Windows 10: In windows 10 v 20H2 don't have some thumbnail preview for some pictures

Discus and support In windows 10 v 20H2 don't have some thumbnail preview for some pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Firstly , when I went into my desktop , my windows defender settings were all off for all virus and threat protection settings for some reason . Then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BINADASenanayake, Dec 5, 2020.

1. In windows 10 v 20H2 don't have some thumbnail preview for some pictures

Firstly , when I went into my desktop , my windows defender settings were all off for all virus and threat protection settings for some reason . Then I went into a browser and searched how to fix the problem , I found many videos but when I selected one it said go to powershell and type "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" , but it got stuck at 55.5%

and not knowing the results , I closed powershell admin and now I don't have thumbnail preview for some pictures . And when I clicked on one image, it shows a property panel. I currently don't know how to fix this problem . please help me

:)

BINADASenanayake, Dec 5, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 7 wrong thumbnail picture

Either, what Mussels said, or...
    Looks like you have dis-abled thumbnail previews some how... as, that is the default file folder icon.

If you are using any system speed up utilities, they may have disabled it.
    Look here and try to turn it back on.
    How to Enable or Disable Thumbnail Previews in Windows 7 Explorer

95Viper, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Video preview thumbnails

Hello,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why thumbnail preview has recently disappeared. To better assist you, please answer the following:

• For clarification, are referring to video preview thumbnails when using File Explorer?
    • We would like to verify if you are referring to the Fall Creators Update. To see your
      Windows build and version, please follow the steps in this
      article

In the meantime, we suggest creating a Test User Profile. This is to see if the same issue occurs on a different user profile.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Settings then hit the
      Enter
      key.
    • On Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

We'll be waiting on the results.

Dyan Rey, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Bilo Win User

In windows 10 v 20H2 don't have some thumbnail preview for some pictures

Getting rid of taskbar thumbnail previews in windows 10

I want to remove the preview also then I used Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner to achieved it. Although it said it is working on Windows 7 and 8 only, I have tested it is also working on Windows 10. The step is simple:

1. Click "Disable Thumbnails"
    2. Click "Apply"

No need to restart or logout to take effect

Bilo, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

In windows 10 v 20H2 don't have some thumbnail preview for some pictures

1. In windows 10 v 20H2 don't have some thumbnail preview for some pictures - Similar Threads - 20H2 don't thumbnail

2. Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons: I have the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-some-pictures-are-displayed-as-thumbnail-and/b797b16d-2782-4259-b63c-10cf6b8a3445 and went thru all the same steps.When I did the very last one - create a new user profile, it did NOT have the...
  3. Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons: I have the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-some-pictures-are-displayed-as-thumbnail-and/b797b16d-2782-4259-b63c-10cf6b8a3445 and went thru all the same steps.When I did the very last one - create a new user profile, it did NOT have the...
  4. Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I'm having a problem with some thumbnails/previews disappearing. This only happens on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm having a problem with some thumbnails/previews disappearing. This only happens on...: This only happens on OneDrive synced folders. It is resolved by relogging onto OneDrive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-a-problem-with-some-thumbnailspreviews/27a021e7-7d4d-43cb-96ea-eecc9f2225a5
  6. Broken Images Preview/Thumbnail Not Working for some

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken Images Preview/Thumbnail Not Working for some: In this question, these people had issues with the thumbnails not working and I had similar issues Topic and I found a simple solution that worked for all of my images except for my gif which I just needed to make one small edit to fix change the color of 1 pixel in 1 frame...
  7. some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.

in Windows 10 Support
    some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.: Hello,as in the title: In one specific folder some thumbnail previews show up,some do not. They have the same extension. -Cleared the icon db. -changed folder options Windows 10. 154872
  8. some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.: Hello,as in the title: In one specific folder some thumbnail previews show up,some do not. They have the same extension. -Cleared the icon db. -changed folder options Windows 10. 154872
  9. Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show: Just a couple of days ago I updated Windows 10 to v1909 from v1809. However, since the update, some MP4 video files don't show their thumbnails in File Explorer like in the previous version. I have no problem with videos that have a thumbnail embedded in the file. But some...
  10. PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?: I am having this problem with PDF files. Some of them show the 1st page of the file(mostly books front cover) as thumbnail image on the desktop, and, inside folders, but, some don't show the thumbnail image of the first page in the file. These files that don't show the...