Windows 10: In Windows 10 version 1809, after the system wakes from sleep, the display’s brightness...

Discus and support In Windows 10 version 1809, after the system wakes from sleep, the display’s brightness... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 version 1809 and performing the initial setup in Out-of-Box Experience (OOBE), brightness worked correctly. But after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lonnie_L, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Lonnie_L Win User

In Windows 10 version 1809, after the system wakes from sleep, the display’s brightness...

After installing Windows 10 version 1809 and performing the initial setup in Out-of-Box Experience (OOBE), brightness worked correctly. But after waking from sleep, the display’s brightness appears to be very dim. The display is only able to reach about half of its regular brightness.

:)

Lonnie_L, Jan 15, 2019

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 15, 2019
  3. 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes

I have a machine that has developed a peculiar issue only since going to 1809: occasionally when the display (Dell UltraSharp U2713HM) goes to sleep, it won't wake no matter what I do locally or remotely (via RDP or TeamViewer). It's interesting that the most recent patch (17763.168) includes this fix:

• Addresses an issue that displays a black screen on some servers when waking a display from sleep.
    But I'm still having the issue. At first I thought maybe it was the display going bad, but it's fine outside of Windows. Once it happens the only way I can get the display to come back is to power cycle the machine.

I have an Nvidia 1050 Ti card with the latest driver (417.22 from December 3rd). I checked the Nvidia site for firmware, since I know there was a DisplayPort 1.3/1.4 issue that could cause this a while back. But I ran their updater utility from June and it said I was current. I checked Dell's website for any firmware updates for the display, and there are none. The BIOS on the machine is current.

Any ideas?

Thanks

kjlkjadfasdfasd, Jan 15, 2019
  4. In Windows 10 version 1809, after the system wakes from sleep, the display’s brightness...

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

In Windows 10 version 1809, after the system wakes from sleep, the display’s brightness...

1. In Windows 10 version 1809, after the system wakes from sleep, the display’s brightness... - Similar Threads - version 1809 system

2. Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep: I have a laptop Asus Vivobook K6602V that has an auto brightness feature. When the ambient light changes while the laptop is awake, the auto brightness works relatively fine I wish it was more responsive. But when waking up from sleep, the brightness is set to whatever it was...
  3. Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep: I have a laptop Asus Vivobook K6602V that has an auto brightness feature. When the ambient light changes while the laptop is awake, the auto brightness works relatively fine I wish it was more responsive. But when waking up from sleep, the brightness is set to whatever it was...
  4. Displays wakes immediately after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Displays wakes immediately after sleep: I have a 15 minute timer for display sleep and a 30 minute timer for the PC. And started a day or 2 ago, my displays will wake up immediately after they go to sleep on the time out. If I set the display sleep to never, the PC will go into sleep on the 30 minute time out...
  5. Windows 10 brightness wrong after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 brightness wrong after waking from sleep: I had to repost this even though there are 50 other threads already locked on the same subject. I found a solution: 1. throw the microsoft garbage in the ocean 2. use something else 3. advise your companies and clients not to spend any money on garbage microsoft...
  6. Brightness Control in Version 1809?

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightness Control in Version 1809?: Hello: I gather there isnt a brightness slider in the action center in Version 1809--though its been added to 1903. However, Ive seen that one of those rectangular panelsin the Action Center is supposed to offer a way of calibrating brightness in 1809. It's supposed to have...
  7. Windows 10 after waking from sleep mode screen brightness is going down and the brightness...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 after waking from sleep mode screen brightness is going down and the brightness...: my computer (windows 10) after waking from sleep mode, the screen brightness is going to down to 0% Yes, brightness slider can move from 0% to 100% but the screen brightness is stack on 0%. and it's very annoying, when I always must to restart the computer again to fix it......
  8. Long time to wake from sleep. Videos won't play after sleep. Windows 10 1809.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long time to wake from sleep. Videos won't play after sleep. Windows 10 1809.: After updating to 1809 my PC started to take a long time to wake from sleep mode. After pressing a button on a keyboard it starts, lights up all peripherals and after 5-10 second screen turns on, but only shows black for another 10-20 seconds, after that log in screen appears...
  9. 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes: I have a machine that has developed a peculiar issue only since going to 1809: occasionally when the display (Dell UltraSharp U2713HM) goes to sleep, it won't wake no matter what I do locally or remotely (via RDP or TeamViewer). It's interesting that the most recent patch...
  10. Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep: Hi, This Windows 10 (1809) is really a troublemaker. I make my surface book 2 computer sleep by the power button and Windows Start > Power > Sleep. When I wake it up, it freezes. I have to restart for each time because I cannot use it after wake up. How can I solve this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp win 10 ver 1809 - cannot set seep mode

2. change windows 10 display brightness win 1809

3. screen brightness issue after sleep mode

4. windows 10 lose brightness after sleep