Windows 10: INABILITY TO ACCESS WINDOWS DEFENDER ON MY SYSTEM

Discus and support INABILITY TO ACCESS WINDOWS DEFENDER ON MY SYSTEM in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; it was trouble updating my windows defender and it keeps telling me windows defender is turned off and it is currently being manage by your system... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pelvictunes, Jan 19, 2020.

1. INABILITY TO ACCESS WINDOWS DEFENDER ON MY SYSTEM

it was trouble updating my windows defender and it keeps telling me windows defender is turned off and it is currently being manage by your system administrator and also told to consult my system administrator which i do not know how to go about it.

I will be glad if someone can provide solutions or technical support on this problem. Thanks

:)

pelvictunes, Jan 19, 2020

2. "Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Windows Defender automatically disabled

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the Windows Defender works.

Method 1:

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Try to
    run the Windows Defender in safe mode

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender.
    • Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • It may prompts you to enter the password.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, place the computer in normal mode and check for the Windows Defender services.

Step 1: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Once you are in normal mode, I suggest you to check for the
    Windows Defender services.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter
    • Search for Windows Defender, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    • Do the same for Windows Defender Network Inspection Service.
    • Now check if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

INABILITY TO ACCESS WINDOWS DEFENDER ON MY SYSTEM

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

INABILITY TO ACCESS WINDOWS DEFENDER ON MY SYSTEM

1. INABILITY TO ACCESS WINDOWS DEFENDER ON MY SYSTEM - Similar Threads - INABILITY ACCESS DEFENDER

2. inability to Reactivate my Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    inability to Reactivate my Windows 10 pro: I have been trying to reactivate my Windows but it keeps telling me to contact my organization's support person. I don't know which one this is.Any help please, I'd be so grateful...
  3. inability to use my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    inability to use my pc: this all started when i tried to remove my signin password, so i watched a yt video and i was required to win + R > enter "netplwiz" so then i was like messaging about with the ui and then i removed my own account actually idk if i did so now whenever i try to logon to...
  4. Inability to log on my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inability to log on my computer: Hi, I tried unsuccessfully to log into my laptop. I retrieved the 48-digit bitLocker recovery key which I entered correctly several times. I kept coming back to the same page requesting for the recovery key. How can I resolve this matter please?...
  5. No access to Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No access to Windows Defender?: Good day! Recently I noticed that my Windows defender was not activated. But when I pressed the Windows message, I got this message: "Page not available. Your administrator has restricted access to some areas of this app". So I can't activate Windows defender and I...
  6. Windows Defender’s Controlled Folder Access blocking System 32

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender’s Controlled Folder Access blocking System 32: Hey there, am I the only one having issues with Defender’s Controller Folder Access? The feature works as intended but my problem is it’s blocking System32 tasks. I saw posts from more than a year ago but no reports of this issue recently. Things blocked by CFA:...
  7. Inability to access music files on my ipod touch from my Windows 10 pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inability to access music files on my ipod touch from my Windows 10 pc.: I have admittedly old ipod touch, where over time the functionality & availability of apps have reduced it to not much more than storage / player for music. I have tried to access the music stored on the device via a usb cable on my HP laptop operating on a Windows 10...
  8. Can anybody help me with my win10 system's inability to restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anybody help me with my win10 system's inability to restart?: Hi, and thanks in advance to anybody who even reads to the end of this! Short version of my problem, to be followed by longer version. Short version: Windows 10 laptop powers off-and-on okay, but won't restart. Long version: I have an MSI GS40 6QE laptop running Windows 10,...
  9. Inability to download or stream my purchases.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Inability to download or stream my purchases.: Hello, Could anyone provide some insight to the status of the Microsoft servers? I have been trying to view and download my purchases from the Movies &. TV app with no luck. I have also tried from the Microsoft store. Is this a problem on the network or my computer. I am...
  10. Inability to scan my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Inability to scan my computer.: I recently started using windows defender. But of recent when I try to scan my computer it pops up ' the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation. code error 0x8007139f. I did an application update the day before it started. Please...