Windows 10: Inability to Update Windows, which is making my device more vulnerable to malwares

Discus and support Inability to Update Windows, which is making my device more vulnerable to malwares in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been facing this issue for the past 4 days. My current version of Windows is 1903 and i'm facing a very big difficulty in terms of updating it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChandiniP, Jul 5, 2020.

1. ChandiniP Win User

Inability to Update Windows, which is making my device more vulnerable to malwares

I have been facing this issue for the past 4 days. My current version of Windows is 1903 and i'm facing a very big difficulty in terms of updating it to 2004 version. This is the error i got.

Inability to Update Windows, which is making my device more vulnerable to malwares fff2eae7-e302-4c8b-973e-c437e52c4225?upload=true.jpg

Several other problems roped in, mostly related to this. I tried installing an antivirus but the installation process is making the system hang. Windows Defender is also not working. When i opened it, the application was mostly blank. I can't click on anything.

Inability to Update Windows, which is making my device more vulnerable to malwares 1fc0a1a4-816b-49fa-be14-008e21b3b39d?upload=true.jpg

This is very serious. I'm unable to install an antivirus and at the same time , i'm unable to use Windows Defender. Please help!

Also, i did use the 'Get Help' feature from Microsoft. The Advisor gave me the commands for Command Prompt and other stuff and turns out that the wuauserv service is not opening and the System cannot find the file specified. With the guidance of the advisor, i also did the scan using command prompt but that did not work either.

Because of all of this, my system has become vulnerable to malware and i'm unable to defend the system from any malware because i can't install them! Also my system is hanging down occasionally.

Please provide any possible solution to all of this.

:)

ChandiniP, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Yukikaze Win User

WPA2 Vulnerability Found

A small update with regards to the Microsoft fix. The fix itself is sufficient to solve the issue on Windows, even if your WiFi device has no driver update, with one caveat:

Does this security update fully address these vulnerabilities on Microsoft Platforms, or do I need to perform any additional steps to be fully protected?
    The provided security updates address the reported vulnerabilities; however, when affected Windows based systems enter a connected standby mode in low power situations, the vulnerable functionality may be offloaded to installed Wi-Fi hardware. To fully address potential vulnerabilities, you are also encouraged to contact your Wi-Fi hardware vendor to obtain updated device drivers. For a listing of affected vendors with links to their documentation, review the ICASI Multi-Vendor Vulnerability Disclosure statement here: Statement from the Industry Consortium for Advancement of Security on the Internet (ICASI) on the Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) Vulnerabilities

Source: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2017-13080

Yukikaze, Jul 5, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Flaw in Intel chips could make malware attacks more potent

Surely they could have just tried their program on other recent Core generations to see if they're vulnerable too? It's trivial to do so and would make their research more valuable. That they haven't suggests that it's just Haswell that's affected, a Core generation that's no longer even sold.

This also shows up ASLR's big weakness: there has to be a memory pointer somewhere to make it work so malware simply has to get to it to nullify ASLR. This was obvious since I first heard of ASLR.

qubit, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Inability to Update Windows, which is making my device more vulnerable to malwares

New StrandHogg vulnerability for Android

Read more:

Brink, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Inability to Update Windows, which is making my device more vulnerable to malwares - Similar Threads - Inability Update making

2. Inability to Detect Boot Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inability to Detect Boot Device: Hi, After a force shutdown I can’t boot my windows 11.I vaguely remember receiving a software prompt indicating low disk space or something and the need to force close that application. Then the system froze mouse still movable, and I had to perform a force shutdown. Then in...
  3. Inability to Detect Boot Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inability to Detect Boot Device: Hi, After a force shutdown I can’t boot my windows 11.I vaguely remember receiving a software prompt indicating low disk space or something and the need to force close that application. Then the system froze mouse still movable, and I had to perform a force shutdown. Then in...
  4. make my notepad more better

in Windows 10 Gaming
    make my notepad more better: need help my txtxs notepad need fixs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-my-notepad-more-better/7e3e9e4b-60e1-4b23-abaa-1f40834523f0
  5. make my notepad more better

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    make my notepad more better: need help my txtxs notepad need fixs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-my-notepad-more-better/7e3e9e4b-60e1-4b23-abaa-1f40834523f0
  6. Inability to install any Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inability to install any Windows Updates: Hello all, Believe me when I say I've done my research before posting here. The problem I'm having is that none of my Windows updates will install. Sometimes it will download to a certain percentage, then freeze and eventually error out - or sometimes it'll get to "Getting...
  7. malware and no more permissions to my pc changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware and no more permissions to my pc changes: Recently i downloaded a malware on my pc and now i am not allowed to change permissions to my pc , edit , delete files , and sometimes when i CLICK it opens me a random link with other malwares , i am not allowed to open even real time antivirus protection i tried everything...
  8. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and windows 10 causes inability to sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and windows 10 causes inability to sleep?: Not sure how widespread this issue is, but I my laptop started having issues while going to sleep for the second time. What I mean is when I press the power button or select sleep from the power menu, it goes to sleep just fine and even resumes normally. You can continue to...
  9. Vulnerability in windows "Movies & TV" application allows for code execution and malware

Vulnerability in windows "Movies & TV" application allows for code execution and malware: Heyo, downloaded a movie online that came in .MKV format, when opened, throws out an error code, the thing that pretty much installed a **** load of malware onto my craptop, including a bitcoin miner. Is anyone familiar with this vulnerability? Any fixes coming soon?...
  10. Why do you make Windows so vulnerable?

Why do you make Windows so vulnerable?: Excess apps that cannot be uninstalled are a security threat. Windows 10 is way too invasive has loads of features that I would call Apps such as Cortana and Edge I would dearly love to uninstall. I do not just want to disable them. I want to uninstall them to my mind...