Windows 10: Inability to access router login through Win 10 (64bit) and edge

Discus and support Inability to access router login through Win 10 (64bit) and edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I cannot login to my router through win 10 and edge. I can login through Chrome. Router is a NETGEAR DGND3700V2 Makes it very difficult to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobinBirch, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Inability to access router login through Win 10 (64bit) and edge

Hi,

I cannot login to my router through win 10 and edge. I can login through Chrome.

Router is a NETGEAR DGND3700V2

Makes it very difficult to manage my home network.

I can ping the router (192.168.0.1) from the PC in powershell

Robin Birch

:)

RobinBirch, Jan 17, 2019

2. Failed to login into dlink dnr-202l using microsoft edge

Hi Kalpana,

Thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested; but the same issue showed where failed to login with user ID and password; however, the same user ID and password work when using Internet Explorer.

First steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge
    • Click more options (...)
    • Select "Settings"
    • Click button "Choose what to clear" under "Clear browsing data"
    • "Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files" are selected.
    • Click "Clear" button
    • Open new tab by clicking "+" sign
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Second steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge in private mode
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Please let me know, if there is anything I can provide to solve this issue.

Regards,

Glasgow

Shadow Eagle, Jan 17, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 17, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Inability to access router login through Win 10 (64bit) and edge

I cant access to my wifi router

You have replied twice with no reply from OP and no discernable reason.
    Reporting for spam.

RCoon, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Inability to access router login through Win 10 (64bit) and edge

1. Inability to access router login through Win 10 (64bit) and edge - Similar Threads - Inability access router

2. Inability To Boot My Windows 10 To Login Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inability To Boot My Windows 10 To Login Page: Please help: My HP Windows 10 no longer boot to login page. When powdered on, it displays "Preparing Automatic Repair“, then after running a self diagnosis ended up with this report: "Your PC did not start correctly". I have ran SFC /scannow but got this report: "Windows...
  3. 32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10: So i tried to install win 10 64 bit on 32 bit win 7. Before i boot everything i installed WinToHDD and i already reinstalled it. Everything seems be fine but then they stuck at Win Logo with Spinning Wheel in it. So i tried enter bios and boot menu everything seems fine...
  4. Win 10 no longer lists 5.0 router access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 no longer lists 5.0 router access: Why win 10 doesn't list 5.0 wireless access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-no-longer-lists-50-router-access/9ecd5855-393f-433f-8398-24b2835d7fea
  5. Win 10 no longer lists 5.0 router access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 no longer lists 5.0 router access: Why win 10 doesn't list 5.0 wireless access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-no-longer-lists-50-router-access/9ecd5855-393f-433f-8398-24b2835d7fea
  6. Win 10 no longer lists 5.0 router access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How am i accessing router login page through a VPN connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How am i accessing router login page through a VPN connection.: Recently i have changed my ISP router to a third party router, and somehow i can access my router login page through a VPN connection but i cant access my USB NAS, Technically i should not be able to access anything on local network through a VPN. I don't understand this...
  8. Problem accessing Netgear router login page from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem accessing Netgear router login page from Windows 10: My home router is an admittedly ancient (but still works) Netgear WGR614v9. On rare occasions typically when someone in the family has a new device to which I need to give access, I'll go to routerlogin.com which is the web page Netgear has to administer the router. I don't...
  9. Reactivation Win 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation Win 10 64bit: I've got a problem similar to this post : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reactivation-win-10-64bit/1de132a8-ddc1-4675-bd7d-5896c5d46fbd?page=3 The original post : My Dell computer came with Windows 7 Pro and auto upgrade to Win 10 which I did a few...
  10. Reactivation Win 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation Win 10 64bit: My Dell computer came with Windows 7 Pro and auto upgrade to Win 10 which I did a few years ago. My original HD crashed and had bad sector, so replaced with SSD HD 6 months ago. Transferred everything at that time from the old HD to new SSD, plus installed old HD in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to access router ip using win10

2. unable to access netgear rc7000 via explorer win 10

3. how to securely log in to netgear router using win 10 pc