Windows 10: Inability to generate a Recovery Drive on new Windows 10 - 64 bit PC

Discus and support Inability to generate a Recovery Drive on new Windows 10 - 64 bit PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Unable to Create Recovery Drive: There are a lot of posts on this but I haven't found a solution that works :( Have tried 2 brand new Kingston 16gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeraldJ, Sep 19, 2018.

1. GeraldJ Win User

Inability to generate a Recovery Drive on new Windows 10 - 64 bit PC

Unable to Create Recovery Drive:

There are a lot of posts on this but I haven't found a solution that works Inability to generate a Recovery Drive on new Windows 10 - 64 bit PC :(

Have tried 2 brand new Kingston 16gb USB sticks, but process always fails at around 75%

on progress bar.
    I'm using option to back up system files too.

(Not selecting "System Files" it works).

As someone suggested tried formatting to NTFS but made no difference.

Error screen below.

Any fixes anyone?

Inability to generate a Recovery Drive on new Windows 10 - 64 bit PC 552bafdc-0b31-4735-b790-7cbab41a03da?upload=true.png

:)

GeraldJ, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Larrypa11 Win User
    Installing windows 10 pro 64 bit on new PC

I want to Install windows 10 pro 64 bit on new PC , On my old PC I have windows 10 pro 32 bit , 9 years ago I bought old PC with OEM Vista OS , about 2-3 years ago I purchased windows 8 pro 32 bit for $40 by a download from microsoft and clean installed
    this on old PC on a new hard drive, since then I upgraded to windows 8.1 pro 32 bit and then upgraded to windows 10 pro 32 bit. Can I directly install the windows 10 pro 64 bit on new PC by USB drive created by mediacreationtool program or do I have to install
    windows 8 pro 32 bit via my windows 8 recovery CD then upgrade to win 8.1 pro 32 bit , then install windows 10 pro 64 bit on new PC by USB drive created by mediacreationtool program? Also will there be any activation issues?

Larrypa11, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z update loop (Windows 10 64-bit)

I don't have better steps - this is all, I have nothing to add.

Maybe it is worth noting issue was on Windows 10 Enterprise, build 14393.187, so maybe you should test on the same.
    My other PCs have a different Windows 10 version - Pro, latest Insider Preview build from last week, and there is no such issue on those.
    All are 64-bit edition of Windows 10.

This issue is not new. I have had same 1-2 years ago too, with older GPU-Z versions.

EDIT: And yes, I have Windows 10 UAC enabled and set to defaults. If you are using your Windows PCs with UAC off, you likely cannot reproduce this issue. *Smile Inability to generate a Recovery Drive on new Windows 10 - 64 bit PC :)

Thema:

1. Inability to generate a Recovery Drive on new Windows 10 - 64 bit PC - Similar Threads - Inability generate Recovery

2. windows 10 64 on 32 bit pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 64 on 32 bit pc: I installed windows 10 64 on a 32 bit pc will it work just fine or ...... plz help am not sure about if it gonna work smoothly or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-64-on-32-bit-pc/c88f5c2f-eac5-4f0a-b531-d65902ff64e9
  3. Windows 10 - 64 bit on my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - 64 bit on my pc: I ran windows repair and afterwards the computer rebooted, but the mouse, keyboard and dvd were not working. Closed down and rebooted and this is what no keyboard, or mouse and USB legacy support disabled. USB's and DVD do not working and therefore pressing "F1" and "Del"...
  4. 64 Bit Recovery disk

64 Bit Recovery disk: My 64 bit copy of windows 10 Pro will not allow me to create a Recovery disk. When attempting to create a recovery disk it says I am missing some essential files. My 32 bit copy on another Computer allows me to do this with no problems. I installed both copies from the same...
  5. Windows 10 64 bit intall not working on new PC build.

Windows 10 64 bit intall not working on new PC build.: Hello, I am new to all of this, and just completed my first PC build. When I use my windows 10 usb when booting, I receive the option for 64 bit or 32 bit. When I select the 64 bit, I get the attached error. I am able to boot with the 32 bit option, but have the hardware...
  6. 32-bit Windows 10 in 64-bit PC

32-bit Windows 10 in 64-bit PC: My PC has 64-bit archtecture and runs 64-bit Windows 10 Home version 1903. I have an old but well working printer with only a 32-bit driver. I need to run 32-bit Windows 10 to be able to use the printer. I have downloaded 32-bit Windows.iso and "burned " it on a USB hard...
  7. Window 10 Home 64 bit recovery

Window 10 Home 64 bit recovery: Window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-home-64-bit-recovery/458e4a83-5038-4063-a44b-25fa5f84aa91
  8. Recovery of windows 10 home os 64 bit.

Recovery of windows 10 home os 64 bit.: Hi, can’t open folder explorer and control panel. Throws error: windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Can’t access start button. Search does not work. The problem started 2 days ago. Tried...
  9. Windows 10 64 Bit Auto Recovery fails to run

Windows 10 64 Bit Auto Recovery fails to run: My computer was messed up after I installed Fix It Utilities. Since then, Explorer freezes and crashes and prevents other programs from running until it reopens. It almost seems that the processor is over loaded. I use AVG Ultimate and it shows my system is free from Viruses....
  10. How to install a new windows 10 64 bit on top windows 10 32 bit PC?

How to install a new windows 10 64 bit on top windows 10 32 bit PC?: Hello. Can anyone please help???. I have a Lenovo PC that is running on Windows 10 pro 32 bit. I purchased a new Windows 10 professional installation link that is compatible with both 32 and 64 bit. I am trying to install this new windows and change my PC to 64 bit. I...