Windows 10: INACCESSEBLE BOOT DEVICE After SCSI Adaptor driver update

Discus and support INACCESSEBLE BOOT DEVICE After SCSI Adaptor driver update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So an automatic update crashed my system with INACCESSEBLE BOOT DEVICE. I have managed to restore the system to a previous state using system restore.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arnefar_DK, May 7, 2021.

1. INACCESSEBLE BOOT DEVICE After SCSI Adaptor driver update

So an automatic update crashed my system with INACCESSEBLE BOOT DEVICE. I have managed to restore the system to a previous state using system restore. However the update keeps coming up, before I manged to turn autormatic updates off. So now the system is waiting for a reboot wich will update the driver, and crash my system again.The driver in question is: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - SCSIAdapter - 9.3.0.221I think it is the driver for my M2 device boot.How do i disable the update, and why are MS pushing out updates that crashes the system?By the way it took me 1/½ hour to get m

:)

Arnefar_DK, May 7, 2021

2. SCSI Device shows during boot but not in Windows 10 device manager

I have a SCSI device (imacon scanner) which shows up during boot.

When windows is started the device doesn't show in the device manager.

The SCSI card's (LSI20320IE) driver is installed and working correctly, according to the device manager.

I have tried attaching a different SCSI device (a Agfa Duo Scan) which shows up during boot and in the device manager.

That being said the device appears 8 times in the device manager.

Any ideas that might cause this, and how to solve it?

Kind regards

Simonde Jager, May 7, 2021
  3. USB Attached SCSI Mass Storage Device, Code: 19

• Probably. This has been happening for a couple months and I have just been working around it. When it originally occurred I did a a system restore to the earliest restore point I had but the issue persisted.
    • I just ran Dell's tool and updated my BIOS.
    • I have not made any changes to the BIOS.

I am able to make my devices work, if after they are plugged in and I am shown the yellow exclamation mark, I follow these steps. However, once I unplug/plugin again I have to go through these steps again.
    Sometimes device manager doesn't find the device automatically and I have to right click and "scan for hardware changes."

• Right click on the device.
    • "Update driver".
    • "Browse my computer for driver software".
    • "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer".
    • Then, in the list of available drivers I can choose the appropriate one.
      • For a mouse: "USB Input Device".
      • For a HDD: "USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device".
    That works, but if I have to do that every time I plug anything in, it is going to get tiresome.

Additionally:

Any other suggestions?

someonewhohasaproblem, May 7, 2021
  4. zinou Win User

INACCESSEBLE BOOT DEVICE After SCSI Adaptor driver update

Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer

Hi,

I think that the issue is caused by the "Generic HDD SCSI Disk Device" driver

INACCESSEBLE BOOT DEVICE After SCSI Adaptor driver update [​IMG]

you have 8 disk drive attached to your computer:
    1. Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
    2. Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
    3. ST4000DM004-2CV104
    4. TOSHIBA DT01ACA200
    5. WDC WD20EARX-008FB0
    6. Generic HDD SCSI Disk Device
    7. Seagate BUP BK SCSI Disk Device
    8. Kingston DT Elite G2 USB Device

I would suggest you uninstall the Generic driver from the device manager;
    • Open device manager and display the hidden devices;
    • Generic "HDD SCSI Disk Device" under disk driver and uninstall it.

INACCESSEBLE BOOT DEVICE After SCSI Adaptor driver update [​IMG]

zinou, May 7, 2021
Thema:

INACCESSEBLE BOOT DEVICE After SCSI Adaptor driver update

1. INACCESSEBLE BOOT DEVICE After SCSI Adaptor driver update - Similar Threads - INACCESSEBLE BOOT DEVICE

2. Display driver adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver adaptor: I have Dell Latitude E5570 laptopwin 10 proGraphics card is showing two drivers1. AMD2.IntelIf I disable any one of the driver and restart laptop what will happen? it will enable automaticallyKindly give me suggestion as soon as possible...
  3. Display driver adaptor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display driver adaptor: I have Dell Latitude E5570 laptopwin 10 proGraphics card is showing two drivers1. AMD2.IntelIf I disable any one of the driver and restart laptop what will happen? it will enable automaticallyKindly give me suggestion as soon as possible...
  4. Display driver adaptor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Missing Base System Device driver and ISATAP Adaptor Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Base System Device driver and ISATAP Adaptor Driver: Base System Device - NTPNP_PC10014Micro ISATAP Adaptor - 00000001Does anyone know where I can download these 2 individual drivers. Have searched for weeks but no luck - this computer has NO Internet Connection so all those Driver Updater things are useless - they will not...
  6. Missing Base System Device driver and ISATAP Adaptor Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Base System Device driver and ISATAP Adaptor Driver: Base System Device - NTPNP_PC10014Micro ISATAP Adaptor - 00000001Does anyone know where I can download these 2 individual drivers. Have searched for weeks but no luck - this computer has NO Internet Connection so all those Driver Updater things are useless - they will not...
  7. Inaccessible boot device after installing drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible boot device after installing drivers: After installing drivers for my motherboard and restarting my computer, windows kept saying inaccessible boot device. Is there a way to reset the drivers or get into windows to reset the drivers?...
  8. Intel SCSI Adapter update causes boot problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel SCSI Adapter update causes boot problems: I rec'd an Intel SCSI Adapter update V 17.5.3.1026, this AM, thru the Windows update screen. After the install I immediately has boot up problems. The boot up would stall at the Dell logo screen and go no further. I was able to get to boot up once in a while by powering off...
  9. Driver for network adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Driver for network adaptor: I'm trying to install realtek network adapter but it is showing me that "windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (code 56)". And also it is not showing any adapter in change adapter settings except kaspersky adapter. Im not able to get internet...
  10. Adaptec 39320A SCSI drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adaptec 39320A SCSI drivers: You can download and use the Windows 7 drivers from the Adaptec support site, these seem to work fine (at least on x64). Other Adaptec cards may also work using the Windows 7 drivers. HtH Dave 16240

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scsia adapter 9.3.0.221