Windows 10: In Windows 11 when I try to rename a folder, the folder above is selected by Windows to be...

Discus and support In Windows 11 when I try to rename a folder, the folder above is selected by Windows to be... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In this snip I selected "Work" to be renamed and "Sons" was selected by Windows as the folder to be renamed.Individual files within a folder can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fairlyfit, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Fairlyfit Win User

In Windows 11 when I try to rename a folder, the folder above is selected by Windows to be...

In this snip I selected "Work" to be renamed and "Sons" was selected by Windows as the folder to be renamed.Individual files within a folder can be renamed with no problem.I have restarted and updated several times since I first noticed this issue.Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Fairlyfit, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

In Windows 11 when I try to rename a folder, the folder above is selected by Windows to be...

1. In Windows 11 when I try to rename a folder, the folder above is selected by Windows to be... - Similar Threads - try rename folder

2. When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...: Recently I've come across a weird problem in which my folders in 'This PC' are automatically getting selected and when I try to open any drive Drive D for example, I end up opening all the folders that were selected automatically. Not just this, Other softwares too are...
  3. In Windows 11 when I try to rename a folder, the folder above is selected by Windows to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11 when I try to rename a folder, the folder above is selected by Windows to be...: In this snip I selected "Work" to be renamed and "Sons" was selected by Windows as the folder to be renamed.Individual files within a folder can be renamed with no problem.I have restarted and updated several times since I first noticed this issue.Any help would be...
  4. When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...: Recently I've come across a weird problem in which my folders in 'This PC' are automatically getting selected and when I try to open any drive Drive D for example, I end up opening all the folders that were selected automatically. Not just this, Other softwares too are...
  5. When I select one folder to open all the folders above it are selected from the beginning...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 11, folder renaming problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, folder renaming problem.: When I click the More Options link then select Rename, the highlighted folder to be renamed jumps to another folder and I am unable to rename the desired folder. If I click on the folder a level above the folder I want to rename, and display the folder in the right pane, I am...
  7. Windows 11, folder renaming problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, folder renaming problem.: When I click the More Options link then select Rename, the highlighted folder to be renamed jumps to another folder and I am unable to rename the desired folder. If I click on the folder a level above the folder I want to rename, and display the folder in the right pane, I am...
  8. Windows selects multiple folders on selecting single folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows selects multiple folders on selecting single folder: Windows selects multiple files/folders when tapping a single file/folder and when I try to open that file ,windows explorer opens all the files in multiple windows....and it's very annoying.. can't do anything with the laptop and some issues with the keyboard occurs when this...
  9. When I try to create a new folder or rename an existing folder on OneDrive, most of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I try to create a new folder or rename an existing folder on OneDrive, most of the...: I am using Windows File Explorer, Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Latitude E5570. The screen flashes as I am typing the folder name and I may only get a few characters typed before it exits edit mode and shows my folder with a partially typed name. I have to try to rename many times...
  10. File Explorer crashing when trying to rename folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crashing when trying to rename folders: First off. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum *Redface So I have had Windows 10 for a couple of months now, and have never had any issues up until now. Whenever I try to rename a folder/ add new folder file explorer freezes as soon as i touch the keyboard. I've...