Windows 10: In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if I move a window to a secondary screen

Discus and support In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if I move a window to a secondary screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've been dealing with what I thought was random outage of the right click context menu but I kind of think I figured out the pattern of what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zantetsuken., Nov 30, 2022.

1. In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if I move a window to a secondary screen

So I've been dealing with what I thought was random outage of the right click context menu but I kind of think I figured out the pattern of what is happening, So now I can at least explain this. And these results reproduce every time and occurs with any Window or app/program launched on any screen.I'll start with what I have to do to have normal function of the context menu... when opening any window I have trigger the context menu least once within the screen it started in before moving that window to the second screen.If I don't trigger the contexts menu on its originating screen the menu w

:)

Zantetsuken., Nov 30, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

Well.. have a look at this:

In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if I move a window to a secondary screen [​IMG]

I took a risk. I've set a System Restore point then installed Gold Wave.
    It was not present in that Open With list.

I used the Default Programs Editor:

In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if I move a window to a secondary screen [​IMG]

Did you click Save...? You should have seen:

Note: if you are running as a standard user you may need to run it as admin, if it doesn't offer a UAC prompt.

- opened via Open With as above.

dalchina, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

Diagram 'A' shows Windows' suggested programs
    Diagram 'B' shows the extended list

I have been trying to edit the context menu's "Open with" list of Windows' suggested programs for the .mp3 extension.
    I'm not talking about the extended list, but rather the programs that first appear 'before' the "choose another app" option.
    If you look at Diagram 'A' you will see the preliminary list generated by Windows, this is the list I am looking to modify.
    I have an .mp3 editor named Goldwave that I use for editing audio files, however, I do not want to change the preliminary program Windows uses to open .mp3s. My .mp3s should remain assigned to Winamp Player.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bandit012345, Dec 1, 2022
  4. In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if I move a window to a secondary screen

In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if I move a window to a secondary screen

So I've been dealing with what I thought was random outage of the right click context menu but I kind of think I figured out the pattern of what is happening, So now I can at least explain this. And these results reproduce every time and occurs with any Window or app/program launched on any screen.

I'll start with what I have to do to have normal function of the context menu... when opening any window I have trigger the context menu least once within the screen it started in before moving that window to the second screen.

If I don't trigger the contexts menu on its originating screen the menu will not be able to open on the second screen until I restart the program or window. And if I move that window back into its originating screen the menu will still open there and always open there. but will still continue to fail if again returned to the second screen.

Zantetsuken., Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if I move a window to a secondary screen

1. In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if I move a window to a secondary screen - Similar Threads - Context Menu won't

2. Windows 11 context menu shows off screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 context menu shows off screen: I'm running Windows 11 22H2 10.0.22621.2428 in a Surface Pro 7.The context menu always shows at the left, even if it goes out of the screen.For example, here I open the context menu for "Home" in Explorer top left of the screen:The same happens in Explorer, in the Desktop,......
  3. Windows 11 context menu shows off screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 context menu shows off screen: I'm running Windows 11 22H2 10.0.22621.2428 in a Surface Pro 7.The context menu always shows at the left, even if it goes out of the screen.For example, here I open the context menu for "Home" in Explorer top left of the screen:The same happens in Explorer, in the Desktop,......
  4. In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if I move a window to a secondary screen

In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if I move a window to a secondary screen: So I've been dealing with what I thought was random outage of the right click context menu but I kind of think I figured out the pattern of what is happening, So now I can at least explain this. And these results reproduce every time and occurs with any Window or app/program...
  5. In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if if I move a window to a secondary screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if if I move a window to a secondary screen: So I've been dealing with what I thought was random outage of the right click context menu but I kind of think I figured out the pattern of what is happening, So now I can at least explain this. And these results reproduce every time and occurs with any Window or app/program...
  6. In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if if I move a window to a secondary screen

In Windows 11 The Context Menu won't open if if I move a window to a secondary screen: So I've been dealing with what I thought was random outage of the right click context menu but I kind of think I figured out the pattern of what is happening, So now I can at least explain this. And these results reproduce every time and occurs with any Window or app/program...
  7. Excel right click context menu won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel right click context menu won't open: Windows 10 Pro 21H2, Excel 365 vers 2207. The right click context menu won't open until tried 3 times, it flashes open then closes. I have identified the problem as the cursor size setting. If you set the size to anything bigger than 2 the problem appears. Set it back to 1 or...
  8. Windows 11 context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 context menu: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have an issue with what I believe is called the "context menu". If I want to copy and paste something I have to first click on "Show More Options" to get to the copy or paste feature. Is there a way to expand the context menu so you do not have...
  9. Windows 11 context menu

Windows 11 context menu: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have an issue with what I believe is called the "context menu". If I want to copy and paste something I have to first click on "Show More Options" to get to the copy or paste feature. Is there a way to expand the context menu so you do not have...
  10. Windows Context Menu Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Context Menu Not Opening: Hey Anyone, WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON TASKBAR AND SELECT TASKBAR SETTING IT DOES NOT OPEN SETTING ELSE IT FLASHES COMMAND PROMPT LIKE SOMETHING WHICH JUST POPS UP AND CLOSE AND NOTHING HAPPENS... THE SAME PROBLEM ALSO OCCUR WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP AND SELECT DESKTOP...