Windows 10: In Windows 11 , when I click on File Manager , it redirects me to This PC which I prefer...

Discus and support In Windows 11 , when I click on File Manager , it redirects me to This PC which I prefer... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So when I click on the file manager icon in taskbar , i only see my drives and not the folders.The folders that I am talking about is "Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ManojPatil0502, Nov 29, 2022.

1. In Windows 11 , when I click on File Manager , it redirects me to This PC which I prefer...

So when I click on the file manager icon in taskbar , i only see my drives and not the folders.The folders that I am talking about is "Desktop Documents Downloads Music Pictures"It was there in Win 10 but not in Win 11. Is there a way to get it back?I have also attached a screenshotAny help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

:)

ManojPatil0502, Nov 29, 2022
  2. dearnold Win User

Redirect a system file problem

Thank you, dalchina. I did use the location tab and I've done it many times over the years - so I wasn't following the tut and didn't use proper care by making a system backup first. Lesson learned (again)!

I'm not entirely sure how I did it, but it now appears to be fixed. I followed a suggestion in another thread that I happened on.
    the steps were:
    1. make a new downloads folder in the destination location of choice
    2. right click on the "wrong" shortcut - D:\ in my case & select Properties
    3. In the path field, simply change it to your preferred destination and click APPLY
    4. You'll get a request to confirm the redirection - click No
    5. Click OK in your D:\ window
    Restart.

After restarting, I opened File Explorer and the Downloads system folder seems to be where I want it - D:\DOWNLOADS
    I manually moved a few files into it.
    There are no error messages.
    It sounds to easy to actually be true, so I'm not publishing this to the world yet.

Berton, thanks for chiming in. Your solution certainly works, but I don't want to have to think about yet another "maintenance" step if I can possibly avoid it.

dearnold, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2022
  4. Ṣmeed Win User

In Windows 11 , when I click on File Manager , it redirects me to This PC which I prefer...

Ṣmeed, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

In Windows 11 , when I click on File Manager , it redirects me to This PC which I prefer...

1. In Windows 11 , when I click on File Manager , it redirects me to This PC which I prefer... - Similar Threads - click File Manager

2. Twitter notifications on windows is not redirecting me to the actual tweet when I click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Twitter notifications on windows is not redirecting me to the actual tweet when I click...: As said from the title. When I have notifications on for someone on twitter, and they tweet, I get a notification from windows pop up, however, when I click it, it doesnt bring me to the tweet in my google chrome tab. It just closes the notification no matter where I click on...
  3. Twitter notifications on windows is not redirecting me to the actual tweet when I click...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Twitter notifications on windows is not redirecting me to the actual tweet when I click...: As said from the title. When I have notifications on for someone on twitter, and they tweet, I get a notification from windows pop up, however, when I click it, it doesnt bring me to the tweet in my google chrome tab. It just closes the notification no matter where I click on...
  4. Twitter notifications on windows is not redirecting me to the actual tweet when I click...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. when i open file explorer it tells me to sign in but when i click sign in it tells me to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i open file explorer it tells me to sign in but when i click sign in it tells me to...: when i open file explorer it tells me to sign in but when i click sign in it tells me to sign into an acc i dont have access to and im trying to delete somthing and its telling me i need perms from my computer that im using now to delete it...
  6. when i open file explorer it tells me to sign in but when i click sign in it tells me to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i open file explorer it tells me to sign in but when i click sign in it tells me to...: when i open file explorer it tells me to sign in but when i click sign in it tells me to sign into an acc i dont have access to and im trying to delete somthing and its telling me i need perms from my computer that im using now to delete it...
  7. When I click on a file and click delete, it always prompts me to make sure I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click on a file and click delete, it always prompts me to make sure I want to...: My recycle bin is empty. I checked and the option to not send files to the recycle bin but immediately remove them is not selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-a-file-and-click-delete-it-always/701b7451-436b-4eac-a199-6c49b92054dc
  8. In Windows 11 , when I click on File Manager , it redirects me to This PC which I prefer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11 , when I click on File Manager , it redirects me to This PC which I prefer...: So when I click on the file manager icon in taskbar , i only see my drives and not the folders.The folders that I am talking about is "Desktop Documents Downloads Music Pictures"It was there in Win 10 but not in Win 11. Is there a way to get it back?I have also attached a...
  9. properties of PC not accessible when I right click on 'This PC' I get a blue screen which...

in Windows 10 Customization
    properties of PC not accessible when I right click on 'This PC' I get a blue screen which...: I have had a number of problems with Windows 10 recently. One was the DISM filling up my disk problem, but that seems to be fixed now, after a number of tries. It sorted itself after I did a repair on Acrobat. I don't know why. However, I am now unable to access PC...
  10. So i got this new pc that when i click f1 it redirects me to this. How can i unbind it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So i got this new pc that when i click f1 it redirects me to this. How can i unbind it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kynaru [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7rctm/so_i_got_this_new_pc_that_when_i_click_f1_it/