Windows 10: In Windows 11 File Explorer, while searching for file name the spaces keep being deleted.

Discus and support In Windows 11 File Explorer, while searching for file name the spaces keep being deleted. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 11 File Explorer, while searching for a file name the spaces keep being deleted. Example searching for "New Home 2023" the space or spaces... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WilliamHorner, Oct 23, 2023.

1. In Windows 11 File Explorer, while searching for file name the spaces keep being deleted.

In Windows 11 File Explorer, while searching for a file name the spaces keep being deleted. Example searching for "New Home 2023" the space or spaces are being removed "New Home2023"It is not doing it 100% of the time. But most of the time. I have already done the following:Restarted computer multiply timesUpdated, Dell and WindowsUpdated my Logitech KeyboardRebuilt indexRan both the DISM and SFC ToolsNot sure if there are other settings? I am not having any luck with this and its extremely frustrating.

:)

WilliamHorner, Oct 23, 2023

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Oct 23, 2023
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 23, 2023
  4. In Windows 11 File Explorer, while searching for file name the spaces keep being deleted.

Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

Hi all,

Recently Windows Explorer stopped finding .docx files when I search for a specific word. I know that these files contain the words that I am searching for, and I have tried lots of things:

• "Search in file contents" is enabled
    • .docx files are set to have names and contents indexed
    • I've tried rebuilding the index
    • I tested the search on other file types, and it returns results for seemingly everything except .docx files
    • I tried upgrading to Windows 11 to see if this would fix the issue, but it did not
    I would really appreciate any suggestions, as being able to search file contents is very important for my studies.

I O'Connor, Oct 23, 2023
Thema:

In Windows 11 File Explorer, while searching for file name the spaces keep being deleted.

1. In Windows 11 File Explorer, while searching for file name the spaces keep being deleted. - Similar Threads - File Explorer while

2. Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer: In File Explorer, how to search for any filename with a space before the period? * .* doesn't work -- returns all files.More generally, where are the syntax and other rules for searching in File Explorer?thanksK...
  3. Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer: In File Explorer, how to search for any filename with a space before the period? * .* doesn't work -- returns all files.More generally, where are the syntax and other rules for searching in File Explorer?thanksK...
  4. Searching for files with spaces in names in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer search characters deleted while typing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer search characters deleted while typing in windows 11: Hi Team, When I want to search my file in File Explorer I notice some of the characters are deleted. It only happens in the search File Explorer only....
  6. File explorer search characters deleted while typing in windows 11

File explorer search characters deleted while typing in windows 11: Hi Team, When I want to search my file in File Explorer I notice some of the characters are deleted. It only happens in the search File Explorer only....
  7. In Windows 11 File Explorer, while searching for file name the spaces keep being deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11 File Explorer, while searching for file name the spaces keep being deleted.: In Windows 11 File Explorer, while searching for a file name the spaces keep being deleted. Example searching for "New Home 2023" the space or spaces are being removed "New Home2023"It is not doing it 100% of the time. But most of the time. I have already done the...
  8. I can't search files by name File Explorer - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't search files by name File Explorer - Windows 11: Hello everyone,As the title states, I cannot search for the name of the file in File Explorer. For example, the file name is DSC02115, I type "2115", It returns me the result: "No items match your search.".Please see the image below.Can anyone tell me why File Explorer can't...
  9. I can't search files by name File Explorer - Windows 11

I can't search files by name File Explorer - Windows 11: Hello everyone,As the title states, I cannot search for the name of the file in File Explorer. For example, the file name is DSC02115, I type "2115", It returns me the result: "No items match your search.".Please see the image below.Can anyone tell me why File Explorer can't...
  10. searching with file explorer for just file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    searching with file explorer for just file names: Name:XYZ file explorer will list filenames, folder names, shortcuts etc. NO. I just want filenames! How to do i get that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searching-with-file-explorer-for-just-file-names/733d9215-8cb9-49fc-ae2d-3559c6e1e642"