Windows 10: In windows 10, using compatibility mode for windows 7 for a game I get an error "install...

Discus and support In windows 10, using compatibility mode for windows 7 for a game I get an error "install... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In windows 10, using compatibility mode for windows 7 for "Bioshock 2" game, I get an error "Please install windows 7 service pack 1. The game will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardMerriman, Feb 8, 2020.

1. In windows 10, using compatibility mode for windows 7 for a game I get an error "install...

In windows 10, using compatibility mode for windows 7 for "Bioshock 2" game, I get an error "Please install windows 7 service pack 1. The game will now exit." This is for running Bioshock 2.

How can Windows 10 not be compatible with it's own windows 7 compatibility mode?

:)

RichardMerriman, Feb 8, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 7 Gaming Compatibility ?

if it works in vista, it works in 7. They maintained compatibility in every way, with vista.

Mussels, Feb 8, 2020
  4. In windows 10, using compatibility mode for windows 7 for a game I get an error "install...

Windows 10 Game Compatibility

Hello Debie,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

There are some programs that need new definitions compatible with Windows 10. Till the time they are unavailable you can install the programs compatible with previous versions of operating system in compatibility mode. If you can access the executable (.exe)
    file for the game, I would suggest you to follow the below provided steps:

Step 1: Download and save the game on the desktop.

Step 2: Install the game in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the .exe file, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 8 (or any other compatible OS) in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the executable file to install the game and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Additional information:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

In windows 10, using compatibility mode for windows 7 for a game I get an error "install...

1. In windows 10, using compatibility mode for windows 7 for a game I get an error "install... - Similar Threads - using compatibility mode

2. Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}: How can I install Windows 7 games to Window 10. I want the Spider Solitaire games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-7-games-on-windows-10-was-windows/5e28dbea-15b7-44eb-924a-dbe44448ea81
  3. Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}: How can I install Windows 7 games to Window 10. I want the Spider Solitaire games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-7-games-on-windows-10-was-windows/5e28dbea-15b7-44eb-924a-dbe44448ea81
  4. Compatibility Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compatibility Mode in Windows 10: I have been running Windows Live Mail on a Sony Vaio for a good few years, originally on Windows 7 but on Windows 10 for the last 2-3 years. I have now upgraded to a Microsoft Surface Pro and have copied the Windows Live Mail directories but when I try to run it nothing...
  5. Windows Compatibility Mode Reverting to Windows 10 Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Compatibility Mode Reverting to Windows 10 Mode: Recently A W32bit app that runs in W8compatibilty mode or other compatibility mode reverts to Windows 10 mode. This has been recurring several times in the last 2 month, assuming after a W10 update, but mot sure. I continually must reset the icon, only for it to revert back...
  6. windows 10 compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 compatibility mode: [ATTACH] when i go to the properties tab of grand theft auto 3 to try to run it in compatibility mode the option doesn't pop up no compatibility mode submitted by /u/Aidensully_04 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 7 to Windows 10 compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 to Windows 10 compatibility: Is the Windows compatibility appraisal still available and current in order to assess a Windows 7 system for upgrade please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-to-windows-10-compatibility/385e7e73-e2c9-432f-8d36-0c858599173d
  8. Windows 10 compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 compatibility mode: Does Windows 10 have a compatibility mode to allow older games to be installed and run on a Windows 10 machine? If so, how is it enabled? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compatibility-mode/95d8ebd3-05e0-464d-b3bc-7a97e8503801
  9. getting error for installing windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    getting error for installing windows 7: orror code 0x000000A5 (0X00000011,0X00000008,0XFFD14010,0X00040000) PLZ HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-for-installing-windows-7/9149b05e-1df6-412c-b2f8-567c9a585116
  10. Get Compatibility Report for Windows 10 in Window 7 and 8.1

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get Compatibility Report for Windows 10 in Window 7 and 8.1: How to: Get Compatibility Report for Windows 10 in Window 7 and 8.1 Check Get Windows 10 app Compatibility Report for Windows 10 in Window 7 and 8.1 [img] Information The compatibility report in the Get Windows 10 app makes sure your PC can run Windows 10. The report...