Windows 10: In Windows 11, how do you share a file via outlook from file explorer?

Discus and support In Windows 11, how do you share a file via outlook from file explorer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This was a simple task in Windows 10 - right click a file in file explorer, and either share/copy the link and send via outlook desktop my default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nmivey, Aug 8, 2022.

1. nmivey Win User

In Windows 11, how do you share a file via outlook from file explorer?

This was a simple task in Windows 10 - right click a file in file explorer, and either share/copy the link and send via outlook desktop my default email program or share the actual file as an attachment with a single click, which opened a new email window for outlook - not "Mail". Now Outlook is gone as an option, and I apparently have no contacts - clicking "Add contacts" does nothing. Where did this basic, obvious, very useful functionality go?

:)

nmivey, Aug 8, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Aug 8, 2022
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Aug 8, 2022
  4. In Windows 11, how do you share a file via outlook from file explorer?

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

In Windows 11, how do you share a file via outlook from file explorer?

1. In Windows 11, how do you share a file via outlook from file explorer? - Similar Threads - share file via

2. Unable to open a shared file in Outlook on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open a shared file in Outlook on Windows 11: Hi, I have a customer that have his system on Windows 11 and she is unable to open a shared files in Outlook .The message that she receive when she try to open it is : A autorisation is required to access this element .Waiting for approbation .We will notice you the progress...
  3. Unable to open a shared file in Outlook on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open a shared file in Outlook on Windows 11: Hi, I have a customer that have his system on Windows 11 and she is unable to open a shared files in Outlook .The message that she receive when she try to open it is : A autorisation is required to access this element .Waiting for approbation .We will notice you the progress...
  4. In Windows 11, how do you share a file via outlook from file explorer?

In Windows 11, how do you share a file via outlook from file explorer?: This was a simple task in Windows 10 - right click a file in file explorer, and either share/copy the link and send via outlook desktop my default email program or share the actual file as an attachment with a single click, which opened a new email window for outlook - not...
  5. How to share Files and Folders using File Explorer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to share Files and Folders using File Explorer on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows is easy and simple, be it the design, the UI, or the features. Understanding and using a Windows 11/10 PC is always easy, even for a beginner. Anyone can perform basic computer tasks without any specific tech knowledge, in short, it is one of the easiest...
  6. how the **** do you change the Windows "11" file Explorer Default view from "Details" to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how the **** do you change the Windows "11" file Explorer Default view from "Details" to...: this was a feature on the last three versions of windows and i cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the default on WINDOWS 11 I KNOW HOW TO DO IT ON WINDOWS 10 IM LOOKING FOR HELP IN WINDOWS 11 NOT WINDOWS 10. i have thousands of files and i cannot navigate them...
  7. how the **** do you change the Windows "11" file Explorer Default view from "Details" to...

how the **** do you change the Windows "11" file Explorer Default view from "Details" to...: this was a feature on the last three versions of windows and i cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the default on WINDOWS 11 I KNOW HOW TO DO IT ON WINDOWS 10 IM LOOKING FOR HELP IN WINDOWS 11 NOT WINDOWS 10. i have thousands of files and i cannot navigate them...
  8. File Explorer-Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer-Share: Trying to share a set of files. When I hit the Share key I get "THIS APP CAN'T SHARE NOW" I've used this app before, in fact only less than an hour before with no problem. Aanay ideas ?...
  9. File Explorer-Share

File Explorer-Share: Trying to share a set of files. When I hit the Share key I get "THIS APP CAN'T SHARE NOW" I've used this app before, in fact only less than an hour before with no problem. Aanay ideas ?...
  10. Outlook files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook files in File Explorer: i recently had to restore my hard rive and operating system. i reinstalled Microsoft Office 365 to my computer and for some reason I can't get File Explorer to recognize Outlook. It will not let me use Outlook to retrieve any email message I stored from Outlook....