Windows 10: Inaccesable Flash Drive

Discus and support Inaccesable Flash Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Anyone know how to recover a flash drive that’s suddenly become inaccessible? Here’s the issue, I plug in a 64gg SanDisk flash drive and click on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sygnus21, Jul 17, 2017.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Inaccesable Flash Drive

Anyone know how to recover a flash drive that’s suddenly become inaccessible?

Here’s the issue, I plug in a 64gg SanDisk flash drive and click on it and Windows advises me to "Insert a disk, and then try again"

Inaccesable Flash Drive [​IMG]

Anyway, anyone know how to recover this drive? Don’t care about the files, just want the drive being it’s a 64 gigger.

BTW I'm also unable to format drive...

Inaccesable Flash Drive [​IMG]

:)

sygnus21, Jul 17, 2017

2. How to delete faster

If you are sure you want to delete everything from the disk drive you could do a quick format of the drive.

Go into File Explorer and right-click the relevant drive and select Format. In the box ensure that Quick Format is ticked and click Start. This will empty your drive in a matter of minutes, any data you might have wanted will be inaccesible.

Alan Russell, Jul 17, 2017
  3. Windows startup error inaccesable boot drive help please!

I have recently downloaded Windows 10 from the update and noticed my pc was a bit slow so I reset my pc so I could delete all of my files but keep Windows 10.when it was almost done it restarted my pc and now I have the blue screen it says it needs to restart
    and it repeats its self I have my Windows 7 installation disk and I am will to do a fresh install but I do not know how to can some one please help?

mark()()(), Jul 17, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Inaccesable Flash Drive

Unplug the flash drive. From the power icon on the start menu click Restart to do a full restart of the computer. Once it back up and stable, plug the flash drive back in. Then open either a Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) or Win+R to open a run dialog. Run diskpart. In diskpart run:
    list disk

Copy and paste the results. Then exit and exit to exit diskpart and then exit the command window.

NavyLCDR, Jul 17, 2017
  5. sygnus21 Win User
    Thanks but I stumbled upon a solution here - Fix 'Please insert a disk into removable disk' without losing data

I didn't follow all the procedures, just the part about going to Disk Manager and changing drive letters. Problem was when I first went to Disk Management, I didn't see the drive because I was looking for a drive letter. However, the drive was showing as unformatted so I simply formatted the drive.

Oddly, it formatted in RAW, but reformatting got it to NTFS. After that, I assigned a drive letter and all was good. Didn't worry about data recovery because I knew there was nothing there to worry about.

Anyway all is good now. Thanks. And thanks for the tip. +1 *Smile

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Inaccesable Flash Drive

1. Inaccesable Flash Drive - Similar Threads - Inaccesable Flash Drive

2. Flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash drive: How do you make it so when you plug in a flash drive it automatically displays a folder or file on your desktop, that is from the usb drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive/999285e6-d24b-4ff5-ac56-0f6f5fdc56b7
  3. Flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash drive: How do you make it so when you plug in a flash drive it automatically displays a folder or file on your desktop, that is from the usb drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive/999285e6-d24b-4ff5-ac56-0f6f5fdc56b7
  4. External hard drive inaccesable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive inaccesable: My external hard drive does not appear in my files and I am unable to access it. The thing I don't understand is that it appears in disk management and in device management as online and running as it should, but despite this fact, it won't show up anywhere on my computer no...
  5. Inaccesible boot device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inaccesible boot device: Hi. How can i fix this error? I tried numerous metods but it didn't work. I've also reset the Windows. This error occurs the first 3 times the PC reboots. Version 20H2 submitted by /u/szztefan [link] [comments]...
  6. BIOS is inaccesible.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BIOS is inaccesible.: On my Lenovo Thinkcentre M72E, It boots up just fine, but I can't get into the BIOS at all. When I start the computer up, it goes directly to windows and doesn't give me any option to get into the BIOS or boot menu. Everything on the computer is working just fine. It has a...
  7. Inaccesible boot device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inaccesible boot device: So the other day my friend had a few drivers to update. He updated some but then there was one where he had to restart the pc after. Thats when windows got stuck on an automatic repair loop. Now when he starts the pc it says «Your computer is experiencing a problem and needs...
  8. Flash Drive

Flash Drive: I received the following message when I inserted my flash drive: "You need to format the disc in drive D: before you can use it." I used this thumb drive all day yesterday, have a ton of working documents on it. If I must format this disc will I lose all my work. I have...
  9. STOPCODE ERROR INACCESABLE BOOT DRIVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STOPCODE ERROR INACCESABLE BOOT DRIVE: Hello, I have a windows 10 laptop, I shut it down 2 nights ago and when I re-opened it today I got this Stopcode error Inaccesable boot drive message on a blue screen. I tried wiping my ssd with the reset option it failed, I opened command prompt and i figured out my...
  10. USB disks/drives inaccesible due to Driver issue

USB disks/drives inaccesible due to Driver issue: Few days ago when I was trying to access one of my USB flash disks, it wasn't visible in the Explorer but, heard the sound of detection of the device by windows. Checked Device manager and saw the "Yellow sign with exclamation" on the device under "Disk drives". Under...