Windows 10: INACCESSIBILITY OF PROGRAMS AND APPS AFTER UPDATE

Discus and support INACCESSIBILITY OF PROGRAMS AND APPS AFTER UPDATE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Team, I need your assistance. I recently updated my windows 10 after being prompted by laptop about the availability of the update. Ever since the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CyrilAmega, Jul 5, 2020.

1. INACCESSIBILITY OF PROGRAMS AND APPS AFTER UPDATE

Hi Team,

I need your assistance. I recently updated my windows 10 after being prompted by laptop about the availability of the update. Ever since the update was completed, i am unable to access the progams and apps on the laptop, e.g. mail, calendar, calculator, netflix, windows store.

Any attempt to access these either greys out the program icon or shows some sort of white completion status bar beneath the icon.

Kindly help.

:)

CyrilAmega, Jul 5, 2020

2. My computer recently had an update (it already had Windows 10), but two days after I noticed some of my programs and apps no longer function correctly.

Hi,

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Which update was installed recently on your computer?
    • Which apps\programs are not working?
    • Are you getting any error message when opening the program\apps?

I suggest you to uninstall the Windows update which has caused the issue, refer to the below steps to uninstall the updates and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X key”, go to “Programs and features”.
    • On the left hand side, click on “View installed updates”.
    • Right click on the Update after that caused issue and click on
      “Uninstall”.
    • It will prompt for confirmation to uninstall the update, click on
      “YES” and the update will be uninstalled,
    • Restart the computer and check whether the programs\apps are working or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 5, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done INACCESSIBILITY OF PROGRAMS AND APPS AFTER UPDATE :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 5, 2020
  4. INACCESSIBILITY OF PROGRAMS AND APPS AFTER UPDATE

INACCESSIBILITY OF PROGRAMS AND APPS AFTER UPDATE

Hi Team,

I need your assistance. I recently updated my windows 10 after being prompted by laptop about the availability of the update. Ever since the update was completed, i am unable to access the progams and apps on the laptop, e.g. mail, calendar, calculator,
    netflix, windows store.

Any attempt to access these either greys out the program icon or shows some sort of white completion status bar beneath the icon.

Kindly help.

CyrilAmega, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

INACCESSIBILITY OF PROGRAMS AND APPS AFTER UPDATE

1. INACCESSIBILITY OF PROGRAMS AND APPS AFTER UPDATE - Similar Threads - INACCESSIBILITY PROGRAMS APPS

2. Missing program/app after random update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing program/app after random update.: Looking for a little help. After being a Windows guy since 3.1 I jumped ship a few years back and while I try to keep up with things as my wife uses and likes Windows I'm a little out of the game. A few days ago she was asking for help as the program/app she had been sing to...
  3. Some websites inaccessible after windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some websites inaccessible after windows update.: I recently did a fresh install of windows 10 pro after rollback from the windows 11 upgrade failed. After installation I installed windows updates, after which some, but not all websites are inaccessible. I am certain it is an update as I installed windows again after...
  4. no apps or programs work after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no apps or programs work after update: As of 23/06/22 update , none of my apps or programs work. Also task bar is not opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-apps-or-programs-work-after-update/ebcadcb0-3b57-45f3-b63d-27cf0cfcd3f6
  5. no apps or programs work after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no apps or programs work after update: As of 23/06/22 update , none of my apps or programs work. Also task bar is not opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-apps-or-programs-work-after-update/ebcadcb0-3b57-45f3-b63d-27cf0cfcd3f6
  6. no apps or programs work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Inaccessible program files and/or UAC

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible program files and/or UAC: Hello earthlings. Two questions about executables (program files). Or UAC? Or executables and UAC. I'm not sure. Is it possible to make a permanent change of an executable's process priority? If the process priority is changed by using the task manager, the change will only...
  8. Inaccessible partition after the 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inaccessible partition after the 1909 update: Hi, All, I updated from 1809 to 1909 one hour ago and upon restart, the boot screen said to click any key to skip a disk check, I skipped it. Then the Windows loaded, I noticed some missing icons on the desktop but didn't mind them. I opened Windows Explorer and saw that the...
  9. apps and programs deleted after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    apps and programs deleted after last update: Update problem December 17 and 18, 2018 I have been trying to have Microsoft solve my problem since Dec. 17, 2018. On Dec. 17, I was having a problem with Chrome. This happened before and I fixed it this way. I opened Chrome, clicked on the three dots in the upper right...
  10. Inaccessible Boot Drive after Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible Boot Drive after Update?: Since yesterday (15 Jan 2018) I started to encounter this issue. At first I did not know what caused it, but this morning (16 Jan) it happened again and this time I was prompted to restart my PC for a hardware update. When I restart my PC, Windows tells me that my Boot SSD...