Windows 10: In Windows Security, what does remove from quarantine mean?

Discus and support In Windows Security, what does remove from quarantine mean? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender quarantined a threat. When I look at what was blocked, the security offers two choices, Remove or Allow. My question is what do those... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 4Goldens, Jan 16, 2020.

1. 4Goldens Win User

In Windows Security, what does remove from quarantine mean?

Windows Defender quarantined a threat. When I look at what was blocked, the security offers two choices, Remove or Allow. My question is what do those actions really mean? I interpret Remove to mean permanently remove from the device and Allow to mean override Defender and restore the item flagged to its original location.

Can someone please confirm?

:)

4Goldens, Jan 16, 2020
  2. ALN
    ALN Win User

How do I remove quarantined threats

Windows Defender did what it is designed to do - quarantined a Trojan. Now I would like to remove it from quarantine. How do I do that? I know Windows says it will removed periodically, but I do not know how long that may be, so would like to manually get it off of my system now.

The quarantine history also lists the same threat 3 times with the same date. Does that mean it tried to enter my system 3 times in the same day?

3. Smeed Win User
    how do i remove quarantined items poff my windows pc

>
    Antivirus and antimalware software: FAQ - Windows Help

"

1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender.
    2. Select the History tab.
    3. Select Quarantined items and then View details. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    Once you have reviewed the quarantined items you can:

• Select Remove all to delete all quarantined software.
    • Select individual files, and then select Remove or
      Restore
    • Select Quarantined items and then View details. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    Most files detected by Microsoft security software are quarantined. This means the file is moved and stopped from running or doing anything to your PC.

A quarantined file does not pose any risk to your PC. You can leave a file in quarantine for as long as you like.

"

========================================

Also see:

>
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17223/windows-7-microsoft-security-essentials-detects-malicious-software-pc

>
    https://www.winhelp.us/configure-microsoft-security-essentials.html

Smeed, Jan 16, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. In Windows Security, what does remove from quarantine mean? - Similar Threads - Security does remove

2. What does quarantined area means in Windows ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does quarantined area means in Windows ?: Recently when my Windows Defender detected Malicious programs which were a trojan and a worm then in protection history it was shown that these severe threats are moved to quarantined area and they can't harm your device. It was also showing that the threats will be removed...
  3. What does quarantined area means in Windows ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does quarantined area means in Windows ?: Recently when my Windows Defender detected Malicious programs which were a trojan and a worm then in protection history it was shown that these severe threats are moved to quarantined area and they can't harm your device. It was also showing that the threats will be removed...
  4. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this mean?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Every time my computer, is totally off.And I, turn it on. I see this.Does, this mean. There's a problem,with my computer?I'm, concerned. Is there a way, to stop it.Or, should I. Just not, worry about it?Thanks for reading . . ....
  5. What does removing the consent of a child mean?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What does removing the consent of a child mean?: What does removing the consent of a child mean?My child has no interest in playing or using any of the websites this company restricts her to use and at this point, I'm desperate figuring out how to remove her from the family.She's older than twelve and her birth date can...
  6. What does removing the consent of a child mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does removing the consent of a child mean?: What does removing the consent of a child mean?My child has no interest in playing or using any of the websites this company restricts her to use and at this point, I'm desperate figuring out how to remove her from the family.She's older than twelve and her birth date can...
  7. What does removing the consent of a child mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this mean?: I'm having frequent, seemingly random, full system crashes. There's no warning, no "restarting now" notification. One moment the computer is functioning normally, the next it's running through the boot cycle again. I've reset windows, uninstalled all third party apps I can...
  9. What does it meaning .....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does it meaning .....: launch, the malware creates a file at “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” containing the directory that the malware will save files in. “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” – Intended to contain directory storing keylogs and screenshots. What does it meaning, describe it English...
  10. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: What does this mean? [img] And how can I eliminate it? 94430

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does it mean for windows to quarantine