Windows 10: In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files?

Discus and support In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello How do I get Windows Explorer's preview (on the right hand side of the screen) to work with PDF files? I tried opening Adobe Acrobat Reader DC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Nov 24, 2020.

1. ship69 Win User

In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files?

Hello

How do I get Windows Explorer's preview (on the right hand side of the screen) to work with PDF files?

I tried opening Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and selecting:
    Edit ==> Preferences ==> General ==> Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer
    but that didn't work.

To get clear, within Windows Explorer I have selected: View ==> Preview pane.
    But all I get in the right hand side of the screen is "This file can't be previewed."

I have tried completely uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and then re-installing it again.

Thanks

J

:)

ship69, Nov 24, 2020

2. pdf preview in Windows 10 file explorer

thanks for suggestion. i tried both, but neither worked. even with using Edge as pdf reader, and resetting and restarting, pdf previews in explorer, regardless of which default pdf viewer used, resulted in very small window in preview pane.

StephenKlotz, Nov 24, 2020
  3. File explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I followed all the instructions listed at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...howing-in-windows-10-file/2d46bdd4-e463-421d- bd1c-6811b6dc9b58 and yet there is no pdf
    preview in the file explorer. In the past I had a preview of pdf files in the file explorer. So I ask, is it because of the latest windows updates, I do not have a preview of pdf files now?

Gad Feldan, Nov 24, 2020
  4. In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files?

PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer

I wanted my Window 10 File Explorer to display .pdf file previews like my Windows 7 so I started researching and came up with several different solutions, none of which worked for me.

Prime among the solutions was Option 1:

1. Open file explorer

2. Click view on the top of the file explorer.

3. Select preview pane option and see if it helps.

And Option 2:

• Open the reader,
    • Go to Edit
    • Then Preferences
    • Go to General Tab
    • And check "enable PDF thumbnail previews"

Even after using Option 2, it still didn’t work but then after going to Help > Repair Installation in Acrobat Reader DC it works just fine.

Bruce46Whitney, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files?

1. In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files? - Similar Threads - Explorer preview PDF

2. How to get PDF preview working in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get PDF preview working in Windows 10 File Explorer: Since the last Windows 10 update Jan 16 PDF file Previews don't show in File Explorer Preview Pane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-pdf-preview-working-in-windows-10-file/d05e31d2-b912-42cd-9465-0176d3b85c8c
  3. How to get PDF preview working in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get PDF preview working in Windows 10 File Explorer: Since the last Windows 10 update Jan 16 PDF file Previews don't show in File Explorer Preview Pane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-pdf-preview-working-in-windows-10-file/d05e31d2-b912-42cd-9465-0176d3b85c8c
  4. How to get PDF preview working in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can i change the PDF previewer in preview pane in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change the PDF previewer in preview pane in file explorer?: I have a problem with the PDF preview pane Opened by Microsoft Edge WebView2; I see this program is presented when I select the file. The Microsoft Edge WebView2 is a prolonged response in the preview pane. So.....How can i change the Microsoft Edge WebView2 to Foxit Reader...
  6. How can i change the PDF previewer in preview pane in file explorer?

How can i change the PDF previewer in preview pane in file explorer?: I have a problem with the PDF preview pane Opened by Microsoft Edge WebView2; I see this program is presented when I select the file. The Microsoft Edge WebView2 is a prolonged response in the preview pane. So.....How can i change the Microsoft Edge WebView2 to Foxit Reader...
  7. PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer: I am using an older version of Adobe Acrobat to edit PDF files but it does not have a preview feature setting. The problem is Adobe will not allow me to install just a later Acrobat reader to preview the files in Windows Explorer.Isn't it about time Microsoft had an embedded...
  8. PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer

PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer: I am using an older version of Adobe Acrobat to edit PDF files but it does not have a preview feature setting. The problem is Adobe will not allow me to install just a later Acrobat reader to preview the files in Windows Explorer.Isn't it about time Microsoft had an embedded...
  9. PDF file previewer for Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?: Hello 1. How do I get Window10's File Explorer to show a preview of PDF files in the right hand pane? It just says "No preview available", whereas previews are visible for all my other types of file (e.g. .JPG and .XLSX etc) 2. Also in my Outlook ("for Microseoft 365 MSO...