Windows 10: In Windows 10, weird window behavior...

Discus and support In Windows 10, weird window behavior... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The only reason I'm using Windows at all, (and not using Linux), is Windows is the only OS that's "handicap accessible" for people with my type of eye... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Mag00, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Mr Mag00 Win User

In Windows 10, weird window behavior...

The only reason I'm using Windows at all, (and not using Linux), is Windows is the only OS that's "handicap accessible" for people with my type of eye problems. I have very poor eyesight... and without the magnifier, I can't use the computer at all. The magnifier was pretty stable in Win 8 and 8.1, but in Win 10, you can't move it around on the screen without it going KOO-KOO and popping and flashing all over the place, changing shape and size on its own, and seemingly dragging windows on the screen with it, and, (I think), causing some windows to open to the wrong size afterwards. Sometimes the size is extremely small. Sometimes I can't even find the window at all, after clicking on its "thingie" on the taskbar in an effort to open it on the screen.

Is there a way to tell Win 10 to open windows a certain way... and not to do stuff on their own? This new stoopid thing where a window does things on its own instead of just listening to me, is horrible! Oh to have XP again. *Smile

:)

Mr Mag00, Aug 12, 2016

2. Weird Behavior.

jurgen73 wrote:

ActiveSync does not recognize phone even if windows says is ready to use.

Does this happen all the time?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 12, 2016
  3. jurgen73 Win User
    Weird Behavior.

Can anyone explain why these happens?

• ActiveSync does not syncronize the whole outlook email, just a few emails
    • ActiveSync does not recognize phone even if windows says is ready to use.
    I don't get any error messages or anything on both cases. and I'm using Outlook 2003 with ActiveSync 4.5.

Thanks in advance,

jurgen73, Aug 12, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

An alternative method is to click on 3 dots (top right corner) a drop down menu appears, where there is a zoom option.
    Hope this helps.

dencal, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Mr Mag00 Win User
    Top right of what? I don't see any "dots" at all anywhere. "Zoom" won't help me. I'm just looking for a way to tell the OS how to open windows on the screen... and not do things automatically. *Smile I guess I'm assuming there's no such thing?

Mr Mag00, Aug 15, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I just tried Magnifier on my computer and it works okay. I tried Full screen and Lens mode. No windows poping up or acting weird so it's definitely something on your PC that is the cause.

Try a different mouse.
    Try updating the driver for your video card. The Nvidia web site has some new ones. I don't know what version you currently have but if there is a newer one, give it a try:

Drivers | GeForce

This is a screen capture from the above web site for the GeForce GTX 789 Titan Black.

In Windows 10, weird window behavior... [​IMG]

Ztruker, Aug 16, 2016
  7. tannim Win User
    If it is snapping to the sides/top of the screen, you may try turning on "Prevent windows from being automatically rearranged."
    Right click on start, select Control Panel, select Ease of Access center, choose "make it easier to focus on tasks", find "Make it easier to manage windows" and check the box to prevent windows from being rearranged at edges of screen.

You may also try turning off follow mouse by clicking start, click the settings button, then ease of access(which is a different page than the other one), then magnifier, then follow mouse under tracking.

tannim, Aug 16, 2016
  8. Mr Mag00 Win User

Thank you. I'll do that. *Smile

Mr Mag00, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. In Windows 10, weird window behavior... - Similar Threads - weird window behavior

2. Weird RDP behavior in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird RDP behavior in Windows 11: Hi,what's wrong with RDP in Windows 11? I've never had so many problems with RDP in all computers together, than now with one single Windows 11 PC. I have service PC, which is always on for RDP purposes, so I can login remotely from field. Upgraded it to Windows 11 and I...
  3. Weird RDP behavior in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird RDP behavior in Windows 11: Hi,what's wrong with RDP in Windows 11? I've never had so many problems with RDP in all computers together, than now with one single Windows 11 PC. I have service PC, which is always on for RDP purposes, so I can login remotely from field. Upgraded it to Windows 11 and I...
  4. Weird Internet Connectivity Behavior with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Internet Connectivity Behavior with Windows 10: My wife's PC, a Dell Inspiron 3880 running Windows 10 Pro, started having problems connecting to websites. Running the troubleshooter in the Edge Browser showed that there was a problem with the gateway and that it needed to be reset to connect to MSN.com. I have two other...
  5. Weird Internet Connectivity Behavior with Windows 10

Weird Internet Connectivity Behavior with Windows 10: My wife's PC, a Dell Inspiron 3880 running Windows 10 Pro, started having problems connecting to websites. Running the troubleshooter in the Edge Browser showed that there was a problem with the gateway and that it needed to be reset to connect to MSN.com. I have two other...
  6. Weird Internet Connectivity Behavior with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 pinyin keyboard weird behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pinyin keyboard weird behavior: I am not sure is this a hardware issue or a software issue. But it sometimes really made me frustrated. I can't even type a single word properly sometimes due to the "auto-submit" behavior....
  8. Windows 10 pinyin keyboard weird behavior

Windows 10 pinyin keyboard weird behavior: I am not sure is this a hardware issue or a software issue. But it sometimes really made me frustrated. I can't even type a single word properly sometimes due to the "auto-submit" behavior....
  9. Weird Win+Up behavior in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Win+Up behavior in Windows 10: Normally, when you press Win+Up, it maximizes the current window. But in Windows 10, it sometimes does something else instead. Here's a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/WH9xv8w.png It happens when I have Chrome in a non-maximized window (the kind you get to with Restore...
  10. Weird windows 10 behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird windows 10 behavior: Just wonder if anyone has encountered these behaviors? It happens to me every time without exception: If I do a restart, the computer restarts but makes the windows 7-start sound. Upon getting to the desktop, the laptop battery meter is missing and the quiet hours, location...