Windows 10: In WSL2 GUIs get all minimized when internet is interrupted

Discus and support In WSL2 GUIs get all minimized when internet is interrupted in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I am using: Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 23H2Installed on ‎16/‎03/‎2024OS build 22631.3527Serial number PF37PMVWExperience Windows Feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Angel Campoverde, May 23, 2024.

1. In WSL2 GUIs get all minimized when internet is interrupted

Hi,I am using: Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 23H2Installed on ‎16/‎03/‎2024OS build 22631.3527Serial number PF37PMVWExperience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1003.0inIn WSL2 GUIs get all minimized when internet is interrupted :Device name LAPTOP-3VKS47UHProcessor AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHzInstalled RAM 48.0 GB 47.4 GB usableDevice ID 952AFE01-2FA8-4E5C-BD78-E45651D71363Product ID 00331-20020-00000-AA281System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this displayThe problem is that when using WSL2 and opening GUIs, as soon as the internet connectio

:)

Angel Campoverde, May 23, 2024
  2. Flaviu2 Win User

WSL2 for windows

I have failed into installing WSL for Windows. I have read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10 how to do it, and at step 4:

1. Download the latest package:
      [COLOR=var(--text)][COLOR=var(--info-dark)] Note[/COLOR]
      If you're using an ARM64 machine, please download the ARM64 package instead. If you're not sure what kind of machine you have, open Command Prompt or PowerShell and enter: systeminfo | find "System Type".
      [/COLOR]
    2. Run the update package downloaded in the previous step. (Double-click to run - you will be prompted for elevated permissions, select ‘yes’ to approve this installation.)

I encountered:

In WSL2 GUIs get all minimized when internet is interrupted 298438d1600682026t-wsl2-windows-image.png

and

In WSL2 GUIs get all minimized when internet is interrupted 298439d1600682036t-wsl2-windows-image.png

What I did wrong ? I have the following W10 version:

In WSL2 GUIs get all minimized when internet is interrupted 298440d1600682100t-wsl2-windows-image.png

Another question: am I in the the right forum ?

Flaviu2, May 23, 2024
  3. Kex --win -s on wsl2 in windows 11 not working. I followed the instructions from Microsoft docs, failing to load the GUI. Please help

I followed all the instructions from Microsoft docs on how to install kali linux wsl2 on windows 11. Everything worked smooth, the instructions on installing kex are clear and straightforward, but launching Kali Linux GUI using command: kex --win -s always giving an error:

Error connecting to the kex server.

Please try "kex start" to start the service.

If the server fails to start, please try "kex kill" or restart your wsl2 session and try again. I tried the above steps to no avail. Please help.

SaveTheFuture, May 23, 2024
  4. In WSL2 GUIs get all minimized when internet is interrupted

WSL2

Hello,

Could anyone please tell me whether WSL2 has any kind of connection to the internet or external network or application/service?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Oliver Jenkins, May 23, 2024
Thema:

In WSL2 GUIs get all minimized when internet is interrupted

1. In WSL2 GUIs get all minimized when internet is interrupted - Similar Threads - WSL2 GUIs minimized

2. In WSL2 GUIs get all minimized when internet is interrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In WSL2 GUIs get all minimized when internet is interrupted: Hi,I am using: Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 23H2Installed on ‎16/‎03/‎2024OS build 22631.3527Serial number PF37PMVWExperience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1003.0in:Device name LAPTOP-3VKS47UHProcessor AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHzInstalled...
  3. internet connection keeps interrupting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection keeps interrupting: Im playing games and my internet keeps in dropping. I get fps and ping that will make my game disconnected everytime. It didnt happen before. I have a stable network connection connected in wired....
  4. Cannot Connect to Internet From WSL2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Connect to Internet From WSL2: I could not be able to connect to internet from WSL2. WSL2 is freshly installed on a fresh installed copy of Windows 10 Pro insider.Pinging to any site shows 100% packet loss. I cannot install nor update anything. Internet is working fine on Windows. /etc/resove.conf...
  5. Enabling Insider to get WSL2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enabling Insider to get WSL2: I just got a new laptop, and when I try to enable Insider builds, the Settings app loops on the "Register" flow. I know my account is already registered for Insider as I have Insider builds on my desktop computer. Furthermore when I log into my account on the web it says I...
  6. Minimal access to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minimal access to internet: PC only allows one window or link to open then either buffers or doesn't respond Additionally, this started when I opened my Gmail, it allowed me to open a few emails, then froze for about a minute before opening, deleting or responding. This still occurs. If I shut down...
  7. Background windows getting minimized when overlapped

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background windows getting minimized when overlapped: Hi, Whenever I drag a window slightly on top of another open window (so it overlaps), the window in the background is automatically minimized. How do I keep this from happening?? Regards Remy...
  8. Windows crushed when updating was interrupted when internet was off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows crushed when updating was interrupted when internet was off: Windows crushed when updating was interrupted when internet was off. How to recover to so that windows can run again without reinstalling? It very very tiring, annoying, waiting for boring hours of installing. This was happened many times to many different PCs even though...
  9. internet connection gets interrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    internet connection gets interrupted: After the recent update my internet connection gets interrupted so it became difficult to get access to some websites. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/internet-connection-gets-interrupted/2f579ba1-ae8f-486e-88d1-37ab6dc51740
  10. Sluggish desktop when all windows are minimized

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish desktop when all windows are minimized: I have this very weird problem using Windows 10. If I minimize all my windows, the desktop is very sluggish, selecting icons takes a second or two. But when I restore a window and handle my desktop right beside it, it's extremely responsive. It's completely stable behavior,...