Windows 10: inablity to have USB show up on list so I can use it

Discus and support inablity to have USB show up on list so I can use it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I put in the USB stick, it does not show up on the list of devices so I can not use it. Any insight?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lyras, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Lyras Win User

inablity to have USB show up on list so I can use it

When I put in the USB stick, it does not show up on the list of devices so I can not use it. Any insight?

:)

Lyras, Feb 13, 2019

2. My computer doesn't show usb drives in the list

Hi Mike,

There are a couple of reasons why you run into this issue. This can be associated with a corrupted Device Manager. Another possible cause is disconnecting a USB drive immediately without safely removing it from the Notifications area.

For us to isolate the issue further, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are other accessories aside from the USB drives recognized properly?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. This automated tool has been proven to identify and resolve hardware or device issues. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Search.
    • Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Another step we can try is by using the Windows USB Troubleshooter. This method had helped a lot of users experiencing troubles with devices not being recognized. Refer to this article:

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems

We will wait for your response so we can help you further with this issue.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Feb 13, 2019
  4. inablity to have USB show up on list so I can use it

USB problems

checked all of those suggestions an still no luck. They show as being there and enabled but doesnt recognize anything you plug into them. I got a driver checker as well and it lists the drivers as up to date. could this be a bad motherboard?

tommys2827, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

inablity to have USB show up on list so I can use it

1. inablity to have USB show up on list so I can use it - Similar Threads - inablity USB show

2. How can I have it so my antivirus and threat protection show up in my Windows security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I have it so my antivirus and threat protection show up in my Windows security?: I recently tried accessing the antivirus and threat protection but every time I try it says the It had blocked the page and its not available. I have spent many hours trying different ways to fix it and none of them fixed my problem. Every solution I have tried have just...
  3. How can I have it so my antivirus and threat protection show up in my Windows security?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I have it so my antivirus and threat protection show up in my Windows security?: I recently tried accessing the antivirus and threat protection but every time I try it says the It had blocked the page and its not available. I have spent many hours trying different ways to fix it and none of them fixed my problem. Every solution I have tried have just...
  4. inability to use my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    inability to use my pc: this all started when i tried to remove my signin password, so i watched a yt video and i was required to win + R > enter "netplwiz" so then i was like messaging about with the ui and then i removed my own account actually idk if i did so now whenever i try to logon to...
  5. USB not showing up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not showing up.: Hey, if anyone can help with this problem of mine, that would be great. I'm on Windows 10 with a Surface. I have an ExtremePro USB3.1 Type-C hard disk box. It was working perfectly fine until it fell off my bed and seemed to have disconnected from my cable. Ever since then,...
  6. PC not showing up on device list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC not showing up on device list: So my PC wont show up on my device list on my microsoft account. I've never really explored the ins and outs of having a microsoft account until recently when I discovered I had to download a windows 10 compatible version of a game in order to update it. After purchasing said...
  7. Can I use a bootable USB that has windows 10 so I can store data on it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use a bootable USB that has windows 10 so I can store data on it?: Can I store data on a bootable windows 10 USB? submitted by /u/DontDare6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flb8kg/can_i_use_a_bootable_usb_that_has_windows_10_so_i/
  8. My device is not showing up so that i can download games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device is not showing up so that i can download games: I have a Microsoft account I did the game pass and now it will not let me download any games and is saying I don't have any devices to download on to but when I look at my authorized devices my laptop is on there...
  9. Can I use USB for LPT1?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I use USB for LPT1?: Hi. I have downloaded and installed my printer driver--but I think I chose the wrong port. How do I choose? Does my USB function as LPT1? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-usb-for/66770cd7-613e-400d-966a-1d0661547a68
  10. Windows Apps Not Showing Up In List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps Not Showing Up In List: Ok, so basically i downloaded Netflix to my laptop. Then I went to put a shortcut on my desktop but it wasn't under "All Apps" I went to go uninstall it but I couldn't since it wasn't in the list. It is accessible if i go into the windows store and open it from there. But...