Windows 10: in windows 10, what is the difference between "this PC" and the "c drive" files?

Discus and support in windows 10, what is the difference between "this PC" and the "c drive" files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is the difference between files in "this PC" and the "c drive" files? I am the only user on this PC. I saved files to the "c drive" within my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2views, Jul 19, 2019.

1. 2views Win User

in windows 10, what is the difference between "this PC" and the "c drive" files?

What is the difference between files in "this PC" and the "c drive" files?

I am the only user on this PC. I saved files to the "c drive" within my user name, but they do not show in file explorer in "this PC". Where should I be saving files?? Why aren't my files showing within "this PC"??

Thanks for your help!

:)

2views, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 19, 2019
  3. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    in windows 10, what is the difference between "this PC" and the "c drive" files? 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    in windows 10, what is the difference between "this PC" and the "c drive" files? 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Jul 19, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

in windows 10, what is the difference between "this PC" and the "c drive" files?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

1. in windows 10, what is the difference between "this PC" and the "c drive" files? - Similar Threads - difference between drive

2. What is the difference between Microsoft Authenticator and 2factor for windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between Microsoft Authenticator and 2factor for windows 10 PC?: Windows store list Microsoft Authenicator and 2 Factor for window 10. What's the difference? 95% of all my tasks are on the windows PC. My impression is that Microsoft Authenicator is for smartphones or tablets? I need to install 2 factor security foe my windows PC. Note it...
  3. What is the difference between Microsoft Authenticator and 2factor for windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between Microsoft Authenticator and 2factor for windows 10 PC?: Windows store list Microsoft Authenicator and 2 Factor for window 10. What's the difference? 95% of all my tasks are on the windows PC. My impression is that Microsoft Authenicator is for smartphones or tablets? I need to install 2 factor security foe my windows PC. Note it...
  4. What is the difference between Microsoft Authenticator and 2factor for windows 10 PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Difference between C: drive and F: drive

Difference between C: drive and F: drive: Hi all,I'm new to Windows 11 after using MacOS and I was hoping I could get some help understanding the difference between the C: drive and the F: on my computer and if there was a way to "transfer" the storage from one to the other. I got this PC purely for gaming and my C:...
  6. Difference between C: drive and F: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between C: drive and F: drive: Hi all,I'm new to Windows 11 after using MacOS and I was hoping I could get some help understanding the difference between the C: drive and the F: on my computer and if there was a way to "transfer" the storage from one to the other. I got this PC purely for gaming and my C:...
  7. whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?: I restored files from Google drive to c://users/me/documents but the files are not visible in "This Pc/Documents"I thought those two things were the same, but it appears not......
  8. whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?

whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?: I restored files from Google drive to c://users/me/documents but the files are not visible in "This Pc/Documents"I thought those two things were the same, but it appears not......
  9. What’s the difference between these windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the difference between these windows?: Right now I have windows 10 home. But I hear a lot about windows creator update? How do I know if I have this I’m not really sure if this is a whole is version or just an update.? If I don’t have it how do I go about getting it. I’m building a new pc and I’m installing a...
  10. What is the difference between 'This PC' and 'Libraries'?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the difference between 'This PC' and 'Libraries'?: In File Explorer I can see a number of ways to access my files. For example, if I wanted to go to my Pictures; I can go straight to Libraries >Pictures and make a selection Or I can go to 'This PC'> Pictures and make a selection So what is the difference? I know I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whats the difference between This PC and Windows (C) in windows 10

2. aow driver

3. what i sdifference between this pc AND C: