Windows 10: in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down...

Discus and support in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; in windows home version 22H2 when I press start, then power, then shut down, it shuts down then starts back up on its own.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DVKJ, Nov 29, 2023.

1. DVKJ Win User

in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down...

in windows home version 22H2 when I press start, then power, then shut down, it shuts down then starts back up on its own.

:)

2. PC reboots when pressing shut down button (start -> shut down) instead of actual shut down

Hi.

I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds (like it's shutting down), and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC shuts down correctly.

I don't know if it's related to the latest Windows update KB5017389 or because I've installed Linux in dual boot on my second SSD.

Also, I've tried to reset the PC using a recovery option that deletes apps and personal files. After resetting, the shut down button started to work as expected, but once I installed all my apps the problem reproduced again.

I've found some system logs within time range when I tried to shut down the PC. Link to file

Windows 11 Pro 22H2

OS build 22621.608

PC specs:

• AMD R7 2700
    • 32Gb RAM 2933MHz
    • AMD RX6800 GPU - AMD Adrenalin Edition 22.Q3 driver
    • MSI motherboard B450 chipset

Ivan Banha, Nov 29, 2023
  3. BlueOnyx Win User
    pc shuts down at power on

Finally

I have been having this exact same problem ALL DAMN YEAR, except in a more extreme sense.

I finished assembling what was to be my dream-rig about year ago

X2 4400+
    2 GIG CORSAIR 3500DLL
    ASUS AN32 SLI
    2X WD 200 GIG in RAID
    and a 7800 GT which was to stand in untill release of G80 *which is now*

but the one componant which i have been suss on is the PSU which is rated at 400watts.
    It is a SilentX IXtrema , it was not a cheap PSU by any means, as it was *apparently* the quietest available on the market.....
    but take my word for it, SilentX are overpriced !.

Anyway i have not been able to afford a PSU , as i am still paying this bloody rig off on CCard.

This has caused nothing short of hell for me over the last year, this rig has been stable as a AHDD suffering African tree monkey on crack.

Now this is how i power up my rig, should it be turnt-off *which is rarely lately as you would guess*

PRESS... "BRRRRR" SHUT OFF
    PRESS BRRRRRR" SHUT OFF
    PRESS BRRRRRR SHUT OFF
    PRESS BRRRRRRRRRRRRR SHUT OFF
    PRESS BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SHUT OFF
    PRESS BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHUT OFF
    PRESS BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *POST* *STALL* SHUT OFF
    PRESS BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *POST* WINDOWS LOADING SHUT OFF
    PRESS BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *POST* WINDOWS LOADING SHUT OFF
    PRESS BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *POST* WINDOWS LOADING...
    BOOT UP...........

and realistically, extend that cycle above by about 3X.

and then from there........odddly FKing enough.......... everything is FKING ROSEY. *Mad in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down... :mad: *Mad in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down... :mad: *Mad in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down... :mad:

This has been seriously pissing me off *lol im getting angry just writing about it*

Anyway, i heard some rubbish about the AN32 MB"s having compatibity issues with certain ANTEC PSU's, so i wonder if it is the same with the SILENTX PSU which ive been using..

I just pray, when i do actually install a 600WATT PSU, that this shit ceases........

BlueOnyx, Nov 29, 2023
  4. in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down...

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down...

1. in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down... - Similar Threads - home version 22H2

2. PC shutting down on start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting down on start: Hello,I own Windows 11 home, recently my computer started offering the option to update on shutdown. I did not update. 3 days ago I turned the computer on normally, after about 10 seconds it shut down as in power failure - i.e. immediately, after about 5 seconds it started up...
  3. PC shutting down on start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shutting down on start: Hello,I own Windows 11 home, recently my computer started offering the option to update on shutdown. I did not update. 3 days ago I turned the computer on normally, after about 10 seconds it shut down as in power failure - i.e. immediately, after about 5 seconds it started up...
  4. PC not shutting down when pressing the button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not shutting down when pressing the button: I've been having this issue for some time now. When I click on the windows button and press "shut down" the PC starts loading normally it takes about 30 secs as if it would shut down, then everything turns off for 1 second and after that the PC vents start spinning again and...
  5. PC not shutting down when pressing the button

PC not shutting down when pressing the button: I've been having this issue for some time now. When I click on the windows button and press "shut down" the PC starts loading normally it takes about 30 secs as if it would shut down, then everything turns off for 1 second and after that the PC vents start spinning again and...
  6. in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in windows home version 22H2 when I press start then power then shut down the pc shuts down...: in windows home version 22H2 when I press start, then power, then shut down, it shuts down then starts back up on its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-home-version-22h2-when-i-press-start/c61c1fea-86ef-4ba5-be6d-0bd94a47800c
  7. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  8. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  9. Computer does not shut down when I press the power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer does not shut down when I press the power button: Hey So I have set the options to shut down when I press the power button from power option, system settings but when I press the power button, nothing happens. Can anyone give me a solution to this?...
  10. power on/shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...