Windows 10: In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files?

Discus and support In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello How do I get Windows Explorer's preview (on the right hand side of the screen) to work with PDF files? I tried opening Adobe Acrobat Reader DC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Nov 24, 2020.

1. ship69 Win User

In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files?

Hello

How do I get Windows Explorer's preview (on the right hand side of the screen) to work with PDF files?

I tried opening Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and selecting:
    Edit ==> Preferences ==> General ==> Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer
    but that didn't work.

To get clear, within Windows Explorer I have selected: View ==> Preview pane.
    But all I get in the right hand side of the screen is "This file can't be previewed."

I have tried completely uninstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and then re-installing it again.

Thanks

J

:)

ship69, Nov 24, 2020

2. pdf preview in Windows 10 file explorer

thanks for suggestion. i tried both, but neither worked. even with using Edge as pdf reader, and resetting and restarting, pdf previews in explorer, regardless of which default pdf viewer used, resulted in very small window in preview pane.

StephenKlotz, Nov 24, 2020
  3. File explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I followed all the instructions listed at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...howing-in-windows-10-file/2d46bdd4-e463-421d- bd1c-6811b6dc9b58 and yet there is no pdf
    preview in the file explorer. In the past I had a preview of pdf files in the file explorer. So I ask, is it because of the latest windows updates, I do not have a preview of pdf files now?

Gad Feldan, Nov 24, 2020
  4. In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files?

PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer

I wanted my Window 10 File Explorer to display .pdf file previews like my Windows 7 so I started researching and came up with several different solutions, none of which worked for me.

Prime among the solutions was Option 1:

1. Open file explorer

2. Click view on the top of the file explorer.

3. Select preview pane option and see if it helps.

And Option 2:

• Open the reader,
    • Go to Edit
    • Then Preferences
    • Go to General Tab
    • And check "enable PDF thumbnail previews"

Even after using Option 2, it still didn’t work but then after going to Help > Repair Installation in Acrobat Reader DC it works just fine.

Bruce46Whitney, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files?

1. In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files? - Similar Threads - Explorer preview PDF

2. Windows 10 file explorer PDF preview pane defalt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file explorer PDF preview pane defalt: Good morning, I'm just wondering if there is a way for me to change the default PDF file preview options. On my work PC when I click on a PDF file, the preview pane shows up and allows me to use the mouse wheel to scroll down. When I am using my PC at home, I cannot. I...
  3. PDF Preview in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PDF Preview in Explorer: Having just done a clean install I'm quite pleased with the PDF viewer built into Edge, so will not be installing my usual PDF reader. However there is no preview in Explorer. I normally install Foxit to get the preview component. Is there anyway to get a PDF preview in...
  4. File explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents

File explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents: My name is Gad Felden. My file explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents.It should be noted that he did in the past. Could it be because of the latest windows updates?...
  5. Preview pdf in Windows 10S file explorer

Preview pdf in Windows 10S file explorer: Is there any way to preview pdf's in Windows 10S file explorer? Thanks. Tracy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pdf-in-windows-10s-file-explorer/98d9c409-9d81-45da-803c-49d24e4d751f"
  6. how does file explorer preview pane display PDF documents?

how does file explorer preview pane display PDF documents?: The file explorer preview pane can display thumbnails of PDF documents. I'd love to know how it does that because I'd like to be able to capture the thumbnail of the first page of PDFs and save the capture to an image format (e.g., jpg, png, tiff, etc). I'd like to...
  7. PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane

PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane: After an automatic Windows 10 update on Nov-14-2018 under KB4465663 and KB4467702, WIndows 10 MS-File Explorer is very sluggish and unable to show and .pdf previews, in the preview pane. Any solutions?...
  8. how can i get the preview pane inWindows 10 Explorer to display .pdf files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i get the preview pane inWindows 10 Explorer to display .pdf files?: When I select a file in Windows 10 Explorer, most files will display a preview in the preview pane. However .pdf files apparently cannot be previewed. Is there a solution?...
  9. File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf: Lately (I don't know how long, just noticed recently) Win 10 File Explorer won't show a preview of .docx or xlsx files. I have found a weird workaround: Open File Explorer, Highlight (click on) the file I want to preview. Nothing but a ding sound indicating a little window...
  10. file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane: can anyone help me in windows 7, I was able to to go into file explorer and would be able to see the document in the preview pane using PDF viewer Plus. Now I am unable to see anything. I cant seem to see any way to configure the file explorer to see any pdf files. Word files...