Windows 10: In Windows 11 cannot change the default from printing in Color to B&W

Discus and support In Windows 11 cannot change the default from printing in Color to B&W in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Windows 10 I could create a favorite printer setting that was b&W and make it the default. In Windows 11 the default is color and it won't let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by info Susan, Jul 10, 2024.

1. In Windows 11 cannot change the default from printing in Color to B&W

In Windows 10 I could create a favorite printer setting that was b&W and make it the default. In Windows 11 the default is color and it won't let me change the default setting. I must be able to restrict color printing. What has changed?

:)

info Susan, Jul 10, 2024

2. Printer prints in color even when I select B&W

• It's an HP Officejet J3600 (the age of this printer may in and of itself be the problem)
    • No hardware changes, and no major software changes besides regular Windows updates
    • Version 1703 (Build 15063.483)
    • Nothing past the "Run the Troubleshooter" in the Printers & Scanners page of the CP
    However, on that last point, I clicked on the name of my printer on that control panel page, then clicked Manage. Under the Printing Preferences window accessed from the following page, I saw that the color settings was set to color. I set it to grayscale,
    and now it prints in B&W like I want it to. However, this just means that Windows' own printer settings are superseding whatever settings I choose in the print dialogues in Chrome or Adobe or whatever else. So I have to go back to that settings page
    and switch it back to color if I want color, instead of being able to do it conveniently from a program's native print dialogue.

Either way, the issue is at least mostly-resolved.

Killian Goetowski, Jul 10, 2024
  3. ray1066 Win User
    hp 4650 print has no b&W or Color options in the software

I have an hp 4650 printer. And although it use to print in color when new, it now has no options to set it to change from B&W to color. There is nothing there in the software on windows 10 or in any of the options on the printer itself. I have looked and
    try, its like the option is gone. I uninstalled and redownloaded the software again from hp, resetup the printer, and still absolututely no color print option listed. Drivers are updated. Someone, somewhere has changed something, MICROSOFT!

In Windows 11 cannot change the default from printing in Color to B&W 1b24e0b7-714f-4384-afdf-2bdcde349a8a?upload=true.jpg

ray1066, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Sher Amo Win User

In Windows 11 cannot change the default from printing in Color to B&W

Printer prints in color even when I select B&W

Hi Killian,

One of the possible reasons why the printer is printing in color even though it was set to black and white is due to an incorrect printer configuration.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your printer?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What is the build and version of Windows are you using? To check the version of your Windows, type
      winver in the Search box and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

In Windows 11 cannot change the default from printing in Color to B&W

1. In Windows 11 cannot change the default from printing in Color to B&W - Similar Threads - cannot change default

2. In Windows 11 cannot change the default from printing in Color to B&W

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 11 cannot change the default from printing in Color to B&W: In Windows 10 I could create a favorite printer setting that was b&W and make it the default. In Windows 11 the default is color and it won't let me change the default setting. I must be able to restrict color printing. What has changed?...
  3. My HP Envy Printer only prints B&W but prints color from my phone! How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP Envy Printer only prints B&W but prints color from my phone! How do I fix?: My HP Envy Printer only prints B&W but prints color from my phone! How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-envy-printer-only-prints-bw-but-prints-color/0ccf34a9-cfad-4878-92d7-f18d9e0c1ca5
  4. My HP Envy Printer only prints B&W but prints color from my phone! How do I fix?

My HP Envy Printer only prints B&W but prints color from my phone! How do I fix?: My HP Envy Printer only prints B&W but prints color from my phone! How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-envy-printer-only-prints-bw-but-prints-color/0ccf34a9-cfad-4878-92d7-f18d9e0c1ca5
  5. My HP Envy Printer only prints B&W but prints color from my phone! How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. HP deskjet 940C is printing too large in color however B&W prints properly

HP deskjet 940C is printing too large in color however B&W prints properly: HP deskjet 940C is printing too large yet B&W printing is fine, correct size prints easily.Printing from my email program "Earthlink" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-deskjet-940c-is-printing-too-large-in-color/fcb93667-13ac-4987-b967-e3323c083d52
  7. Cannot print in color

Cannot print in color: I have an HP OfficeJet 4650 printer. I have had this problem since the last two Windows updates on my laptop. I've tried everything; it's been driving me crazy. I tried again today and something worked! Control Panel Devices and Printers Advanced Printer...
  8. Windows Camera Display in B/W

Windows Camera Display in B/W: Hi everyone! Quick question. The camera I use on my Windows 10 laptop only displays the images in black and white. Everything else displays in color except for when I need my camera for a video call or to take a photo. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks....
  9. hp 4650 print has no b&W or Color options in the software

hp 4650 print has no b&W or Color options in the software: I have an hp 4650 printer. And although it use to print in color when new, it now has no options to set it to change from B&W to color. There is nothing there in the software on windows 10 or in any of the options on the printer itself. I have looked and try, its like the...
  10. change to default colors for windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    change to default colors for windows 10: what to do if I can not resety color back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-to-default-colors-for-windows-10/f90c380c-fda0-4fe3-8732-3e7704832359