Windows 10: In Windows 10 the thumbnails on my photos don't work properly

Discus and support In Windows 10 the thumbnails on my photos don't work properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Recently bought a new laptop and after transferring all my stuff onto it, the thumbnails on most of my photos (not all) don't display. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarlKnowland, Mar 19, 2019.

1. In Windows 10 the thumbnails on my photos don't work properly

Hi,

Recently bought a new laptop and after transferring all my stuff onto it, the thumbnails on most of my photos (not all) don't display.

This doesn't happen to every single photo and some work totally fine.

I have tried all the solutions I could find online and none of them have worked. I have tried:

Clearing the disk cache for the photos

I've made sure the show thumbnails box is checked in both file settings and in the system settings.

Another thing that sometimes happens is that when I open the photo file the thumbnails will appear for a second or two but then flash and some will disappear while others stay.

Also I've noticed that if I change the view size from Large icons to medium then all the thumbnails are visible but this is pointless because they are too small to see which negates the whole point. As soon as I mess with the view size then they all disappear.

Any help with this would be great because I am about ready for setting fire to the laptop!

Thanks,

Carl.

:)

CarlKnowland, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Valeriu Win User

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    In Windows 10 the thumbnails on my photos don't work properly [​IMG]

Valeriu, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Mar 19, 2019
  4. In Windows 10 the thumbnails on my photos don't work properly

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

In Windows 10 the thumbnails on my photos don't work properly

1. In Windows 10 the thumbnails on my photos don't work properly - Similar Threads - thumbnails photos don't

2. My Toolbar don't work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Toolbar don't work properly: Hey,I have a new PC some months old that run on windows 11 and today, like everyday I go on my PC, my toolbar becomes black and when I go over it with my mouse cursor my crusor is loading, it takes a few minutes to work well again, but now it's slow and it takes time when i...
  3. My Toolbar don't work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Toolbar don't work properly: Hey,I have a new PC some months old that run on windows 11 and today, like everyday I go on my PC, my toolbar becomes black and when I go over it with my mouse cursor my crusor is loading, it takes a few minutes to work well again, but now it's slow and it takes time when i...
  4. Windows 10 photos not working properly

Windows 10 photos not working properly: Yesterday I had an update and now the Windows 10 photos application does not show options on where to save the photos uploaded to my laptop. When I connect the phone, the application appears, but the only tab I see to click is "Import", before I had the option to "change"...
  5. Windows 10 photos not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 photos not working properly: Yesterday I had an update and now the Windows 10 photos application does not show options on where to save the photos uploaded to my laptop. When I connect the phone, the application appears, but the only tab I see to click is "Import", before I had the option to "change"...
  6. Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up: Basically when it's a jpg file the thumbnails shows up but when it's a PNG or MP4 file or any type of different file the thumbnail doesn't show up anymore, I tried going into system and check the "show thumbnail not icon" I tried going into folder options and do the same...
  7. Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened.: This problem applies to only one folder which is named Upholstery. This is a screenshot of the contents of that folder: [ATTACH] When I open any one of the pictures I just get this seemingly compressed vertical line. If I choose to unlock it, I can enlarge it but it is...
  8. Windows 10: JPEG and PFG Thumbnails not working, not loading properly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: JPEG and PFG Thumbnails not working, not loading properly.: I was trying to finish renaming a lot of my photos. But the thumbnails stopped working all of a sudden. I have tried several recommended options which were listed here 4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 and none have worked. The most important one...
  9. Windows 10 Photos not working properly

Windows 10 Photos not working properly: I recently renewed my MS subscription for Windows 10 My Windows 10 photo app is not displaying options for where to save uploaded photos to my PC. When I connect the camera, the app comes up but the only tab I see to click is IMPORT.... before, I could CHANGE where I...
  10. My Windows 10 Pro Thumbnail Preview for Taskbar isn't Working Properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 Pro Thumbnail Preview for Taskbar isn't Working Properly: So recently, my taskbar thumbnail preview has stopped working by itself. So when I have one tab open like google chrome or file explorer I see a thumbnail preview but when I hover over it it doesn't present the tab I am hovering over, but when I have another tab one of the...