Windows 10: In x86-64 version of Windows, is sysWOW64 a kind of virtual machine?

Discus and support In x86-64 version of Windows, is sysWOW64 a kind of virtual machine? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, Netizen Gigasmash thought that sysWOW64 in Windows x86-64/x64/AMD64 version, excluding ARM64 version is a kind of virtual machine. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Slymitec, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Slymitec Win User

In x86-64 version of Windows, is sysWOW64 a kind of virtual machine?

Recently, Netizen Gigasmash thought that sysWOW64 in Windows x86-64/x64/AMD64 version, excluding ARM64 version is a kind of virtual machine. Is it correct? Thank you.

:)

Slymitec, Jul 7, 2021
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jul 7, 2021
  3. S_and_S Win User
    Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Davy49 Win User

Virtual Machine Question

Hi Everyone,
    To be honest.. I've never really used the VM Player software before. I'm trying to run a virtual machine on my Windows 10 Professional 64-bit desktop. Of course I have already installed the latest version of the VM Player software, and I downloaded the latest version of Windows 10 technical preview 64-bit ISO, I've followed the steps to create a new virtual machine, but I keep receiving errors. I just wanted to check out the technical preview without installing it. Has anyone else had this issue ?
    Thanks,
    David

Davy49, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

1. In x86-64 version of Windows, is sysWOW64 a kind of virtual machine? - Similar Threads - x86 version sysWOW64

2. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine: Me want to go to Free Virtual windows thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/09a68db0-55fb-46e4-8ea2-2238cdaabe20
  3. virtual windows machine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    virtual windows machine.: Hi all, I have a device that needs to be updated using a PC, but I only have a Chromebook. Would it be possible to use the windows virtual machine and update it while it's connected to my Chromebook?...
  4. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine: So, I'm here to ask if using Windows in a VM virtual Machine Legal? Its cause I am not getting accurate answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/c2e9e1fa-15e4-4532-9864-d114aa139b86
  5. virtual machines

virtual machines: I have windows 10 pro as my main os and i want a copy of the same os so i can play around with the system configurations without harming my main os. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machines/8896c12f-46cf-4120-a190-fb287326fdf3
  6. Virtual Machine

Virtual Machine: I recently installed Hyper-V on my Lenovo Windows 10 machine and am trying to set up a Virtual Machine. I saw Andre Da Costa's post on Groovypost.com in regards to this. His post was dated January 11, 2019. I have not been able to access the BIOS setup screen, as pictured...
  7. virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual machine: I want to build an oracle VM. I have a new PC with UEFI I am not used to. It is set to the old BIOS and secure boot is disabled. I found virtualization by searching and chose to change virtualization from disabled toe enabled. Is this what I should have done to use Oracle's...
  8. How To Avoid SysWOW64 and Virtual Store?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Avoid SysWOW64 and Virtual Store?: I have win10 64 bit. I want to run a dos type batch file that will run an exe file that will download file When I do it the downloads get put in syswow64 though by rights they should go into the folder that the .exe was run from. Following some googled advice I moved the...
  9. Previous Windows version license on a Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Previous Windows version license on a Virtual Machine: I have software not compatible with windows 10. I am on Windows 10 pro, I want to use a previous windows version on a virtual machine. Do I need a full license for the VM or can I use my existing license?...
  10. Is it possible to install 64-bit version on a x86-based PC?

Is it possible to install 64-bit version on a x86-based PC?: Hi Is it possible to install the 64-bit version of Windows 10 on an "ACPI x86-based PC" even if it's processor (Core 2 Duo T5800) is 64-bit compatible? I'm trying to upgrade my old laptop from 32-bit Windows 10 to a 64-bit version. Can you help me whether should I install...