show atop screen when open. I found an arrow in the upper right corner and selected it, which drops down the menu showing empty icon when opened. And it stays in that position as the default mode. Yey.

All these settings with extra steps since new hard drive recently installed are a pain.

3. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

In Windows 10 suddenly inundated with pop ups and redirects.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

In Windows 10 suddenly inundated with pop ups and redirects.

1. In Windows 10 suddenly inundated with pop ups and redirects. - Similar Threads - suddenly inundated pop

2. Command window pops up suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command window pops up suddenly: It's a month that the command window pops up and disappears only when charging, in Windows 11. I've run antivirus and malware checks, but nothing. Does anyone know what to do?...
  3. Command window pops up suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command window pops up suddenly: It's a month that the command window pops up and disappears only when charging, in Windows 11. I've run antivirus and malware checks, but nothing. Does anyone know what to do?...
  4. system32 cmd suddenly pop up and disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system32 cmd suddenly pop up and disappear: how can i fix that after pc on. for a while is show upsame this videohttps://youtu.be/AUNCvP9yeFw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system32-cmd-suddenly-pop-up-and-disappear/09a47b03-a113-4c4f-baab-72da215f562d
  5. system32 cmd suddenly pop up and disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system32 cmd suddenly pop up and disappear: how can i fix that after pc on. for a while is show upsame this videohttps://youtu.be/AUNCvP9yeFw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system32-cmd-suddenly-pop-up-and-disappear/09a47b03-a113-4c4f-baab-72da215f562d
  6. PDF reDirect and recycle bin pop up issues

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF reDirect and recycle bin pop up issues: Again, it's the little stuff that is annoying. Used to be when I would select PDF reDirect as print option, program would pop up on my screen with item ready to select view. Now I have to open PDF reDirect manually to find doc I want to become a PDF. I swear, tho, the first...
  7. Getting virus from redirect pop up ads?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting virus from redirect pop up ads?: Not sure if right section but just wondering is it possible to get virus/hacked from those redirect ads that often plays music in the background and sometimes prompts you with a login? sometimes when u try to close it by X there will be pop up like "are u sure u are missing...
  8. Getting virus from redirect pop up ads?

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting virus from redirect pop up ads?: Not sure if right section but just wondering is it possible to get virus/hacked from those redirect ads that often plays music in the background and sometimes prompts you with a login? sometimes when u try to close it by X there will be pop up like "are u sure u are missing...
  9. Bodelen.com POP-UP redirect – How to Remove this adware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bodelen.com POP-UP redirect – How to Remove this adware?: Bodelen.com POP-UP redirect – How to Remove this adware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bodelencom-pop-up-redirect-how-to-remove-this/45a26891-b7ce-49e8-b003-d32e598cbbfd
  10. Activate Windows 10 suddenly pops up on the corner of my screen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 suddenly pops up on the corner of my screen: Hello! So I boot up my pc and this program called "kms activator" suddenly launches. Never heard of it and don't know how it got on my pc. It said something about activating windows, but mine was already activated. It looked kinda suspicious so I uninstalled it. So a few...